General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Wolves away. 

Same with the Jesus one last week. Watkins wouldn't go down like Jesus did, he'd try and stay on his feet and it wouldn't even be a controversy. 

yeah that i agree with, watkins takes them kind of kicks bumps and knocks every game without a care in the world

46 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So Mudryk has just grabbed Guimaraes by the neck and shoved him and received a yellow card. Why is that different to what Kamara did who received a straight red? 

Just looked on twitter and there is a clear difference. Mudryk's assault was far more violent than Kamara's misdemeanour. Yellow for Kamara and red for Mudryk seems fairer.

15 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

The Dalot one infuriated me. He had every right to be annoyed at the decision (it was wrong) and the second one wasnt even directed at an official as far as I remember. Hope we dont get to the stage where we take all emotion out the game

Yeah, it's one of the worst pieces of officiating I've ever seen.

It's one thing to get a fairly straightforward decision wrong, but to book him twice for the same incident when one of them wasn't even directed at the ref is insane. But again, absolutely no accountability.

14 hours ago, Tayls said:

So Mudryk has just grabbed Guimaraes by the neck and shoved him and received a yellow card. Why is that different to what Kamara did who received a straight red? 

Kamara's was the face, to be fair

• Like 1

This ref's trauma seems heartbreaking and also, as a story, kind of weird to me. It seems a lot to ask of anyone to "forgive" at perpetrator of violence who could have killed him. That might take a lifetime. But more importantly, the story is a stark reminder of how vulnerable referees can be. I catch myself getting angry at referees, and getting fired up on social media, but since this happened, I don't know. It's made me think more deeply.

Referee Halil Umut Meler says he "won't forgive" MKE Ankaragucu president Faruk Koca after he was punched at the end of a match on 11 December.

Koca ran on to the field and attacked Meler after his team conceded a 97th-minute equaliser in a 1-1 Super Lig draw with Caykur Rizespor in Turkey.

Meler, who suffered injuries including a minor fracture, left hospital on Wednesday with a swollen eye.

"No, I did not forgive [Koca], I will not forgive," he told Turkish media.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Kamara's was the face, to be fair

I truly think Kamara just happened to be the button at hand in that moment when the referee was struggling to remove the fuel rods before a total meltdown. I thought Brentford's Yehor Yarmolyuk (33) was the worst on the pitch by far. He was a huge instigator and escalator. Didn't even get a yellow.

Thomas Frank afterwards says of the Ben Mee challenge: "To me that's not a red." That's such a cowardly, selfish, irresponsible comment. No one but Ben Mee's mother and few idiots would agree with that, but Frank wants the lockerroom to love him as his coaching for Brentford falters, so he throws out that flat-earth absurdity. I think that's the kind of self-interested comment from a leader that is dangerous for match officials. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I truly think Kamara just happened to be the button at hand in that moment when the referee was struggling to remove the fuel rods before a total meltdown. I thought Brentford's Yehor Yarmolyuk (33) was the worst on the pitch by far. He was a huge instigator and escalator. Didn't even get a yellow.

Thomas Frank afterwards says of the Ben Mee challenge: "To me that's not a red." That's such a cowardly, selfish, irresponsible comment. No one but Ben Mee's mother and few idiots would agree with that, but Frank wants the lockerroom to love him as his coaching for Brentford falters, so he throws out that flat-earth absurdity. I think that's the kind of self-interested comment from a leader that is dangerous for match officials. 

Contrast with Emery who said he'll speak to all three of our players that barely did anything compared with that douchebag, and remind them of their responsibilities. 

I love him so much. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

defender had clear possession, the ball even changed between the 2 of them. He ran out of the box under control and lost the ball. Absolute jokers. 

Yeah I think that was a misapplication of the rules. The "in/around the penalty area" is specifically for "forward movement stops", and not related to the team gaining "controlled possession" which they clearly did.  We might be getting a coveted PGMOL apology for that one. 

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah I think that was a misapplication of the rules. The "in/around the penalty area" is specifically for "forward movement stops", and not related to the team gaining "controlled possession" which they clearly did.  We might be getting a coveted PGMOL apology for that one. 

They even passed the ball between themselves. 

From their own website 

om what point does the VAR check incidents leading to a penalty or goal?

The VAR will only check the attacking possession phase that led to the penalty or goal. 

The starting point will be limited to the immediate phase. The VAR may not go back to when the attacking team gained possession. 

The VAR will consider the ability of the opposing defence to reset, and the momentum of the attack.  

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1293321

they objectively had time to reset, passed it between 2 players and under no pressure (until Watkins challenged) ran out of the box 

Criminally bad decisions tonight. 

The goal being disallowed is a total nonsense, they had regained possession and were going back on the attack. If that's not a new phase the concept is completely bunk.

No penalty being given for scooping the ball away with an arm. Absurd.

• Like 2

They really, really need to clear up what a 'phase' is. More ambiguous terminology. They had possession for a few touches and then tried a pass which failed. To me that's the end of the phase as soon as we win it back, maybe I just don't understand.

One of the clearest handballs you’ll ever see. Not just where on the arm it hit him but the fact he moved his arm towards the ball. Staggering, barely comprehensible decision, particularly in light of some of the ridiculous handballs we’ve seen given this season. 

• Like 2

Tell me the Premier League is not corrupt after watching that. Liverpool/United get 2 penalties and the goal would be given

Said it before an Italian Football scandal will be revealed in the future and I wont be surprised

Â