Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

So frustrating, we had successfully navigated our way through pre season avoiding this and then the hammer blow from nowhere. 

just got a feeling he will have a quicker recovery time, he seems to me to be in good shape and sometimes you do get surprises regarding recovery time. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Because he plays a similar position to Buendia. And if we can't / don't get in a replacement for Buendia, we might decide to keep Ramsey. 

Unlikely, we’ll use Coutinho, JPB and Bailey and alter the system slightly as well as bringing Zaniolo in.

8 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

let's not kid ourselves.  acl is game over at this level.  ffs

It's not at all. Even Fabian Delph did it about ten years ago at a time when he'd never been good for us, then he came back and was twice the player, became an England international and macked us off for Man City and won lots of trophies.

Loads of players do it and come back fine. The list is probably enormous.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

As Villans we are just never allowed smooth sailing.

Gutted for Emiliano, he will be shattered by this.

Only silver lining is that we are still in transfer window.

Damn.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

No he’s suited to play in a pivot if we were planning on using him wide wed would have experimented in the pre season. 

We don't play wide mids. Emery uses FB on one side ie Moreno or Bailey moved to wing. I don't understand why everyone talks about signing wingers when Emery didn't employ that at all. Tielemans had his worst season at Leicester last season playing 6. His best seasons were playing more attacking 8 with Ndidi behind

Get well soon Emi. He must be **** distraught. 

Hot and cold player for me, so trying not to lose my head too much. Granted, looked great pre-season, but god he frustrated me for large parts of last season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

As Villans we are just never allowed smooth sailing.

Gutted for Emiliano, he will be shattered by this.

Only silver lining is that we are still in transfer window.

Damn.

At least we have a proper captain at the helm now… Unai will steer us safely through the storms and waves…

Whilst I don't wish injury upon any player , it could be blessing in disguise IMHO

Emi is not a nailed on starter for me - Has his moments but seems better off the bench , which isn't enough for our club record signing. Always seems to struggle with his physicality and temperment. 

I can't tell you the number of times I've been yelling for him to get back on his f######g feet when the opposition have robbed the ball off him and he's throwing his arms in the air for a free kick that's never coming. Meanwhile the opposing players are breaking on us and creating a big chances becuse he's lost the ball and thrown himself to the ground.     

If it means more chances for one of our youth players or paves the way for a higher profile new sigingin we may well be better off long term. 

I do believe he would have started our first game… I think many underestimate how valued he has been by Unai…

Forces a rejig, rethink and will affect our transfer activity…

McGinn or Coutinho to come in to that attacking role now, I would assume… we need our players to step up, at least until we bring in reinforcements…

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Tielemans is a better 8 than 6. Can easily play in front of Luiz and Kamara with McGinn behind Watkins and Diaby in a 4222. I posted about this line up several days ago would work well

This is how I see us shaping up now. Its a shame because the team kind of now picks itself. Before we had choice. 

Still got a bench with Bailey, Coutinho, Duran, Archer, Philogene as options to change the attack so not a conplete disaster.

It's a shitter, but it probably is the best area of the pitch that we could have had such an injury for...

Â