If Barry left, would you 'boo' him on his return ?

BOF

What would you do?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• I would boo him til my throat was sore
    • I would clap him, he will always have my respect
    • I would stay silent

But why do only 18% agree with you and I flashingqerty? Beacuse people are happy to let our best players go without fighting for them. I would be happy to joing Liverpool if I knew I had the blessing of the fans of my current club. But if I thought they were upset at my betrayal I may not be so quick to jump ship.

Bottom line is my view is pointless, if I had Zidanes life I would spend most my life at Villa, and see out my contract at 28 or 29 and go to AC Milan and see out my career. It's different with Barry though.

But i've already stressed to you that the "difference" you put forth between Gareth and Dwight was futile in the extreme, and thus i render it bias speak from a Barry groupie, BOTH were effected by the speculation but that doesn't seem to register with you, and as i explained before Yorke left for a team challenging for the title while Gareth wants to join a team we are trying to catch, but yet Dwight's worser than Gareth?..hhmm yeah that makes sense "Mr director" :lol: .

Let me put it to you another way.

If I go to work today and there's a fire in the office and I have the afternoon off, am I a bad worker for having the afternoon off?

If I go to work today and start a fire in the office so that I can have the afternoon off, am I a bad worker for having the afternoon off?

Dwight started the fire, he wasn't affected by the speculation, he nurtured the speculation, his bad performance was a choice, a protest even, he didn't want to play and whilst everyone around him did their best he did nowt.

Barry has been affected by the fire, he's tried to play well, but been affected by outside influences and the press, he had a bad game in line with many of his colleagues as the whole team struggled against Wigan.

I see all sorts of differences, and if you can manage to sneak out from behind your protective labeling of others and open your eyes, you'll see them too.

But i've already stressed to you that the "difference" you put forth between Gareth and Dwight was futile in the extreme, and thus i render it bias speak from a Barry groupie, BOTH were effected by the speculation but that doesn't seem to register with you, and as i explained before Yorke left for a team challenging for the title while Gareth wants to join a team we are trying to catch, but yet Dwight's worser than Gareth?..hhmm yeah that makes sense "Mr director" :lol: .

Let me put it to you another way.

If I go to work today and there's a fire in the office and I have the afternoon off, am I a bad worker for having the afternoon off?

If I go to work today and start a fire in the office so that I can have the afternoon off, am I a bad worker for having the afternoon off?

Dwight started the fire, he wasn't affected by the speculation, he nurtured the speculation, his bad performance was a choice, a protest even, he didn't want to play and whilst everyone around him did their best he did nowt.

Barry has been affected by the fire, he's tried to play well, but been affected by outside influences and the press, he had a bad game in line with many of his colleagues as the whole team struggled against Wigan.

I see all sorts of differences, and if you can manage to sneak out from behind your protective labeling of others and open your eyes, you'll see them too.

Nice try but that was a crap analogy, at the end of the day if Dwight "didn't wanna play" he could have faked an injury or gone on strike, Dwight never started anything, Manure had been in for him the summer after we finished 4th and they were told to "get lost" and Dwight didn't kick up a fuss (Fergi confirmed that he had a bid rejected for him in a documentary about Dwight and Brian Lara) so in essence he stayed a few years knowing he could have gone to Manure, we then went backwards and he decided he wanted to play for a club challenging for the title, that's the bottom line, your acting as if he scored an own goal for Everton in order to get a move, at least we didn't lose that game, unlike the Wigan game, where Gareth's performance played a major part in us missing out on an automatic european place and now he wants out while we are on the rise, and again you completely fail to see the difference between going to title contenders (like Dwight) and going to our direct rivals (like Gareth intends to do), so in theory Gareth is effectively weakening our chances, but i guess the sun will always shine out of his backside as far as your concerned.

ps: i'm still waiting for those quotes where i profess my "dislike" for Gareth. :lol:

and now he wants out while we are on the rise...

has he actually said that?

I'd suggest that you retract that part, fella, as your evident dislike of the guy is clouding the facts.

I'd suggest that you retract that part, fella, as your evident dislike of the guy is clouding the facts.

I've got to look at myself and be selfish as to what I want to achieve in my career, Every player wants to play at the highest level. I want a chance to play in the Champions League.

You do the math, and furthermore don't confuse comparisons with Yorke and not crying my eyes out if/when he eventually leaves with "dislike", it's a frivolous exercise.

But why do only 18% agree with you and I flashingqerty? Beacuse people are happy to let our best players go without fighting for them.

Oh, are we? Thanks for letting me know.

LTLOAV, he's also said many times in that same interview he thinks he can get CL football here. We'll just have to see what happens.

I'm sure MON is doing his best to keep him and that's all there is to it. If he goes, Villa are far bigger than one man.

i can understand your point of view but this i dont agree with

Mellberg saw out his contract and left this club to go abroad and see out the end of his career at the age of 30. The fact he was not a guaranteed starter next season is also a factor. The man gave us his best years, thanked us and wanted to experience another league. Similar to a Legenday Man United Keeper in 99.

if barryw as to leave us id rather get 15m then him going on a free

I've got to look at myself and be selfish as to what I want to achieve in my career, Every player wants to play at the highest level. I want a chance to play in the Champions League.

You do the math, and furthermore don't confuse comparisons with Yorke and not crying my eyes out if/when he eventually leaves with "dislike", it's a frivolous exercise.

Hmmm. He has alos been quoted as saying that he can acheive his England ambitions whilst at Villa.

at no point in that quote of yours does GB say he wants to leave Villa - he just says he wants CL football. Could equate to the same thing, but not necessarily. I think your dislike of the guy is clouding your judgement somewhat.

I think we should wait to see what happens. If he goes, then feel free to have a go at him for doing so (although i wouldn't agree with you). If he stays, i think you in particular would have to give him some credit.

I am very, very surprised at the results so far. I have a great deal of respect for Barry and fervently hope that he stays. But if he goes to anyone our premier league competitors such as the red scouse I will be seriously pissed off. I will not boo him per se but likewise I will not applaud him under circumstances. If he goes he is no longer "one of us" but "one of them"..... and should be treated accordingly! :evil:

Iwouldn't applaud with every move he made, and he would be once of "them" during the game.

But prior to it and maybe after(depending on his behaviour during the game).

One of the main reasons i'd boo him is because of the things he's been saying in the past week, like 'Hopefully we will win the Inter-toto, we're all so happy to be back in Europe and we're looking forward to it'. If he leaves after he's been letting us believe that he's staying and coming out with this stuff then i'll boo him

I always try to be positive about things so I can see the therapeutic benefits of this thread! After all life's just not as much fun since we stopped burning warty old ladies as witches is it. I'll get the wood, CVB and LTLOAV you can grab Barry and we can have a good old bonfire. That will teach Gareth the danger of being too ambitious won't it! :winkold:

Oh and lets be reasonable when we use the word legend can we? Neither Barry nor Melberg deserve the tag. Paul McGrath was the last legend ever to pull on the shirt.

Regarding Barry I'll say again - this is his career. Why should he stay? He wants CL football and we can't provide that right now. Why is he a traitor? Get a grip people - he is changing his job. He owes us nothing - the club paid him money - he played football. Don't think that just because we get emotional about our club that he should too. This is not his team - this is his employer.

Hmmm. He has alos been quoted as saying that he can acheive his England ambitions whilst at Villa.

at no point in that quote of yours does GB say he wants to leave Villa - he just says he wants CL football. Could equate to the same thing, but not necessarily. I think your dislike of the guy is clouding your judgement somewhat.

I think we should wait to see what happens. If he goes, then feel free to have a go at him for doing so (although i wouldn't agree with you). If he stays, i think you in particular would have to give him some credit.

Oh come off it, that's as big a hint of a possible departure as you can get, why didn't he just say he wants to stay and put an end to the speculation?, because that's not his intentions that's why, and please try and comprehend the difference between "dislike" and comparing his situation with Yorke's, these accusations are getting tedious now, especially with the lack of any evidence at all.

Â