If Barry left, would you 'boo' him on his return ?

BOF

What would you do?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• I would boo him til my throat was sore
    • I would clap him, he will always have my respect
    • I would stay silent

You lot make me sick. Leaving us now to go to Liverpool would be the most traitorous thing anyone has ever done to this club. I will boo him forever, even if he became a coach or a manager. I will never forgive such treachery.

Luckily for me, due to your comments as of late, your opinion now means less to me than a baked potato's.

I don't even recognise your username so care little what you think. You're obviously one of the Villa Talk sheep.

I think I summed it up perfectly in my mail in the F365 mailbox this afternoon.

You may think you summed it up perfectly but I don't. A lot of the things you said were true, but end up with a statement like "Go to Liverpool now and your ten years count as nothing". Absurd

I think I summed it up perfectly in my mail in the F365 mailbox this afternoon.

You may think you summed it up perfectly but I don't. A lot of the things you said were true, but end up with a statement like "Go to Liverpool now and your ten years count as nothing". Absurd

Some comments are added for effect, use words correctly and people remember them. Obviously his 10 years are not for nothing but I would consider leaving us now for Liverpool a betrayal of this club, I would be angry about it. It would tarnish his time at VP if at the first opportunity he jumps ship to a rival.

CVB, there's a big difference between booing him and not clapping him. Booing a former player who gave a great service to this club is insulting, especially if they try to leave in the best way possible. He's not done a Yrokie and basically insulted the club on his way out, stamping his feet demanding a move. So he deserves respect upon his return. But to boo him, well.. I think you just doslike Liverpool and are annoyed that will be his likely destination.

Sorry kurt, he has engineered this move, he has made comments in a press conference saying he needs to be selfish this summer. Which is a come and get me plea. It looks like he'll join a direct rival, a club 2 places higher in the league, by joining them he weakens our team and strengthens theirs. Also I'm sure everything Martin promised him 2 years ago has been achieved, he's even an England regular. Martin O'Neill made him the player he is today. If he has any loyalty at all he would stay.

Your email was OK as a personal piece but putting something like "the hatred harboured against him by Villa fans will be unheard of. He will become probably the most hated ex-player ever." into it tries to make out other people feel as you do. That's clearly you trying to put your strongly held views onto more people. However, the result of this poll as a small cross section suggests you would be very much in the minority. In fact you'd be 1 in 6.

You're right Brian, I'm actually stunned by this poll, very surprised indeed. I thought 50%+ would boo him. I really thought people would be angry at Barry for what I consider a betrayal of the fans anf Manager.

That being said, I'd be quite sure that if he did leave for Liverpool I think you would hear loud boos upon his return to Villa park.

Also how do you feel on the situation?

Fact is the 'boo' sound is heard above every other so you are right even if only 1 in 6 @ VP booed him it would still be very audible. Have to say I was quite refreshingly surprised by this poll too.

You lot make me sick. Leaving us now to go to Liverpool would be the most traitorous thing anyone has ever done to this club. I will boo him forever, even if he became a coach or a manager. I will never forgive such treachery.

One CVByrne, there's only onnnnnnne CVByyyyrne!

I happen to agree, I can't see how anybody who leaves us when we're on the up deserves anything more than our utter contempt, especially when their leaving would set us back massively as well as strengthening the only club we could probably realistically dislodge from the 4th Champions League spot.

And before anybody mentions the comparison to Mellberg, I see that as an entirely different case, as Ollie probably felt that he didn't have much of a future at Villa Park after losing his place in the centre of defence and having to play as emergency rightback all season.

Mellberg - legend.

Barry, if he stays for at least one more season - utter legend.

Barry, if he takes the filthy lucre at Liverpool - fat arsed, overrated Judas!

True, the boo's will be heard loudest even though it may only be 1/6th of the ground. So you were expecting a larger amount of people would boo him too. I honestly though that the majority would boo him, really did. Stunned by this poll, I really am.

I may have very forceful and at times aggressive views on things particularly this situation. But I love this club and Brian as you know being from Dublin you have to defend against United and particularly Liverpool clearings in the woods talking crap all day long.

Sorry kurt, he has engineered this move

I think that is a point people are missing. We dont need to sell him so if he wants to leave he will have to go to MON and say i want to leave for Liverpool or words similar to that effect which would mean he is breaking his contract to engineer a move elsewhere.

Doing that and going to a team who we are aiming to overhaul and get ahead of in the league in the coming seasons would be a massive massive betrayal and he would deserve all the boos in the world.

I hope he stays and he is one of our best players so it is important we try and keep him but if he requests the move he will be betraying the manager who has got him to where he is now, to be the player he is currently and he would be betraying the very fans who championed his cause for an England place.

That's why, imo, he would deserve the boos and id anticipate the majority would boo because if he does leave it wont be all nice easy transfer where everyone gets what they want etc etc, it will get dirty and be a drawn out nasty affair.

I may have very forceful and at times aggressive views on things particularly this situation. But I love this club and Brian as you know being from Dublin you have to defend against United and particularly Liverpool clearings in the woods talking crap all day long.

Oh I am well aware. You wanna see the choice emails that have gone to and fro between myself and my 'plop mates since it began :)

Oh I am well aware. You wanna see the choice emails that have gone to and fro between myself and my 'plop mates since it began :)

Tell me about it. Sit beside two Liverpool fans in work and two of my best mates are pool fans too. 24/7 I tell ya, half of them don't even want Barry. I can't stand it.

Oh and kkr I agree 100%

Still it's nice to be able to tell them that it's because Alonso is sh1te and Rafa knows Villa have a miles better centre mid, and watch them squirm because they have to concede Shabby never became what they thought he would :lol: There are ways to turn it around :)

I do love listing the players Rafa has bought and then sold. He's got a spurs style scatter gun aproach to finding talent, sign anything that moves and some of it must be good. Than and Liverpool and United fans in Ireland are glory hunters, just depends which decade they grew up in.

I've watched Gareth Barry live from the first match he played for Villa and I've met him at Bodymoor Heath on a number of occasions when there was open access to the training ground. Watching him play for Villa over the last ten years has given me immense pleasure as not only is he talented but he always gives 100%. Gareth Barry is almost like part of the family after all these years and although I would be sad to see him leave I would have nothing but praise for all that he has done for Villa.

To here some of you preparing to hate and villify one of aston Villas' greatest players is frankly bloody annoying! I never had much time for "Boo Boys" anyway.

Â