Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Only starting because McGinn is injured. If we want our wide midfielders to run around and tackle, just stick a centre half out wide. 

Id prefer someone with pace and you know, maybe the ability to actually beat a man? But that’s just me. Emery will think the same. 

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Only starting because McGinn is injured. If we want our wide midfielders to run around and tackle, just stick a centre half out wide. 

Id prefer someone with pace and you know, maybe the ability to actually beat a man? But that’s just me. Emery will think the same. 

I think you're just flat out wrong here. He seems to be one of the first names on the team sheet for Emery.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

There's a reason both Watkins and Buendia start the majority of games under UE, and it's nothing to do with fan opinion.

Exactly.  It’s the endeavour they bring.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s started every game under Emery no matter who is fit and he’s scored the winning goal in our last two wins. I know you don’t rate him but it’s an off time to take the angle that he just runs around and tackles.

• Like 1

Just now, Adam2003 said:

He’s started every game under Emery no matter who is fit and he’s scored the winning goal in our last two wins. I know you don’t rate him but it’s an off time to take the angle that he just runs around and tackles.

You can’t take the goals away from him. I actually think the header against Leeds was superb, that wasn’t an easy goal to score given the angle.

I just can’t get away from the fact that for 60/70 minutes of each game he plays, he’s one of, if not, the worst player on the pitch. He’s just not a top player and never will be because he’s slow and weak. None of the top sides have players that slow in attacking positions. You need pace to play out wide in this league, whether it be full back, winger or a wide forward. It’s one of the reasons Digne is struggling and why Targett was never good enough. 

There is nothing I’d like more than Buendia to come good and start dominating matches but the overwhelming evidence suggests he isn’t going to do that. Like you say, he’s in the team now, I just don’t envisage he will be when we bring in a couple more attacking players in this window. 

Hell, I’ve been wrong before plenty, hopefully I’m wrong again on this one! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You can’t take the goals away from him. I actually think the header against Leeds was superb, that wasn’t an easy goal to score given the angle.

I just can’t get away from the fact that for 60/70 minutes of each game he plays, he’s one of, if not, the worst player on the pitch. He’s just not a top player and never will be because he’s slow and weak. None of the top sides have players that slow in attacking positions. You need pace to play out wide in this league, whether it be full back, winger or a wide forward. It’s one of the reasons Digne is struggling and why Targett was never good enough. 

There is nothing I’d like more than Buendia to come good and start dominating matches but the overwhelming evidence suggests he isn’t going to do that. Like you say, he’s in the team now, I just don’t envisage he will be when we bring in a couple more attacking players in this window. 

A bit harsh I think. Buendia is a very good player. I love his attitude and commitment and he has skills. He's still very young too. Yeah he's not quick but he's a valuable member of the squad and is contributing. There's no doubt in my mind that I'd rather have him starting than McGinn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You’re not the only one with this thought.  I also want to see much more from Buendia and take games by the scruff of the neck.   Watching Gibbs-White in the No10 role last night on MOTD, he actually influences the outcome of games and quite often as well.  Now, he’s just one example.  Can’t think of many games where Buendia has single-handedly won us games?   Just want to see more from him and hope the consistent run of games will help him and us.

1 minute ago, Thug said:

Some people just have an agenda.

Some people don’t understand that sometimes doing a job for your team is more important than doing a job for yourself.

Some people will see a cat, and argue that it’s a dog day after day after day, and no matter what they are told, nothing will change their mind.

It is easier to smile and wave at these people, and just carry on with your life.

Now obviously using statistics alone is not necessarily the most accurate way to judge a player.  And obviously it is very much dependent on algorithms used.  What I would say though is that at-least it is based on a consistent, un-prejudiced way to make an assessment.

so:

About WhoScored.com Ratings

Our player ratings are based on each event recorded in the game calculated live automatically using our own algorithms, which comprise over 200 raw statistics. All events are valued based on a researched perception of the effect on the outcome on the match. Positive events are valued against negative events.

A statistical analysis suggests:

E9693809-3D88-4337-A0E3-19A30BA9BF01.thumb.jpeg.0399dd1aface06b7e2984db110949478.jpeg

Do I think he was man of the match? No.

But do I think I’d give more value to their statistical non-prejudiced assessment than some dude on the internet that posts anti-Buendia stuff at regular 6 minute intervals?

👋🏽😀

What about cats that dress like dogs 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Thug said:

Some people just have an agenda.

Some people don’t understand that sometimes doing a job for your team is more important than doing a job for yourself.

Some people will see a cat, and argue that it’s a dog day after day after day, and no matter what they are told, nothing will change their mind.

It is easier to smile and wave at these people, and just carry on with your life.

Now obviously using statistics alone is not necessarily the most accurate way to judge a player.  And obviously it is very much dependent on algorithms used.  What I would say though is that at-least it is based on a consistent, un-prejudiced way to make an assessment.

so:

About WhoScored.com Ratings

Our player ratings are based on each event recorded in the game calculated live automatically using our own algorithms, which comprise over 200 raw statistics. All events are valued based on a researched perception of the effect on the outcome on the match. Positive events are valued against negative events.

A statistical analysis suggests:

E9693809-3D88-4337-A0E3-19A30BA9BF01.thumb.jpeg.0399dd1aface06b7e2984db110949478.jpeg

Do I think he was man of the match? No.

But do I think I’d give more value to their statistical non-prejudiced assessment than some dude on the internet that posts anti-Buendia stuff at regular 6 minute intervals?

👋🏽😀

This is why I never take stats and ratings seriously when fans post them. My eyes don’t lie. I don’t mind Buendia being in the team at present as he’s better than what’s on the bench but if we are serious about getting into Europe we need better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WHY said:

This is why I never take stats and ratings seriously when fans post them. My eyes don’t lie. I don’t mind Buendia being in the team at present as he’s better than what’s on the bench but if we are serious about getting into Europe we need better. 

I acknowledged that in my post.

I’m not for a minute saying that he was indeed man of the match.  But there’s things happening that your eyes won’t tell you.

What I would say is that he certainly wasn’t the worst player on the pitch.

If we are serious about Europe only Martinez and Kamara are safe from needing upgrading.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WHY said:

Well, nor do mine?

It’s all about opinions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

So Guendouzi then?

50 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just a suggestion but maybe you should take that on board and be a little bit more nuanced with your opinions?  It often seems like you write players off before they've even had a chance to play and then stick to it come what may, just focusing on their worst bits all the time.

• Like 1

Â