Weekends Football 19/21 March

andykeenan

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They evenly share the revenue but then also pay a fee per appearance of around £1.5m, the minimum appearance number is 8 I think, the likes of utd and Liverpool are on somewhere between 25 and 30 times

Each club is guaranteed to be broadcast atleast 10 times a season, after that each club that gets picked recieves a "facilities fee" for having those games broadcast, I know it used to be a million pound a game, so £1.5million is about right with the latest tv deal

I remember a few seasons ago liverpool had 30 of their 38 games televised

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I can't make my mind up if Graham Potter is an excellent coach who is a striker short of a top half side or if he is a coach responsible for the most dull and boring football ever. Not sure that makes sense but it is how I feel watching Brighton.

Amazed you find Brighton dull tbh. Full of lovely passing moves. They just can't finish and then let in a sloppy goal five minutes later.

Hope they hang on to win though as keeps Newcastle on verge of bottom 3.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Amazed you find Brighton dull tbh. Full of lovely passing moves. They just can't finish and then let in a sloppy goal five minutes later.

Hope they hang on to win though as keeps Newcastle on verge of bottom 3.

I find Barca and Man City dull as well to be honest, can appreciate what they do but it leaves me cold.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimzk5 said:

Each club is guaranteed to be broadcast atleast 10 times a season, after that each club that gets picked recieves a "facilities fee" for having those games broadcast, I know it used to be a million pound a game, so £1.5million is about right with the latest tv deal

I remember a few seasons ago liverpool had 30 of their 38 games televised

So yeah that'd be £15m minimum vs £45m for liverpool

There is some disparity it's just kind of unwritten and not discussed, pretty much like all of the financial disparity in the PL, it's before you then get in to the nitty gritty of Liverpools billboard sponsors etc knowing they'll get the 30 games on TV 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So yeah that'd be £15m minimum vs £45m for liverpool

There is some disparity it's just kind of unwritten and not discussed, pretty much like all of the financial disparity in the PL, it's before you then get in to the nitty gritty of Liverpools billboard sponsors etc knowing they'll get the 30 games on TV 

Its disgusting in my view

Man utd just signed another record breaking shirt sponsor for £55million a season (I think, may be a bit less)

I'd guess our main shirt sponsor is worth 3 million a year at best

Just now, Jimzk5 said:

Its disgusting in my view

Man utd just signed another record breaking shirt sponsor for £55million a season (I think, may be a bit less)

I'd guess our main shirt sponsor is worth 3 million a year at best

And no chevrolet means that they now have a slot available for official car partner 

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You might even get a Small Health financial melt down thrown in as a bonus

Full financial collapse makes me nervous. They might get handed over to someone competent at some point. If they are in turmoil but just about avoid going under it’s the most fun scenario.

Just now, Genie said:

Full financial collapse makes me nervous. They might get handed over to someone competent at some point. If they are in turmoil but just about avoid going under it’s the most fun scenario.

If they go pop they will really go pop. Nobody with any nous would touch them.

6 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Hearing Tony Xia wants another go...

That would be something, though in China there are signs that they are moving away from football as a sound investment. Just look at the situation at Jiangsu FC and the Chinese Super League in general. 

Edited by MachoFantastico

40 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I find Barca and Man City dull as well to be honest, can appreciate what they do but it leaves me cold.

I get that but Brighton playing the way they do at least give space for opposition to counter so the actual game is end to end with loads of chances (of course in true Bruceball fashion 0 shots on target tonight). So more interesting than Man. City who when they're on it barely give opposition a shot.

Give me that over Newcastle-Burnley just hitting long diagonals to each other for 90 minutes or even what Wolves do and just low block teams to death.

I'd rank Brighton top half in terms of enjoyment of watching their games this season.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

Â