Team shape, tactics and personnel

MaVilla

We just need a new CB / RCB / RB in the team to help build up play. I think if we play a new RCB at RB and Carlos with Mings next season we'll be much better in this area. 

Kamara having an off day yesterday is a rare thing too

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We just need a new CB / RCB / RB in the team to help build up play. I think if we play a new RCB at RB and Carlos with Mings next season we'll be much better in this area. 

Kamara having an off day yesterday is a rare thing too

I’d like to see konsa used as the right back for a few games when Carlos is back

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’d like to see konsa used as the right back for a few games when Carlos is back

We've got 3 capable right backs and Konsa is the least adventurous passer of the ball in the squad.

The man can only pass 5 yards right. Steve in Doug Ellis lower for AA better bring his boots.

What ever system we choose to play, or any other team.....they will be found out....that is a given.

There is no fool proof system....They have to be executed proficiently.

So that comes back to the business, of Players putting in a good performance, and consistency, usually seperates the good from the not so good.

We have played, different systems under 3/4 managers, yet certain weak traits still exist.

33 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We've got 3 capable right backs and Konsa is the least adventurous passer of the ball in the squad.

The man can only pass 5 yards right. Steve in Doug Ellis lower for AA better bring his boots.

He doesn’t need to be an adventurous passer, has young been? It’s a more defensive role

31 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He doesn’t need to be an adventurous passer, has young been? It’s a more defensive role

Regardless he has to be good in possession and a progressive passer we really suffered when young went off yesterday , Young played Bailey in down the right hand side numerous times yesterday. I know Bailey is the resident scapegoat here but he really dropped off when Young went off and that isn’t through coincidence.

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Regardless he has to be good in possession and a progressive passer we really suffered when young went off yesterday , Young played Bailey in down the right hand side numerous times yesterday. I know Bailey is the resident scapegoat here but he really dropped off when Young went off and that isn’t through coincidence.

I think he has the ability to do it if coached right, I know it’s not worth much three seasons on but his progressive passing stats were great in his last season at Brentford I’m sure. In terms of bailey I think every criticism of him yesterday was deserved, he needs dropped 

4 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I think he has the ability to do it if coached right, I know it’s not worth much three seasons on but his progressive passing stats were great in his last season at Brentford I’m sure. In terms of bailey I think every criticism of him yesterday was deserved, he needs dropped 

Dropping Bailey isn’t that easy, he is actually playing as a winger in possession hugging the touchline, at the moment we don’t have a fit winger, was he good enough yesterday no but he did create some nice chances early on.

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Dropping Bailey isn’t that easy, he is actually playing as a winger in possession hugging the touchline, at the moment we don’t have a fit winger, was he good enough yesterday no but he did create some nice chances early on.

Therein lies the problem. I think Duran might be able to play that position but he’s just joined and a teenager. Kadan Young probably can but he’s 16. I think that’s why Traore was recalled because there’s no one else that can play the position  

Bailey’s position as one of the strikers in defense but plays wide right in possession responsible for attacking the fullback on that side. That profile is sadly short in our club and Bailey will continue to get minutes until his form has cratered and we have to turn to an unfit Traore or a teenager. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Vinnie Jones that famous press resistant style of footballer 

I think the example was a leader, experienced figure, Villa don't seem to have one.

Initially I thought Mings was that guy but not on yesterday's performance?

Zoom out guys. It’s just one game. 

But it is more entertaining to watch VT careen wildly back and forth between “Robbed of manager of the month!” And “Unai’s tactics won’t work anymore!”

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TRO said:

As a team, we don't like to be pressed.....I can only assume, we don't do much work on it in training.

We need a Vinnie Jones, in the squad to bring on in times like this......I'm exaggerating to push my point.

So many times , we lost the ball in one on ones, and just conceded possession.

The fourth goal will go down as a Moreno error, as it should......but how many noticed  Cash failing to close down Harvey Barnes, just allowing him to fire a ball over the top of us....its bloody casual and puny.

All these teams we play, can play at some stage....."If you let them play".....We LET Leicester Play, its that simple.

Everton yesterday, shut Arsenal down, and got the result, Fulham did it the night before.....we have been doing it away from home.....so why are we so bloody open and sloppy at Home?

This 100% Young would have tackled Barnes. We played some good stuff but we lacked leadership after Young went off, Mcginn is also a big miss.

• Like 1

Â