If Barry left, would you 'boo' him on his return ?

BOF

What would you do?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• I would boo him til my throat was sore
    • I would clap him, he will always have my respect
    • I would stay silent

I'm just curious to gauge how you would treat him on his return to Villa Park in a Liverpool jersey after his 10 years of service to the club.

No. I don’t boo Southgate either which I think was a similar case as I also thought that was a genuine move for ambition and he respected our club. I think if Barry moves it is purely for footballing reasons, albeit ones I disagree with. I also think he will speak highly of us and will have given us a great ten years.

If he did anything Yorke did – ie start the season yet put in the worst performance ever seen, make a huge song and dance about refusing to continue to play for the club, kiss the badge at his new club in front of us or start to slag off our club in the media I would boo him. However I am confident if he leaves it will be with a heavy heart, a lot of praise for our club and all in all a very dignified exit. If this is the case I will actively clap him on his return

I would applaud the man, he is a gent and has behaved as a pro at this club for a decade. Whatever his reasons for leaving who am I to resent him for it after a career like that with us.

Thinking about how ignorant, and ultimately foolish the West Ham fans looked an Sunday when they booed NRC at every move, I think it would be pretty silly to boo him. Having a song ready, "You should have stayed with Villa!" as we put the winning goal past Liverpool, on the other hand, would be very good.

i'd boo - sorry! If it was anyone but Liverpool maybe it would be different, but they are the weakest of the so called four, and even beyond that, I just don't like them. Plus they are a state, if he has the ambition and talent then why not wait for one of the four that might win something.

Impossible to answer that. I booed Yorke when he returned, not because he left but because of his conduct, his attitude away at Everton and the badge kiss infront of the Holte. If he hadn't done that I would haven't have booed him so if Barry leaves the response he gets on his return will demand purely upon his conduct before and after going.

Â