VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

I bumped into Bev Bevan in town earlier. They were about to go into a card shop when his missus took a fancy to my dogs. I thought it looked like a scruffy version of Bev. I’ve just googled Bev Bevan now , and there he was with the same women that took a fancy to my dogs. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I bumped into Bev Bevan in town earlier. They were about to go into a card shop when his missus took a fancy to my dogs. I thought it looked like a scruffy version of Bev. I’ve just googled Bev Bevan now , and there he was with the same women that took a fancy to my dogs. 

He went to my school. 

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

So did Jasper Carrot then I assume?

Yep. And Moeen Ali, Gladstone Small, Chris Spedding, Anton Lesser, Nigel Mansell and Carl Chinn. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, veloman said:

Now that IS something !! What a player. Think he used a Gibson Flying V didn't he ?

Indeed. Great guitarist. 

49 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Question for Mr @Seat68 , what d’ya think of Hurray for the Riff Raff, if you’ve even heard of them?

I might be barking up the wrong tree but I just thought they might be your ting?

Dunno about @Seat68, but I like 'em.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Question for Mr @Seat68 , what d’ya think of Hurray for the Riff Raff, if you’ve even heard of them?

I might be barking up the wrong tree but I just thought they might be your ting?

I don't know them in all honesty, I have seen the name and I think they are playing or have played Willies Luck Festival but nothing more than that. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I don't know them in all honesty, I have seen the name and I think they are playing or have played Willies Luck Festival but nothing more than that. 

It was on my buy list, but for some reason it’s £29, I can’t be doing that.

11 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I really like their previous album

Hurray for the Riff Raff — LIFE ON EARTH

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bickster said:

Paul McCartney didn't survive the 60s :crylaugh:

Actually, I tend to agree. 'All Things Must Pass' aside, I have very little love for the post-Beatles' solo stuff. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

They have a unique definition of “approaching” judging by the ages of a few of the people included on that cover.

Cash was approaching 40. 

Â