Weekends Football 19/21 March

andykeenan

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

At what point do Bayern fans get bored of the Bundesliga?  This will be 9 in a row, they’ve won either the double or treble in 5 of the previous 8 seasons.  At some point doesn’t walking away with a clearly uncompetitive league become unsatisfying? 

Only 4 points ahead of RB Leipzig who they face away in the next round.

It's not as if the Bundesliga is poor, Bayern are just a fantastic side.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Because it is totally unbalanced and they just take the best players from any side that challenges them. 

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Because it is totally unbalanced and they just take the best players from any side that challenges them. 

Well yeah, that's football for ya. The rich plunder the less rich.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Well yeah, that's football for ya. The rich plunder the less rich.

It’s changed in other “top leagues” to a degree. United can’t click their fingers and get players like Grealish or Sancho anymore.

Liverpool habe struggled to strengthen since winning the league. 

8 minutes ago, sne said:

They’ll win the league again. Then they’ll take Leipzig’s best centre half off them and probably their manager too if Flick takes the Germany job. It’s just like when Dortmund got a team together, Bayern just took Lewandowski, Hummels and Gotze off of them and killed the competition. They are so dominant that they can just weaken any potential competition and it’s detrimental to the league.  

Bayern are also the only German side to have won a European trophy in a quarter of a century.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

They’ll win the league again. Then they’ll take Leipzig’s best centre half off them and probably their manager too if Flick takes the Germany job. It’s just like when Dortmund got a team together, Bayern just took Lewandowski, Hummels and Gotze off of them and killed the competition. They are so dominant that they can just weaken any potential competition and it’s detrimental to the league.  

Bayern are also the only German side to have won a European trophy in a quarter of a century.  

Yeah, as I said they are great.

Guess you could have some sort of gentlemen agreement that top clubs don't buy or steal players from each other. Agnelli from Juventus is a fan of this idea but I think it's daft. And if ever Villa against all odds find itself in a position to act like Bayern I hope we do.

Both Dortmund and RB Leipzig need to sell players to keep their finances going, it's part of their plan. Bayern doesn't. As far as I'm aware all Red Bull contracts have a release clause, it's how they operate.

It's not as if they have hundreds of millions in debt, fail FFP, are state funded or change owners to get out of jail every other year like every other big club. Not to say they are not ridiculously well backed and funded but I still dislike the far less than every other of the mega clubs.

Edited by sne

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s changed in other “top leagues” to a degree. United can’t click their fingers and get players like Grealish or Sancho anymore.

Liverpool habe struggled to strengthen since winning the league. 

True, Covid and living above their means (Barca, Real, Manure...) has changed the situation for most clubs.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sne said:

I think the Bundesliga is up there with the Premier League as the top league in Europe. When talking about Lewandowski I was thinking about the all time record which I think hes now number two but still about 60 goals from Gerd Muller but if he plays for another two years he should end up no.1 which would be incredibly being as he has only played in the league 11 years.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sne said:

True, Covid and living above their means (Barca, Real, Manure...) has changed the situation for most clubs.

Also, clubs lower down the pecking order  can financially satisfy these players. You no longer HAVE to go to the big boys to earn top dollar. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Also, clubs lower down the pecking order  can financially satisfy these players. You no longer HAVE to go to the big boys to earn top dollar. 

Yeah in the PL this is the case. No where else thou.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah in the PL this is the case. No where else thou.

I kinda agree, but Dortmund can keep Sancho and Haaland happy even though the top table would love to have them both. 

Yep, it's the effect of the most recent Premier league TV deals - in England it's meant that teams outside the traditional big six can afford to attract and pay the wages of better players and has closed the gap between the top and the middle, and abroad it's meant that Crystal Palace can outbid the likes of Inter Milan and Dortmund for players - that's put pressure on the big two in Spain and they've overstretched and found themselves skint at a time where they both have to redevelop their grounds. It's all the result of that TV money that's making Southampton richer than Juventus.

• Like 3

Just now, Genie said:

I kinda agree, but Dortmund can keep Sancho and Haaland happy even though the top table would love to have them both. 

But Dortmund is a pretty massive club. They almost always go far in Europe and finish near the top in the league (although not this season)

I imagine both will leave in the summer if Dortmund miss out on the CL unless Covid has crippled the market too much.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, it's the effect of the most recent Premier league TV deals - in England it's meant that teams outside the traditional big six can afford to attract and pay the wages of better players and has closed the gap between the top and the middle, and abroad it's meant that Crystal Palace can outbid the likes of Inter Milan and Dortmund for players - that's put pressure on the big two in Spain and they've overstretched and found themselves skint at a time where they both have to redevelop their grounds. It's all the result of that TV money that's making Southampton richer than Juventus.

Even thou we are benefiting from it I kinda hate it.

Â