Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Very few rate Buendia more highly than me, his vision and killer balls are top notch, however, this is an interesting point that deserves to be discussed. There's no doubt that his allround performances need to improve.

Not sure I’d call them top notch. Can’t remember many times this season I’ve seen him execute a killer ball successfully. I remember an incredible pass to Ings against Southampton was it? His vision seems decent. His weight of pass can be excellent. It’s all the other things he struggles with. Pace and strength mainly. 

• Haha 1

Probably the first match where he looked like what he cost. His tempo was just much better. He took the game slowly and wasn’t rushing his passes or dawdling too much. Think he consciously played further up the pitch and between the midfield and defensive line instead of coming back to the ball like he often did. 

Keep up the good run of form. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DJBOB said:

Probably the first match where he looked like what he cost. His tempo was just much better. He took the game slowly and wasn’t rushing his passes or dawdling too much. Think he consciously played further up the pitch and between the midfield and defensive line instead of coming back to the ball like he often did. 

Keep up the good run of form. 

Yeah I think Emery has been working with Emi to make him a more disciplined player - not to waste energy harrying after absolutely everything but to use it more wisely. 

Was probably his best 90 minutes there.

Got one assist but should've had way more and unlucky not to score with that glancing short run that saw him score a few last season.

Amusingly he seems our main threat from corners which is ridiculous considering his size.

Â