VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

9 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

U.S. singer Lizzo has quit the industry due to negative comments made about her size.

Yeah, me neither.

Hmmm sure sure.

Nothing to do with repeated allegations of abuse against her made by her entourage and employees then? 🧐

18 hours ago, nick76 said:

This page has made me feel young again, all this above was before my time 🥳

You didn't respond to my call for k-pop fans though?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

You didn't respond to my call for k-pop fans though?

Not a fan but I was poised a while back buying Stray Kids tickets for my daughter. I was successful. She is a grown ass adult.  

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Hey, where have you been hiding?  :)

Kid, growing up... finally getting back into a more mature synthesis of my prior phases in life (or something like that).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Not a fan but I was poised a while back buying Stray Kids tickets for my daughter. I was successful. She is a grown ass adult.  

Same her tbh. My son is heavily into it, and I've been exposed. He has set hours long playlist on my car's Spotify. And I listen to it :). Better than radio.

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Same her tbh. My son is heavily into it, and I've been exposed. He has set hours long playlist on my car's Spotify. And I listen to it :). Better than radio.

I hear it a lot. My daughter like all things Korean but a lot of the music, Ateez and Stray Kids mainly. 

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

All K Pop is absolute shit and the bands are just fake and paedos.

I might go and write that on twitter, and then just wait…

Once criticised BTS on Twitter. I feared for my life. I say to the kid that they look like lesbians. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Once criticised BTS on Twitter. I feared for my life. I say to the kid that they look like lesbians. 

Yeah, I think the girls look alright (obvs) but the boys look terrible and girlie in their make-up.

Almost an Alan Partridge level concept.

This is Aespa.

allkpop_1633014497_untitled-1-3935940735.jpg.c46854f562e21621169ae50102a85c05.jpg

Michael McDonald, Chris Thile, Stormzy, Anoushka Shankar, John Legend and John Mayer are elsewhere on the album.

Choosing guest artists with the tombola system?

8 hours ago, Xann said:

This is Aespa.

allkpop_1633014497_untitled-1-3935940735.jpg.c46854f562e21621169ae50102a85c05.jpg

Michael McDonald, Chris Thile, Stormzy, Anoushka Shankar, John Legend and John Mayer are elsewhere on the album.

Choosing guest artists with the tombola system?

Trying to get into the asian market?

8 hours ago, Xann said:

This is Aespa.

AI is definitely getting better but you can still tell they aren’t real.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Trying to get into the asian market?

Loads of markets at once :)

There's a big noise in American gospel music too.

• Like 2

On 24/02/2022 at 15:07, Seat68 said:

This is perplexing. There is a female singer, she goes by a specific name that's not her own name, not connected to her name. She performs under the name of Dylan. 

That takes some willful shooting yourself in the foot to perform under a name that is synonymous with a specific performer. Just from a search perspective, you aren't going to make the top results, but this is where it gets a little more perplexing. "Dylan singer" does return her, almost at the top. I suspect she has an excellent SEO company working for her.

Today I see there is an up and coming singer called Lulu. I shit you not, and not the ginger scotch woman. 

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Today I see there is an up and coming singer called Lulu. I shit you not, and not the ginger scotch woman. 

Sorry speak up I can't hear you :D 

• Haha 1

It’s 1973 and U.S. music programme Midnight Special does a ‘special’ from the Biba store, in London.

But it’s taken 51 years for it to get to youtube.

• Like 1

seeing as the film is coming out and the hyperbole is starting swirl - amy winehouse...is that special? some of the write ups seem to paint her as one of the greatest female singers ever to have existed, i just see her as alright, couple of decent songs, a decent album, good voice lots of talent but overall im not getting it

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

seeing as the film is coming out and the hyperbole is starting swirl - amy winehouse...is that special? some of the write ups seem to paint her as one of the greatest female singers ever to have existed, i just see her as alright, couple of decent songs, a decent album, good voice lots of talent but overall im not getting it

The hype is bending reality beyond what should be physically possible

Â