Weekends Football 19/21 March

andykeenan

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Because it is totally unbalanced and they just take the best players from any side that challenges them. 

Like man united used to be able to do. Thank god those days are over. 

Edited by villa89

Haaland ended up getting 2 today but Dortmund only got a draw.

He's having yet another fantastic season but Dortmund is not. Jadon Sancho got player of the month for February in the Bundesliga btw.

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Everton are a real threat to Man City's quadruple aspirations - they're putting in a very decent effort here.

Didn't even know it was an FA cup game... 

There's so much football on at the moment and to be fair I've seen snippets of lots of games but bar villa I've not paid much actual attention to most of it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, it's the effect of the most recent Premier league TV deals - in England it's meant that teams outside the traditional big six can afford to attract and pay the wages of better players and has closed the gap between the top and the middle, and abroad it's meant that Crystal Palace can outbid the likes of Inter Milan and Dortmund for players - that's put pressure on the big two in Spain and they've overstretched and found themselves skint at a time where they both have to redevelop their grounds. It's all the result of that TV money that's making Southampton richer than Juventus.

TBF I think i remember reading that the PL is one of the only leagues which "evenly" shares the broadcasting revenue compared to the La Liga (and Barca/Real getting a majority of it)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

TBF I think i remember reading that the PL is one of the only leagues which "evenly" shares the broadcasting revenue compared to the La Liga (and Barca/Real getting a majority of it)

Right and wrong and the same time

They evenly share the revenue but then also pay a fee per appearance of around £1.5m, the minimum appearance number is 8 I think, the likes of utd and Liverpool are on somewhere between 25 and 30 times

Means potentially they earn around £33m more a season 

Not sure what disparity there is in the other leagues anymore 

Remember that weekend at the start of the season when refs booked players for not leaving via the nearest touchline? They seem to have decided that's just not a rule anymore, take your time, Raheem.

• Like 1

I can't make my mind up if Graham Potter is an excellent coach who is a striker short of a top half side or if he is a coach responsible for the most dull and boring football ever. Not sure that makes sense but it is how I feel watching Brighton.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have the anti Newcastle bug, however the more i think about this maybe its Brighton that could be better option for us to go down.

Newcastle are (Usually) a dream to play against, Brighton are not!

Â