Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I go on the Newcastle - Online fan forum quite regularly, and they were not looking forward to facing Buendia on Saturday. They have reacted to news of him not being available with relief. Their comments about his injury have been sympathetic which is a credit to them.

Sometimes we need to listen to the fans of of other clubs to fully appreciate how much one of our more 'spiky' players adds to our overall performance. 

Its wierd how we are aligned with them now as the peaky upstarts upsetting the applecart.  They are right as well.  Annoyingly good little shite of a player 

3 hours ago, Rolta said:

This is nonsense. He's consistently played well for us. He's not a superstar, but he's a battler with quality—he's been mostly effective for us and has had plenty of moments in a Villa shirt he can be proud of.

I do not think it's nonsense and stand by it despite how many people seem to agree with you.

This is recency bias and "injured player is good" logic in my opinion. The entire time Buendia has been here he's fallen short of expectations, especially considering what he showed at Norwich and his price tag. 

The fact is he needed to up his game if he wasn't going to be a bench player this year and as one of our most expensive players that's not good enough. He's fallen behind a £3mil championship signing and an academy graduate in the pecking order. 

I really like him and his style but I still don't think he's done enough ever and he's now at a do or die stage in his career, he's definitely no prospect now, if he's got to come back from being out for a year too on top of it I don't expect him to continue his career here post injury.

I know this is very harsh but just how I see it. Love to be proven wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It is typical that this comes right after a preseason where he was looking better than ever and looking sharp.

I'd say so too...:(

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Typical 

Edited by MrBlack

Id agree that he hasn't (yet) lived up to his record signing price tag, relative to some of the performances we've seen from the likes of McGinn, Kamara, Luiz and Ramsey

But I think that says more about the unbelievable value we have got from those players rather than the expected kind of return we're getting from Buendia.

He's still been our most creative player, he's still been one of the players covering the most distance and pressuring the opposition into mistakes, and but for some poor finshing he'd have far more assists than he's got.

He'll definitely be missed, and there is a big hole to fill. It's not quite Grealish levels of dependence, but we will struggle to find one player that replaces everything he does.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I do not think it's nonsense and stand by it despite how many people seem to agree with you.

This is recency bias and "injured player is good" logic in my opinion. The entire time Buendia has been here he's fallen short of expectations, especially considering what he showed at Norwich and his price tag. 

The fact is he needed to up his game if he wasn't going to be a bench player this year and as one of our most expensive players that's not good enough. He's fallen behind a £3mil championship signing and an academy graduate in the pecking order. 

I really like him and his style but I still don't think he's done enough ever and he's now at a do or die stage in his career, he's definitely no prospect now, if he's got to come back from being out for a year too on top of it I don't expect him to continue his career here post injury.

I know this is very harsh but just how I see it. Love to be proven wrong. 

I've appreciated him throughout his time here because of the way he plays—ever moreso under Emery (like with a lot of players). It's not recency bias for me, so you can rule that one out.

In my opinion the bit I've bolded is more nonsense! People have a different opinion to you though—that's enough tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I just hope he can recover and have a career at this level after what has happened to Wesley and others who've suffered serious knee injuries 

I am positive he will . 

Mings did his medial and anterior cruciate and came back stronger. 

Edited by MWARLEY2

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats time scale on these type of injuries?

Hopefully he's back for pre season next summer. Could be longer like Wesley. Could be career effectively over at top level. 

Definitely won't play this season whatever happens with his career now. 

Â