Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Buendia is a little rough around the edges but has potential. We know he is a very creative player but also is prepared to do the dirty side by working hard, pressing and trying to genuinely win the ball.

Once upon a time players were given a season to bed in before they were written off, but nowadays they’re lucky to get half a season and we’ve already made his place in the squad redundant with Coutinho 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, david-avfc said:

Buendia is a little rough around the edges but has potential. We know he is a very creative player but also is prepared to do the dirty side by working hard, pressing and trying to genuinely win the ball.

Once upon a time players were given a season to bed in before they were written off, but nowadays they’re lucky to get half a season and we’ve already made his place in the squad redundant with Coutinho 

Could well benefit massively if Coutinho doesn't stick around

2 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Buendia is also surprisingly useful at corners with that near-post run.  It almost came off again yesterday but before that nobody seemed to be making that run.

1 hour ago, og1874 said:

Could well benefit massively if Coutinho doesn't stick around

Agreed. I’d like us to sign coutinho but if we don’t then we just use buendia in the same role and spend the money on strengthening CM, CDM and CB

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Surely part of Gerrards job is to get the big summer signings going. 

Bailey, Buendia and Ings are looking like a disaster of a summer right now. 

They don't just look like a disaster, they are one.

43 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Buendia starting to look very good and dropped. Infuriating. 

I've read he's both shit and good on this very same page.

That's NUMBERWANG!

On a serious note, i'm not worried about Buendia at all.

Probably the only summer signing i'm quite confident about coming good thus far.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/04/2022 at 15:21, DCJonah said:

Surely part of Gerrards job is to get the big summer signings going. 

Bailey, Buendia and Ings are looking like a disaster of a summer right now. 

If they were played in the formation and style they were intended for then yes. But the club decided to bring in a manager who doesn't use them. 

I have no idea how Buendia can’t get in this team. Gerrard is used to playing a narrow 4-3-3, and surely it would be better to have Coutinho and Buendia behind a striker in that formation. I’d be surprised if that wasn’t the formation we will be looking for play from next season anyway, so better to get practicing it now.

Really hope Buendia isn’t one of those players that we would consider selling. Same goes for Bailey.

• Like 2

Â