Weekends Football 12/14 February

andykeenan

Barkley and Loftus Cheek are completely different types of player, so I think people were mistaken if they were expecting Barkley to be like him. As it happens a lot of Fulham fans have been moaning about his performances.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think Scott Parker is doing a fine job at Fulham, gone under the radar and they play decent football and would have more points if even got a 10 goal striker

He had a stinker last year though. Fulham shouldn't have had to go through the playoffs as they had the best squad in the league but they never troubled automatics.

It's good to see a manager turning it around, it's pretty rare managers in the prem never get enough time to learn on the job.

5 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Yeah he picked up a knock against Palace.

More annoying is that we played Klich in his position against you  after Struijk's terrible 15 minutes but were still not learning. I think we've lost every game he's been in midfield.

Where is Struijk good? I'm not some expert, I've only seen him a handful of times, but he looks absolute pants to me every time I've seen him. If he's rubbish in midfield, where is he good? And why didn't Bielsa start the lad who came on against us in midfield? I can't even remember his name, but he looked decent.

6 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Was the stat I heard on 5live tonight right? Fulham's first win at goodison in there history?

They had a ridiculous run about 10 years ago when the home team won the fixture for a bout 7 or 8 years in a row,

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Where is Struijk good? I'm not some expert, I've only seen him a handful of times, but he looks absolute pants to me every time I've seen him. If he's rubbish in midfield, where is he good? And why didn't Bielsa start the lad who came on against us in midfield? I can't even remember his name, but he looked decent.

Hes been alright at CB. His height has stopped us being proper shit at set pieces so that's nice, but he's our 4th choice CB and isn't really a midfielder at all. He looks like he's won a competition to be Kalvin Phillips for a day when he plays in midfield.

We played Shackleton against you lot in midfield, he played RB tonight and wasn't very good.

He's probably too small to make it in this league but he's fine as a squad player. We played him in midfield against Leicester the week after we played you and lost 4-1, same against Palace and lost 4-1 again. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Hes been alright at CB. His height has stopped us being proper shit at set pieces so that's nice, but he's our 4th choice CB and isn't really a midfielder at all. He looks like he's won a competition to be Kalvin Phillips for a day when he plays in midfield.

We played Shackleton against you lot in midfield, he played RB tonight and wasn't very good.

He's probably too small to make it in this league but he's fine as a squad player. We played him in midfield against Leicester the week after we played you and lost 4-1, same against Palace and lost 4-1 again. 

Ah, fair enough, doesn't sound like a great option.

Â