New kits 21/22

sne

11 hours ago, sne said:

Since the home kit also has a type of snake pattern on it I was thinking it was the year of the snake in China or something but apparently not.

It's the Milan city symbol so at least there is a reason

Biscione - Wikipedia

Isn't their club nickname the Snake or something? They're really doubling down on it this year....

NOTE: I just Googled it, they're "The Big Grass Snake".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, a m ole said:

Just spent 5 minutes on socios.com and I’m still none the wiser what the **** it’s supposed to be. Fan token crypto service app? Feels like money laundering with a few buzz words thrown in.

My workplace has been looking into Crypto over the past few months, just due to increasing client interest. Was surprised how many large European clubs have their own "fan token".

PSG, AC Milan, Juventus & Roma all available to purchase...and that's just on an Australian exchange. I'm sure their are far more available in Europe.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Got to be some kind of story as to why they've given them a Blackburn shirt 

Crystal Palace have revealed a new special edition third kit which celebrates the origins of the club 160 years ago.

The sky blue and white half and half shirt is based on the colours and design worn by the first ever team from the Crystal Palace Club, which was set up by cricketers who wanted to keep fit during the winter months.

The CPFC 1861 logo on the back of the shirt recognises the club’s pivotal role in developing modern football as the oldest league club in existence still playing professional football.

The club was only the second organised football team to be set up in London and, after playing its first official game the following March, seven of its members were involved in founding the Football Association in 1863 and agreeing the rules of the sport, as documented in the original FA minutes book.

In 1871 it played an important role in establishing the FA Cup, football’s oldest cup competition, which is celebrating its 150th anniversary.

Also featured on the shirt is a silhouette of the original Crystal Palace, the giant cast-iron and glass structure which was moved to Sydenham after hosting the Great Exhibition in Hyde Park.

https://www.footballshirtculture.com/21/22-Kits/crystal-palace-2021-22-puma-third-kit-cpfc-crystalpalace-pumafootball-crystalpalacefc.html

Some bold claims there.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Sounds like 2 different clubs of the same name that they're going to make a push for being recognised as the same club which would make them the oldest and not Sheffield fc 

If that's the case then puma have done alright there, will spark debate 

On 25/07/2021 at 15:27, JamieZ said:

Matthijs de Ligt clearly chose a shirt that he can grow into when he hits his next growth spurt. In Kappa sizing that would be an XXXXXL.

Looks like a comfy fit to me. There's a lot to be said for weaing a shirt in a size that doesn't mean everyone sees your nipples :)

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

The original was an amateur club that went bust after about 20 years. About 30 years later the club from today was founded

According to Wiki 😉

Indeed. Laughable attempt to rewrite history in their favour.

much like stevo says red and black always work together - 

Aberdeen 2021-22 Adidas Away Kit #Aberdeen #AberDNA #Aberdeenfc #adidasfootball

navy blue with a goldy yellow does it for me

its still the shit boring adidas template but i love the colours, im sure ive got about 3 polo shirts from different brands with those exact 2 clours

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

much like stevo says red and black always work together - 

Correct. Although Bournemouth have had a bloody good go at proving that wrong in recent years

• Like 1

Â