Weekends Football 16/17 January

andykeenan

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It was a good finish. Kid is raw but does have decent movement and gets into positions.

Shouldn't be starting though and suprised Wolves haven't got anyone in yet, 1 win in 8 games and counting since Jimenez injury although surely they'll win this now.

His movement is brilliant for somebody so young, you can tell its natural for him. He shouldn't be staeting every game but thats on Wolves not him 

I must say, I thought Sam would have them looking better than they are and picking up the odd points here and there. They look dead and buried. It would take something very special to turn them around now.

Just now, Genie said:

I must say, I thought Sam would have them looking better than they are and picking up the odd points here and there. They look dead and buried. It would take something very special to turn them around now.

Think thats on Big Sam as well, he doesn't seem to have the fire. Usually he comes in with his big mouth saying he should have got so and so job, this time he hasnt been as vocal

14 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Albion are just tragic aren’t they.

They are, but just adding Snodgrass has made them look wayyy better If they can get a few more similar signings maybe they could turn it around. A week ago, having watched every Allardyce game, I'd have happily bet they wouldn't score 2 goals against anyone else all season.

Wolves look really poor. They've been playing badly for a while. 

After 4 years of ridiculously good transfer activity they've lost a couple of key players and look knocked for 6.

3 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

There's all the talk of Wolves missing Jimenez but their defence has been dreadful in comparison to their first two seasons. 

Nuno has shown he can't find a balance for their team. They were extremely solid with 3 CBs, but played awful football. With 4 at the back they are marginally better going forwards and absolutely dreadful at the back. The club really haven't helped with the signings they've made either.

The question is whether Nuno's agent - a man who makes far more money from his relationship with Wolves/Fosun - will be able to do his job and fight for his client to stay as manager. I doubt it.

Â