Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:
8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We realise that, I just wanted to see us improve is all.

We will only be able to see if we have improved or not after we have played some games and had our new players fit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

We will only be able to see if we have improved or not after we have played some games and had our new players fit. 

Oh yeh, totally agree. I’m just speculating on how I think we’ll perform given the players we’ve brought in. 

Hopefully we absolutely smash it!

• Like 2

Personally wouldn't be against no more signings now; although I do feel another midfielder would probably benefit us at CDM.

I can understand the reluctance to keep spending now though; our squad is overstocked as it is, especially in central midfield. We need to move players on, and if that ends up being next Summer and selling some players for profits whilst upgrading then so be it.

The benefit of not buying is that we can give chances to players like Sanson and Luiz, whilst also giving chances to the youngsters to prove themselves at this level. Another midfielder through the door restricts game time for Ramsey or Chukwuemeka.

We've done it before under MON, bought a load of players on high wages who then didn't even feature as first team players. I hope we've learnt a lesson from that, along with the Xia episode of buying players on a whim with no plan.

All being said... Bissouma, Anguissa or Wistel would be lovely.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Of course it would, but to discuss that, on a forum is blasphemous and you get labelled a moron 😉

do you really care....I don't.

if you get labelled anything like that, its sad.

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ve seen so many Villa youngsters down the years that we were convinced were going to be special and never did.

But we are doing things differently now. We are paying 1m for a lot of these youngsters. It is completely different to developing kids through from u7s and u9s etc

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Exactly. 

We have 3 key first team players who have been unable to play so far. 

I'll wait until our full strength team have played a few games together before I start claiming the season is over and Dean will be out of a job

5 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

2 things concern me...

• Our central midfield full of midgets.
  • Our back up keeper is not good enough. 

Until these issues are resolved we still have problems. 

stop sitting on the fence.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Exactly. 

We have 3 key first team players who have been unable to play so far. 

I'll wait until our full strength team have played a few games together before I start claiming the season is over and Dean will be out of a job

Again, quit with the hyperbole. People are just discussing our transfer activity and whether we’re stronger or weaker than last year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I don’t want us to sign a defensive midfielder.

There I said it. 

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

I think there is some serious under rating of Bailey and Buendia on this forum. 

Just now, Tommo_b said:

For me, definitely stronger.

Started on the sauce early tonight Tom?

🤪

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

We all want improvement, but I don't want to see us spunk £80m up the wall on our 18th and 23rd choice midfielders out of desperation. 

I don't want that either, part of me wants to keep our powder dry. another part wants to strengthen centre mid.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Again, quit with the hyperbole. People are just discussing our transfer activity and whether we’re stronger or weaker than last year. 

You literally said you think it will cost Dean Smith his job like 10 minutes ago.