Your worst Aston Villa prediction

KentVillan

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

That was sort of my point though 

Yeah but saying Xia was the worst owner we’ve ever had, when we’ve had a bunch of awful owners is a bold…. Never mind.

23 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

But only one very very nearly put us completely out of business.

Fair point. I suppose there is a reasonable case on those grounds. 

Just now, HKP90 said:

Yeah but saying Xia was the worst owner we’ve ever had, when we’ve had a bunch of awful owners is a bold…. Never mind.

Not really, it got to the point that Villa would cease  to exist  with him and I did say the others where bad 

Since we had badge changes under Lerner, and i think Xia, although it might of been a smidge before he took over, and we’re talking about how cack they both were as owners, should we think about a change under NSWE?

I for one don’t like our current crest. I think it’s too simplistic, and the colour is too light. Like baby puke. I would like some claret in there.

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Since we had badge changes under Lerner, and i think Xia, although it might of been a smidge before he took over, and we’re talking about how cack they both were as owners, should we think about a change under NSWE?

I for one don’t like our current crest. I think it’s too simplistic, and the colour is too light. Like baby puke. I would like some claret in there.

Someone somewhere will be able to explain how new badges are created with print and media and formatting in mind, my really basic understanding of it is it can be put on a pin head or the moon and nothing changes or blurs or anything, results in the newer badges looking more simplistic, less colours and design, it's why you can make an argument for juves new badge actually being genius 

Long story short those of us wanting a return to old badges (me included, I want the round one back) are going to be left bitterly disappointed when it does eventually change again but it actually moves further away from what we all think a badge should be 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Someone somewhere will be able to explain how new badges are created with print and media and formatting in mind, my really basic understanding of it is it can be put on a pin head or the moon and nothing changes or blurs or anything, results in the newer badges looking more simplistic, less colours and design, it's why you can make an argument for juves new badge actually being genius 

Long story short those of us wanting a return to old badges (me included, I want the round one back) are going to be left bitterly disappointed when it does eventually change again but it actually moves further away from what we all think a badge should be 

Yeah I hate most of Juve’s new branding, although I take your point.

My fave is also the roundel

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, not necessary genius just good design practice. Think about the badge on the size of an app on your phone, and whether ‘ASTON VILLA FOOTBALL CLUB - PREPARED’ around a circle with intricate design would be legible and look good at that scale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The thing with xia is that he had this urban planning degree or whatever from harvard, he was making noises about wanting to get involved with the commonwealth games and taking over the athletes village afterwards (which now isn't being built) we had the HS2 stuff in our doorstep, he was coming up with all these infrastructure plans, the city at the time were kicking off the next phase of the big plan and looking for huge sums of investment, they'd just signed over the city's biggest ever housing development to a Chinese company, baggies, wolves and blues also had Chinese owners...

I bought in to something really big coming not just to villa but that they were eying up development growth in the region as a whole 

True. But also the thing with Xia is everything he said was a lie.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Nii Lamptey, Sasa Curcic and Fabio Ferraresi would all become top players with us.

As a Champ Man lover, Nii Lamptey was the most excited I'd ever been about a signing. I even had his name on my shirt for my 13th Birthday in 94. Gutted it never worked out :(

Overrating nearly every youth prospect we’ve had.

Thought Delfouneso and Luke Moore would go on to play for England. Thought Ciaran Clark would be our captain and our own John Terry. Rated Barry Bannan highly. And more.

Since then I’m trying to tempt my expectations for the youngsters. So I’m trying to not get overexcited, even by the likes of Carney C and Barry.

• Like 1

On the even of the 2015/16 season I predicted that a team would come from nowhere and win the league and that it would be one of the biggest sporting shocks in recent memory, the two teams that I thought might do it, were Leicester and Villa, embarrassingly out of the two I chose Villa to win the league.

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Three league wins, 3 wins all season!

So the next time we moan about things are not going our way just remember 15-16. The horror, the horror.....

I know Albion fans that are proud they haven’t been “as shit as the Villa were,when they went down”

I was so confident that Solano would stay that I went a bought a shirt with his name on the back, he left a week later and I spent a season being ridiculed by everyone around me at VP. In hindsight I should have just bought a new shirt 

Â