Your worst Aston Villa prediction

KentVillan

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I said I'd eat a hat if Delph was to leave.

I was at the Derby 4-0 game and sent a message to my mate saying we're gonna win 10 in a row and get promoted, he said he'd eat a hat if we did. A week after we went up was my wedding and he ate a hat shaped cupcake as a compromise. 

When asked by a Belgian lady in the main square before the 1982 ECSF, whether there would be any trouble that night, I replied confidently "No, we're Aston Villa"  as I had a noon beer or three, prior to "The Battle of Brussels".  

I also thought that Sasa Curcic would be a good signing at £4m. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I thought during pre-season in 1995 that Savo would wear his trademark bandanna in the Premier League, and that it would take the nation by storm. 

I also thought, whilst standing inthe Holte End each week that this week would be the one where Savo scored a hat trick, and would kick on to score 20 goals a season. I was partially right one week. 

Guest av1

The day Collymore signed I said he would fire us to the league title. I was sure that he was the last peice of the jigsaw. 

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I thought during pre-season in 1995 that Savo would wear his trademark bandanna in the Premier League, and that it would take the nation by storm. 

I also thought, whilst standing inthe Holte End each week that this week would be the one where Savo scored a hat trick, and would kick on to score 20 goals a season. I was partially right one week. 

I think everyone that was there that night felt the same. The atmosphere was incredible as his goals were going in. 

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Nii Lamptey, Sasa Curcic and Fabio Ferraresi would all become top players with us.

That was probably one of my biggest mistake. I thought at the time he was finally our answer to a perfect AMC that we were missing.

And another one I must put my hand up on was I never saw the fuss with Jack when he first came into the scene.

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Thinking we'd be really good in the 13/14 season following the strong end to the previous one and opening day win against Arsenal.

Cracking away day that was. Thought Luna was going to be a proper cult hero here after the way he ran through their defence to score late on that day...took him about 3 more games to turn into the usual s*** LB option.

I agree though on thinking we'd do something that season given the front 3 were very difficult for many prem defences to handle at that time but reality is we didn't buy a player to give us different option and Gabby, Weimann and even Benteke all lost form/got injured and we had nothing much else.

Also mad to think we ended 2013 with a bloated squad lacking plenty of quality, actually let likes of Bannan, El-Amadi, Lichaj, Ireland all go....and just replaced them with Helenius, Bacuna, Luna, Tonev! Sums up the Lambert era pretty well.

8 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

I know Albion fans that are proud they haven’t been “as shit as the Villa were,when they went down”

Please don't tell me they actually chanted that at games. Just when you think they couldn't get even more small time!😂

I put a fiver on Watkins to be top scorer after we smashed Liverpool. To be fair if the disallowed goals weren’t ruled out and the woodwork was a little slimmer, he wouldn’t have been far off. 

• Like 2

Â