Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Big summer for Villa and for Dean Smith, if we can maintain top 10 this year then that is massive progress but its the next step that in my opinion is the big one, can you break into that top 8 and start to challenge for a cup competition all in the same season. In terms of targets (Some ambitious I know but not ridiculous) I would be looking at players like.......

Sarr - Watford

Bissouma- Brighton

Lookman - Leipzig 

Ings - Southampton

Bailey - Leverkuson

Olise - Reading

Armstrong - Blackburn

Senesi - Feyenoord

Malen - Feyenoord

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cb_82 said:

Big summer for Villa and for Dean Smith, if we can maintain top 10 this year then that is massive progress but its the next step that in my opinion is the big one, can you break into that top 8 and start to challenge for a cup competition all in the same season. In terms of targets (Some ambitious I know but not ridiculous) I would be looking at players like.......

Sarr - Watford

Bissouma- Brighton

Lookman - Leipzig 

Ings - Southampton

Bailey - Leverkuson

Olise - Reading

Armstrong - Blackburn

Senesi - Feyenoord

Malen - Feyenoord

Erling Haaland or nothing....oh go on maybe Mbappe.

just kidding.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, cb_82 said:

Sarr - Watford

Bissouma- Brighton

Lookman - Leipzig 

Ings - Southampton

Bailey - Leverkuson

Olise - Reading

Armstrong - Blackburn

Senesi - Feyenoord

Malen - Feyenoord

Get Bill Gates to join the board and sign them all.

22 hours ago, Villa 59 said:

Adam Reach (Sheff Wed) could be a useful back up for Matt Targett at LB. Good defensively and going forward with a great shot on him!

isnt he a right winger?  played there whenever I seen him for Wednesday

• Like 1

We have seen in last 5 or 6 games we need another creative midfielder, the player we expected Barkley to be to take the pressure and reliance off Jack. I was against Barkley at the time as I didnt think he would be hungry enough so would prefer if we tried to unearth a gem instead of a tried and tested failure

If Brentford don't come up Josh Dasilva would be someone to consider, an attacking midfielder that scores and creates but also makes contributions all over the pitch, so you can play him as the AM without losing anything in midfield as oppossed to when you try playing a 'No.10' in that position. I think he would be a good replacement for Hourihane.

Edited by useless

3 hours ago, cb_82 said:

Sarr - Watford

Bissouma- Brighton

Lookman - Leipzig 

Ings - Southampton

Bailey - Leverkuson

Olise - Reading

Armstrong - Blackburn

Senesi - Feyenoord

Malen - Feyenoord

Yep like that list. Don't think there's anyone there massively unrealistic. Lookman already been at Everton and it hasn't worked out, Bailey I've mentioned before and had a very good season, 12 goals so far from out wide in Bundesliga and Europa league so should be calibre we're targeting by now, Ings as that clinical finisher upfront and then up and comers like Olise and Armstrong from championship which we like doing.

Not sure on Bissouma or Sarr but then a few top 6 clubs have looked at Sarr and not taken him and his fee will probably drop if Watford don't go up.

Sign Ings, Bailey/Lookman, Olise and we would be set for top 8 season next year imo if we keep everyone we want to.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yep like that list. Don't think there's anyone there massively unrealistic. Lookman already been at Everton and it hasn't worked out, Bailey I've mentioned before and had a very good season, 12 goals so far from out wide in Bundesliga and Europa league so should be calibre we're targeting by now, Ings as that clinical finisher upfront and then up and comers like Olise and Armstrong from championship which we like doing.

Not sure on Bissouma or Sarr but then a few top 6 clubs have looked at Sarr and not taken him and his fee will probably drop if Watford don't go up.

Sign Ings, Bailey/Lookman, Olise and we would be set for top 8 season next year imo if we keep everyone we want to.

I just think its going to be that type of summer where its quality over quantity, the PL and the money involved continues to be strong so I think maybe a good opportunity to be a little braver - Im sure Ings is out of contract next year too so could be a bit of a Darren Bent style signing where we take a big player from one of our rivals

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

isnt he a right winger?  played there whenever I seen him for Wednesday

No he plays either LB or LW....similar to Cash in terms of flexibility...but not as good as Cash. Much better option that Taylor though! He's 28 and wages wouldn't be a problem.

7 hours ago, cb_82 said:

Sarr - Watford

Bissouma- Brighton

Lookman - Leipzig 

Ings - Southampton

Bailey - Leverkuson

Olise - Reading

Armstrong - Blackburn

Senesi - Feyenoord

Malen - Feyenoord

I’ve been doing a little bit of thinking on what we need in the summer recently, I’ve done a few lists in this thread which have changed a bit over the months.

So I thought what do we need to improve the team and then the squad.

so for the team we need another scarey player in the forward line that seriously worries the opposition defensive players so keep them pinned back.

We also need the midfielders higher up the pitch so need a purchase someone there too.

in my mind we have a 6 Nakamba a 6/8 Luiz, 2 x 6/8/10 McGinn and Sanson and then Ramsey who knows at the moment.

So we have enough 8’s might need a 10 depending on formation and definitely need a class 6. For me that’s Koopmeiners

With regards to the 10 if we used Sanson/McGinn in that position when we play it it allows our shape to change a lot depending on how the game is going. Also bringing in a new wide forward allows us to move Grealish or Traore in the middle if we like into that 10.

The wide forward has to be guaranteed to be a top class performer for us to move up a notch this will take pressure off the team in multiple positions.

Thats all I would buy as guaranteed starters for next season.

after that I would use the money for the squad for genuinely competitive players for first team positions in this order...

left back

centre back 

forward

striker

right back

the first two are essential 

My ungreat thought but we've still got ten games left to play by the time we've played those people will have different views on what's needed, at the moment there's talk of a new DM, but was only a few games ago that most were convinced that Luiz was one of our best players and that we had a 'battle on our hands' to stop him going back to Manchester City, not so long back half on here were saying we should sign Barkley as well.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, useless said:

My ungreat thought but we've still got ten games left to play by the time we've played those people will have different views on what's needed, at the moment there's talk of a new DM, but was only a few games ago that most were convinced that Luiz was one of our best players and that we had a 'battle on our hands' to stop him going back to Manchester City, not so long back half on here were saying we should sign Barkley as well.

Well we often play with two 6’s and Luiz could play as an 8

It's in the papers tonight that Van Deer Beek wants to leave United, that should be something we look at, he's a class player and would no doubt be cheaper than the 35m they signed him for.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It's in the papers tonight that Van Deer Beek wants to leave United, that should be something we look at, he's a class player and would no doubt be cheaper than the 35m they signed him for.

Instead of Barkley? Why not.

40 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Touted this a few months ago, seems he is getting even less playing time there now, than he was then.

No doubt Man U will be splashing cash to push for the title next season as well.

They' d prob try to say Jack or bust though.

Plus other clubs would certainly be in.

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Touted this a few months ago, seems he is getting even less playing time there now, than he was then.

No doubt Man U will be splashing cash to push for the title next season as well.

They' d prob try to say Jack or bust though.

Plus other clubs would certainly be in.

The only reason he doesn't play is he has a certain Bruno in front of him, i'd actually fancy us to be in the running to pull it off.

• Like 1

You know I just realised a lot of the players I want as my first or second pick for transfers are Dutch!

Wijndal my second pick for left back

Koopmeiners my first pick for DCM

Malen my second pick for striker 

and of course I mentioned we should be interested in Van De Beek if he is available.... but random that there are so many good players potential available to purchase for US from such a prestigious National team.