Weekends Football 16/17 January

andykeenan

Just now, penguin said:

Saw Leeds fans preseason describing Brighton as the calibre of sides “they’ll be destroying”. 

Going well so far.

well they did say Ben White should leave them to join a superior club ;) 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

People writing WBA off under Fat Sam have done so prematurely 

To be honest today’s win seemed to paper over the cracks a little bit for me. Being awarded two pretty soft penalties (although I do think both were probably the right call) has got them a win in a game that they were very much second best in.

A strength of Allardyce is getting teams defensively organised. They had 23 shots against and two goals conceded again today. I just don’t see them staying up. I see more from pretty much every other team in the division to suggest that they’ll pick up more points than Albion over the rest of the season.

Brighton running riot against Leeds currently. Should definitely be 2 nil up and probably 3 or 4 really. Commentator just said "space all over the shop for Brighton" 

However I doubt Bielsa will do anything about it because it's complete genius. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Brighton running riot against Leeds currently. Should definitely be 2 nil up and probably 3 or 4 really. Commentator just said "space all over the shop for Brighton" 

Maybe the Spring fatigue is setting in a bit earlier than usual? 

I’m glad I can say that on a Villa platform because apparently saying it on Twitter in a Leeds fans eyes warrants rape threats. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Maybe the Spring fatigue is setting in a bit earlier than usual? 

I’m glad I can say that on a Villa platform because apparently saying it on Twitter in a Leeds fans eyes warrants rape threats. 

Don't worry, you won't have to wait long to be told exactly how and why you're wrong and Leeds are the best.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

m8, the mighty lord Bielsa, bringer of points, custodian of all tactics, overseer of beautiful football, master of the managers, father of all losses that are actually like wins, protector of the true light of Pep, is just lulling them in to a false sense of security before they score 23 goals, concede 27, and hail it as an open and beautiful style of football, equalled by none, the man, the myth, the legend, in his own lunchtime.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 3

18-20th in almost all defensive metrics.

Very entertaining to watch as a neutral but must be bad for the blood pressure for Leeds fans. Surely there is a middle ground between this swashbuckling all out attack, leaving gaps all over the place, and some kind of defensive solidity. 

Their performance against us has been their most measured, by a distance, than the rest of the games I’ve watched of them.

16 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Is it me or does the Leeds pitch look absolutely shite? 

Hasn't been laid since 2013 its an absolute swamp.

Was meant to happen in the summer but wasn't enough time with covid 

• Thanks 1

Hearing that the dogheads have lost to ollbeeyun (and sha winning) reminds me of that old saying, seeing your dragon of a mother in law drive off a cliff in your new sports car 🥴

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

Hasn't been laid since 2013 its an absolute swamp.

Was meant to happen in the summer but wasn't enough time with covid 

Bloody hell. How often do elite sides usually relay the pitch then, any idea? 

Considering the quick paced game you play on a good day it seems mad that your pitch could slow all that down 

Â