Weekends Football 12/14 February

andykeenan

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Newcastle got Chelsea and Man. United away next two and generally some very tough games up to start of April so can see them having a run of defeats now most thing they're safe. Fulham playing Burnley and Sheffield United in next week so they simply have to get at least 4 points from that and then things become interesting again.

I'd love it if Fulham can make it interesting.

8 hours ago, sne said:

Think the kneeling before the kick off in the PL has made it's point by now and gotten through to anyone interested tbh. Not my place and if the players feels it's something they want to continue with then by all means do so. 

But for me watching it has lost it's powerful statement power and moved on to just get it over with and get on with the game. Especially in games where there also is a silent minute for someone or another ceremony.

It's still better than the FIFA/ UEFA empty gesture where they hold up a No to Racism banner but then allow massive racist abuse in the stands towards players without any action.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Liverpool could potentially drop to 8th if the clubs below them (us included) win their games in hand.

Some of those might be games between these sides but can't be bothered to check.

I am sure that wont happen, even if the teams win games I am sure that thing called VAR will save the.m

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

He seemed to do well enough with Toon

Well he nearly got his Chinese club relegated last season. No top club is touching Rafa, he also did a good job at Newcastle but nothing special 

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Well he nearly got his Chinese club relegated last season. No top club is touching Rafa, he also did a good job at Newcastle but nothing special 

He's got old, it happens, not sure why managers seem to avoid the suggestion 

He's been a manager for 26 years, that valencia team that brought him to prominence was 20 years ago

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, HongKongVillan said:

So we changed the rule on handball peno again?

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

The handball rule is a farce.

Getting to the stage where fans, players, coaches and especially officials haven't got a clue what is or isn't what it was or is supposed to be now, they have literally confused the f--- out of the game.

Game needs a reset.

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Individual brilliance bails out Man Utd again

It just isn't sustainable. Watching Man City and watching Man Utd is like day and night difference

Correct, add a top top striker to citeh and they will dominate the next few years.

Â