New kits 21/22

sne

5 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

Yes.

But why? 

I don't see the argument for them, the idea that they make nice kits it's subjective (I think they're hit and miss at best) but the service that they give clubs like us is well documented to be piss poor 

I also don't see how their current templates would look good in our colours 

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But why? 

I don't see the argument for them, the idea that they make nice kits it's subjective (I think they're hit and miss at best) but the service that they give clubs like us is well documented to be piss poor 

I'd like to see it, but I have a feeling we'd look like West Ham

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

But why? 

Simply because I’m a massive adidas fan and have always wanted us to have the famous three stripes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Simply because I’m a massive adidas fan and have always wanted us to have the famous three stripes. 

Trefoil Adidas Originals yes.  Modern Adidas I would not touch with a barge pole.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Trefoil Adidas Originals yes.  Modern Adidas I would not touch with a barge pole.

I’d take any. You’re never gonna get a trefoil. That ship sailed long ago.

Totally unrelated to Villa but if Adidas did what Nike has done recently using the old logo for the odd third shirt they’d sell out very quickly. I’m a collector of shirts and bought some of the third Nike shirts with the old logos from two seasons ago!

1 minute ago, Killeen30 said:

I’d take any. You’re never gonna get a trefoil. That ship sailed long ago.

Totally unrelated to Villa but if Adidas did what Nike has done recently using the old logo for the odd third shirt they’d sell out very quickly. I’m a collector of shirts and bought some of the third Nike shirts with the old logos from two seasons ago!

I am a big fan of Adidas kits from the 80s I just think when the ditched the trefoil it's all went down hill.

The Zenith of kit design was Euro 84 not just the Adidas kits but Hummel and Le Coq Sportif too.  Every team seemed to have a classic.

13 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I am a big fan of Adidas kits from the 80s I just think when the ditched the trefoil it's all went down hill.

The Zenith of kit design was Euro 84 not just the Adidas kits but Hummel and Le Coq Sportif too.  Every team seemed to have a classic.

Everyone loves retro don't they? It’s why there is such a massive kit collecting community at present, which I think will only get bigger!

23 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Everyone loves retro don't they? It’s why there is such a massive kit collecting community at present, which I think will only get bigger!

Indeed they do which is why the Chinese are now making copies of all the classic kits!  Picked up a Holland 88 shirt a spot on rep! Why Adidas do not do it themselves with their back catalogue I have no idea.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Indeed they do which is why the Chinese are now making copies of all the classic kits!  Picked up a Holland 88 shirt a spot on rep! Why Adidas do not do it themselves with their back catalogue I have no idea.

They did a great looking arsenal retro range last season with the trefoil logo

Boca would be the one for me, if they did a Maradona range from the 80s I'd be all over it 

• Like 1

Â