Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I'm highlighting a trend in the way we play, and we can rest assured that if Wolves make a change that tips the balance DS won't respond - he never does.

Can't recall the last time we were good over 2 halves.  Might be Liverpool?  Point is, its rare, and that 1st half had everything but a goal, Wolves are a 2nd half team, so its really not in our favor

I see what you mean, but it doesn’t mean we will always play like that, especially with a different line up. The defeatist ‘we’re going to lose now’ posts really get on my nerves.

Edited by Mister_a
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I'm highlighting a trend in the way we play, and we can rest assured that if Wolves make a change that tips the balance DS won't respond - he never does.

Can't recall the last time we were good over 2 halves.  Might be Liverpool?  Point is, its rare, and that 1st half had everything but a goal, Wolves are a 2nd half team, so its really not in our favor

That's football 

We're playing really well and not dominating but pretty close 

Smiths not going to make an early sub, he's also not going to think that a wolves change will instantly change the story of the game, he's going to hope that we ride their change out and stay in top

He'll at the very least let the change play out and see what happens 

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

talk is that Barkley is going through a half time warmup

He's out in the middle with the other subs so I think it's unluikely he'll be coming straight on.

I'd also say that the midfield three has been strong, no need to change anything at the moment.

Just now, Mister_a said:

I see what you mean, but it doesn’t mean we will always play like that, especially with a different line up. The defeatist ‘we’re going to lose now’ posts really get on my nerves.

Don't read them then.  My opinion is no less valid than yours.

I'd actually argue its more valid since there is evidence to show my opinion is the more likely, there is very little to supports yours

Just skimmed this but clear that as he is doing a decent job defending Elmo is now being called out for poor passing and chemistry with Traore. It would choke some people to give him any credit 

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

Don't read them then.  My opinion is no less valid than yours.

I'd actually argue its more valid since there is evidence to show my opinion is the more likely, there is very little to supports yours

I’ll read what i like ta, it is a forum after all.

Ollie in the tunnel stretching whatever it is that's bothering him, but he's got a big smile on his face - nothing to worry about there.

Philogene-Bidace to come on for Traore after 70 minutes and make a massive name for himself.