Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t see why he can’t play instead of McGinn. What does McGinn do that Buendia can’t?

If Gerrard is going to survive he needs to figure out how to play Coutinho and Buendia together

We can’t be starting cloggers like Bailey ahead of this guy

Good "bantz"......obviously.....

:trollface:

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I’m finding this really strange. Coutinho plays off the left, and Buendia did his best work at Norwich playing from the right. The idea that it has to be one or the other baffles me. 

If it is one or the other, and given the outlay likely to be needed to sign Countinho, I’d rather stick with Emi. 

It’s not a question of left or right. They have the same role, the one the others give the ball in midfield and who starts the attacks by running and/or playing a vertical pass. When Coutinho first came SG played them both for a number of games and it didn’t work. Playing both also means one less striker as potential outlet.

47 minutes ago, hippo said:

Drop him now for a few meaningless games and he won't sign permanently.

Maybe that's Stevie Gs thinking.?

When Coutinho agreed to come he had talks with Gerrard, where Gerrard surely promised him all the game time he could possibly want. Coutinho’s priority is to make it to the World Cup. Gerrard would probably rather quit then bench Coutinho now.

I can actually understand Gerrard in this case, but it’s got the team in an awkward position.

• Like 2

Whatever about the goals return as he probably could improve in that regard, the idea that he needs to boost his assists output is bizarre considering that relies upon the player he passes to actually scoring themselves. His key passes, xA and all that jazz is healthy enough, and 6 assists in what amounts to around 18 games worth of minutes (that's what I read somewhere earlier anyway) has him amongst the best in the league for them on average regardless.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I would like to see Buendia starting more, but it feels like the usual suspects are getting over the top about it because they are clutching for something to be mad at the manager about.

Nope. It's the fact we have a chance creating machine who's also tenacious and pretty exciting to watch, and we're risking making him unhappy.

• Like 3

I just dont want him to get pissed off. He has such a great attitude and its hard to see what more he can do on the pitch. He would have to be Gareth Bale 2.0 in training or something to deserve this, because on form he should be ahead of Coutinho right now.

Disrespectful to not start him against his old club too imho. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I just dont want him to get pissed off. He has such a great attitude and its hard to see what more he can do on the pitch. He would have to be Gareth Bale 2.0 in training or something to deserve this, because on form he should be ahead of Coutinho right now.

Disrespectful to not start him against his old club too imho. 

Disrespectful? When you think you’ve seen it all…

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

If we lose him due to Gerrard not fancying him and see him absolutely light it up would be the most Villa think ever. 

That's what's inexperienced managers do.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

We aint selling buendia fir starters no one paying 40m for him and we aint gonna sell for a loss. 

Selling players for a loss happens all the time. It’s a sunk cost, the price we paid is irrelevant.

I hope we keep him, but I don’t think whether or not he stays will be down to whether we get offered more than what we paid. It’ll be how he fits into the club’s plans, and whether he wants to stay.

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Selling players for a loss happens all the time. It’s a sunk cost, the price we paid is irrelevant.

I hope we keep him, but I don’t think whether or not he stays will be down to whether we get offered more than what we paid. It’ll be how he fits into the club’s plans, and whether he wants to stay.

Not for your biggest wvee signing. We aint honna take a 20m hot on him. No chance. We will give him another season and see how he gets on i think 

Gerrard doesn’t know how to play him and Coutinho in the same team, and to be honest, I can see why. Or at least, I know why Gerrard can’t. 

I think he’s worried that Buendia and Coutinho playing wide in a 4-3-3 lacks pace. In a 4-3-2-1 you could argue they tread on each other’s toes. The only other formation he could work together with Phil in, is a 4-2-3-1 but we don’t have the players to play a double pivot. 

It is a problem and one that can’t be solved by saying, ‘he needs to find a way to play them both’, because the team and the structure is the most important thing. 

I honestly don’t know how Buendia will fit into the side next year if Coutinho signs.

Â