If Barry left, would you 'boo' him on his return ?

BOF

What would you do?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• I would boo him til my throat was sore
    • I would clap him, he will always have my respect
    • I would stay silent

I'd boo him till I puked up. Players left in the past because of the club's lack of ambition. There's seemingly not that issue now. If he was going to Man Ure, Chelsea, Arsenal, I might be able to understand it but Liverplop are the least secure of the "Big Four" and not even Stevie "where's my forehead" G plays week in week out. Not ideal if you're looking to nail an England place in the one position where you've got some competition...

I'd be disapointed if he went without a doubt. Even without my claret and blue tinted glasses I honestly think the best thing for him and his career is to stay put and be an all time hero. However, if he does decide to take the easy route, I'll always remember the loyalty he showed us during the clubs darker days.

I wouldn't boo him, but at this time I don't think I could bring myself to applaud him either.

I wouldn't blame him for leaving but he'd still be leaving us when we need him so it's be hard for me to applaud him.

For me it all depends on how a player leaves. If he slags us off on the way out then I'd find it very difficult to have any respect for him irrespective of what he may have done for us in the past. Certainly there have been players who may have only been at Villa for a few years and not exactly achieved anything who I have applauded - only before the match, though :D But boo him? No, not as things stand.

I'd stay silent, I don't boo Villa players ever, and I don't boo opposition players unless they actually commit some bad misdemeanour in the match itself.

But I will say this: if Barry leaves, I hope his career crashes and burns in spectacular fashion.

It's his decision really if he stays or goes. Our club does not depend on one player. He will have me utmost respect for the 10 years. He's never said one bad word about the fans or the club what I can remember. Legend in my eyes.

Ps. I would welcome him with a warm applause.

I'll boo him if he moves to Liverpool, clap him if he moves to Chelski or Arsenal.

If he isn't going to be winning league titles, he should be bloody staying here. If he has a genuine shot at a league title, I suppose I can sympathise enough not to boo him.

I'd boo him till I puked up. Players left in the past because of the club's lack of ambition. There's seemingly not that issue now. If he was going to Man Ure, Chelsea, Arsenal, I might be able to understand it but Liverplop are the least secure of the "Big Four" and not even Stevie "where's my forehead" G plays week in week out. Not ideal if you're looking to nail an England place in the one position where you've got some competition...

I notice loads of people suggest Liverpool are far weaker than Arsenal and say it’s a big 3. Don’t see it myself.

Liverpool actually lost less games than Man United this season, there fault was throwing so many points away drawing games at home. Since 2005 they have been to 2 European Cup Finals of which they won one, a League Cup Final and an FA Cup final they won. They’ve been in the Champions League every season and before this year had finished above Arsenal for the past two seasons. When you add onto that their history, past successes and expectation I think we underestimate what a draw they could be for an ambitious player.

I’ve said a million times I’m not sure it’s the right move for him, just I can understand it if he goes

Ridge was different. Even accounting for who he joined, he was no longer a threat - and proved a masterstroke ;)

I notice loads of people suggest Liverpool are far weaker than Arsenal and say it’s a big 3. Don’t see it myself.

Liverpool actually lost less games than Man United this season, there fault was throwing so many points away drawing games at home. Since 2005 they have been to 2 European Cup Finals of which they won one, a League Cup Final and an FA Cup final they won. They’ve been in the Champions League every season and before this year had finished above Arsenal for the past two seasons. When you add onto that their history, past successes and expectation I think we underestimate what a draw they could be for an ambitious player.

I’ve said a million times I’m not sure it’s the right move for him, just I can understand it if he goes

I'd clap him, but be a tad miffed if he scored against us!! I think AVFC1874's points are interesting and even though Wenger always seems to pull a rabbit out of the hat in terms of a class player, I think a little more consistency from us could put pressure on both Liverpool and Arsenal. Saying that though, if Fat Waiter does have cash and spunks it well, (debatable if he can), they could be a force to be reckoned with.

Impossible to answer that. I booed Yorke when he returned, not because he left but because of his conduct, his attitude away at Everton and the badge kiss infront of the Holte. If he hadn't done that I would haven't have booed him so if Barry leaves the response he gets on his return will demand purely upon his conduct before and after going.

Thats spot on there trent,oh and his reaction if he scores against us. :cry:

Thinking about how ignorant, and ultimately foolish the West Ham fans looked an Sunday when they booed NRC at every move, I think it would be pretty silly to boo him. Having a song ready, "You should have stayed with Villa!" as we put the winning goal past Liverpool, on the other hand, would be very good.

You were telling him to **** off and good riddance a few weeks ago, whats suddenly changed your mind?

All depends on how bitter I am feeling at the time. Booing? I wouldn't put it past me but I doubt I'd bother until we were losing then I'd probably boo his every touch and cheer every one of ours. Anything to help us get a result.

Funny how people would boo barry, yet cheer mellberg.

Barry been at this club pretty much all his footballing career.He give everything. He is at the peak of his career and is within his rights to go somewhere that he believes would give him more success.

Exactly the same as Mellberg, only people will cheer for mellberg like he is a god when he return.

FICKLE

Funny how people would boo barry, yet cheer mellberg.

Barry been at this club pretty much all his footballing career.He give everything. He is at the peak of his career and is within his rights to go somewhere that he believes would give him more success.

Exactly the same as Mellberg, only people will cheer for mellberg like he is a god when he return.

FICKLE

Please leave discussion in the discussion thread. The key differences between both scenarios have been discussed long and hard in that thread.

Living in Norway i'ts highly unlikely I would be on the match. However, if he wen't to Liverpool at this point I would have a really hard time forgiving him. In fact, I think I never will. He's had 10 years in the club, and when the club finally get ambition, and things are improving in record speed on the pitch, he plays great for one half of the season and goes right of to the club who finished nothing more than 2 positions above us. Also, I think he would have a hard time competing with Mascherano, wich in all fairness is a better player. It wouldn't further his England career either. I just wouldn't understand him. And probably never forgive him.

Â