Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

Just now, villa4europe said:

No of course not, what it is the americanisation of football where everyone wants stats stats stats (to then go and moan about everything on social media...)

You can take possession, shots, shots on target, corners etc and know who the better team is, you can also watch the game... 

"villa have an xg of..." just seems so futile to me, especially in a 0-0 game where anything can happen any second 

It helps, among other things, to indicate when a particular tactic is not likely to be fruitful, even after another half or more of football. 

I understand what you're saying, but it does have its uses, otherwise Dean and his analysts wouldn't use it.

Unfortunately they didn't use it at HT here, clearly.

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He looked so good against Liverpool, I thought he was the missing piece of the jigsaw.

Just like Stan Collymore.

If he could be as fired up against other clubs as he was against Everton rivals Liverpool he'd been a great player I'm sure. Shame he can't seem to be bothered.

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

We're playing like half the team are still recovering from a potentially life-threatening respiratory illness.

Ah, a couple of bottles of bleach, a shot of hydroxichloroquin and Bob's you're uncle.

• Like 1