If Barry left, would you 'boo' him on his return ?

BOF

What would you do?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• I would boo him til my throat was sore
    • I would clap him, he will always have my respect
    • I would stay silent

CVByrne, did you boo Ron Saunders when he came onto the pitch at beginning of the season?

This has nothing to do with anything but...No, I've never booed anybody.

Ron did hios job, as Ridgwell has done this season :)

You lot make me sick. Leaving us now to go to Liverpool would be the most traitorous thing anyone has ever done to this club. I will boo him forever, even if he became a coach or a manager. I will never forgive such treachery.

perhaps your bitterness should be directed in another direction.

look without attacking Martin O'Neill or Randy lerner of which i have no wish to do so the sad fact at any football club is .....If you don't strenghten enough your team other clubs will come after your players.... its a predatory business.

attack is the best form of defence..... like acquisition of players is the best way to keep your existing ones.

Barry, if he stays for at least one more season - utter legend.

So if he stays one more season and then goes to Liverpool thats ok?

That sounds logical :)

No it wouldn't be OK, but at least he'd have had known whether we can continue our rate of progression and make the Champions League or not. If he gives it one more year, and we haven't made it, then O'Neill will have had three years and I couldn't argue with him going. He'll still be only 28, which is hardly old and could have 7 years at the very top left in him.

Pure abuse from me, im sorry but he would be a bigger judas than Yorke if he **** off to the pool, plain and simple.

Exactly, Yorke done much more for this club and was on a completely different level to Barry and he got dogs abuse so the same must apply i'm afraid, or else we'd be a bunch of hypocrites, no player is bigger than this club and when he returns i hope the fans make that clear to him.

Barry will be scum if he leaves for a direct Rival and competes to keep us out of the Champions League.

does that apply to every player we've ever signed from a rival too?

are they all scum?

I would clap him - even if he went to Liverpool etc... It killed me when Yorke went, but this seems different for some reason. You can never question Barry's commitment for us and he has done a lot over the 10 years.

We'll see what happens, but if he does go, I will clap!

How on earth is it "different"? :? , Yorke was a much better player and was with us for longer, yes the Everton performance wasn't good but neither was Gareth's Wigan performance, there's nothing "different" about this at all, at least Yorke went to a massive club who were contending the title, while Gareth looks like he's going to the 4th best club who we have ambitions of challenging.

Even the notion of booing barry seems preposterous, he has given 10 years loyal service to a club thats been fairly stagnant during this time. I dont believe he owes us anything yet hes given us much more than that already, I really dont know what we'll be booing him for if we were :-/

Not that I believe Liverpool would be the right choice of course, I would well recommend him against that it would be a stupid move, however I believe he is entitled to make his choice with blessing.

You lot make me sick. Leaving us now to go to Liverpool would be the most traitorous thing anyone has ever done to this club. I will boo him forever, even if he became a coach or a manager. I will never forgive such treachery.
One CVByrne, there's only onnnnnnne CVByyyyrne!

I happen to agree, I can't see how anybody who leaves us when we're on the up deserves anything more than our utter contempt, especially when their leaving would set us back massively as well as strengthening the only club we could probably realistically dislodge from the 4th Champions League spot.

And before anybody mentions the comparison to Mellberg, I see that as an entirely different case, as Ollie probably felt that he didn't have much of a future at Villa Park after losing his place in the centre of defence and having to play as emergency rightback all season.

Mellberg - legend.

Barry, if he stays for at least one more season - utter legend.

Barry, if he takes the filthy lucre at Liverpool - fat arsed, overrated Judas!

I don't understand.

He's a legend if he stays for one more year then goes to Liverpool anyway? Surely if he ever leaves for anyone else, ever, he's a traitor!? Or is it the exact length of time of 11 years that secures his status as legend, and anything he does after 11 years is irrelevant?

----------------

The amount of anger directed towards the man by some people is quite funny considering he hasn't said anything yet. Yes, he might leave, but he might stay, surely theres going to have to be a lot of backtracking if he does?

It will be also very amusing indeed to go to VP, hopfully when we're comfortably top of the league, and Liverpool (featuring G.Barry) arrive still battling for 4th with Arsenal. Barry would get a decent/good reception by more than 50% of the crowd, and the ones who would hold him as the anti-christ would be so angry I think some of them may explode with rage.

"NO! What are you all doing? He's evil, he left us! Arrrghh!"

I hope he stays so much, we'll do bloody well to replace him with a better player if he does go.

He won't go so kinda hard to vote in the poll but I'd go for clap him , he's always been a model professional in an era when there have been very few

Should he kiss his new teams badge whilst playing against us then he will get my contempt , but I couldn't see Barry doing that

I would clap him - even if he went to Liverpool etc... It killed me when Yorke went, but this seems different for some reason. You can never question Barry's commitment for us and he has done a lot over the 10 years.

How on earth is it "different"? :? , Yorke was a much better player and was with us for longer, yes the Everton performance wasn't good but neither was Gareth's Wigan performance, there's nothing "different" about this at all, at least Yorke went to a massive club who were contending the title, while Gareth looks like he's going to the 4th best club who we have ambitions of challenging.

It's different I'm afraid.

Better player thing is opinion, Yorkie was so so sooo good for us, it pissed me off so much when everyone suddenly proclaimed Fergie as having found this great player when he'd just watched him banging in hundreds of goals for villa. Barry is great as well.

Yorkie was with us for 9 years, and for the first 3 didnt really play, then he was a winger for a bit, then finally became a great striker for us. Gareth has been a pro with us for 10 years, and I'd say a fixture in the team for about 8 years. For about 5 of those years he's been excellent. Got into England team initially as a defender/midfielder, then was messed around a bit but always was very talented, since he's been in midfield barring DOL's first season he's been quality. He's played very nearly 400 games for us.

Gareth wasn't that bad against Wigan I'm afriad. People can pretend to see what they want but he wasn't, the day before was the huge break in the Echo (I think that was the paper) about the bid, so it was used against him by fans with short memories. The team was so bad that day, but some seemed to need something to attack Barry alone with, this game was just what they needed.

Yorkie would never have been that hated if he hadn't celebrated in front of the holte. So having him as a marker is a load of bollocks. He deserved the abuse he initally got after deciding to dance around in front of the fans who used to love him becuase he got a boos from some sections. Barry would not do that, if he did (or does), he'd deserve(s) everything he got and more.

I can't argue with going to Liverpool though. I fully agree, there's not that much point in going to a team who are not THAT far ahead of us; if you're gonna leave, go to united or chelsea.

It's different I'm afraid.

Better player thing is opinion, Yorkie was so so sooo good for us, it pissed me off so much when everyone suddenly proclaimed Fergie as having found this great player when he'd just watched him banging in hundreds of goals for villa. Barry is great as well.

Yorkie was with us for 9 years, and for the first 3 didnt really play, then he was a winger for a bit, then finally became a great striker for us. Gareth has been a pro with us for 10 years, and I'd say a fixture in the team for about 8 years. For about 5 of those years he's been excellent. Got into England team initially as a defender/midfielder, then was messed around a bit but always was very talented, since he's been in midfield barring DOL's first season he's been quality. He's played very nearly 400 games for us.

Gareth wasn't that bad against Wigan I'm afriad. People can pretend to see what they want but he wasn't, the day before was the huge break in the Echo (I think that was the paper) about the bid, so it was used against him by fans with short memories. The team was so bad that day, but some seemed to need something to attack Barry alone with, this game was just what they needed.

Yorkie would never have been that hated if he hadn't celebrated in front of the holte. So having him as a marker is a load of bollocks. He deserved the abuse he initally got after deciding to dance around in front of the fans who used to love him becuase he got a boos from some sections. Barry would not do that, if he did (or does), he'd deserve(s) everything he got and more.

I can't argue with going to Liverpool though. I fully agree, there's not that much point in going to a team who are not THAT far ahead of us; if you're gonna leave, go to united or chelsea.

I wondered how long it would take the chairman of the "Gareth is god" club to reply :crylaugh: , i'd go as far as say it's a FACT that Dwight was a much better player than Gareth, i don't give a stuff about "opinions" because yours is awashed with bias, Yorke was world class and Gareth certainly is not, it's that simple really, and excuse me but Yorke wasn't in the press days before a vital game claiming "he'd have to be selfish" about his career either, he kept his mouth shut until the very end, Gareth is meant to be the "heart beat" of the team but yet he couldn't get himself and his team mates up for a massive game at home against Wigan?, it was a shambles and it's been confirmed that the speculation got to him, so what's the difference between that and Yorke against Everton?, at least Yorke going through the motions was in the very first game of the season and not a game that could have got us into europe, and it seems to me people wanna give Gareth a pass for his performance against Wigan but refuse to give Dwight one for his performance against Everton, like he couldn't be effected by speculation too, it's prejudice behavior, and your also wrong about why Dwight was booed, he was booed as soon as he stepped on the pitch and that was before the badge kissing incident.

Yorke played badly in a single game becasue he no longer felt an attachment to the club and in order to force a move.

Barry had a bad game at a time when he was under pressure from large sections of the media.

Yorke played at a much lower level than his team mates in the game before his move.

Barry was by no means the only Villa player who underperformed against Wigan.

There are differences LTLOAV if you choose to see them.

For me, it was wrong to boo Yorke (at least until his badge kissing) and it would be equally wrong to boo Barry.

I think it's pretty well documented that you don't like Barry, you wanted him dropped before the speculation started, you've been desperate for him to leave since the first links came up, and you've never rated him as a player. The idea that others opinions are full of bias and therefore irrelevant is silly. It is other peoples opinions that frame our own, that's why I still bother replying to your posts even though I believe your mind is closed.

If you don't believe that Gareth Barry deserves our respect for the years he's spent here, well I think that's a shame and I feel sorry for you in that we have been lucky enough to have seen a player that has been the clubs best servant since Gordon Cowans stopped playing and you've never stopped to appreciate him.

You're fully entitled to that opinion though, just as I am entitled to mine and tomaszk his. Feel free to disagree, I'm sure you will. I look forward to seeing your choice of smiley and the name of the imaginary club you put me into.

don tthink i would boo him...give him a little clap when he came on the pitch and have done with it

he wouldnt become a villa legend till he retired and stopped playing football at premiership level if you ask me

Â