Weekends Football 16/17 January

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Hearing that the dogheads have lost to ollbeeyun (and sha winning) reminds me of that old saying, seeing your dragon of a mother in law drive off a cliff in your new sports car 🥴

I’m confident we’ll finish comfortably above Baggies and Wolves and our final Premier League position will be higher than what Blues achieve in the Championship, so honestly couldn’t care. 

Also, comparing your Mother in Law to a Small Heath fan, even by my standards that’s well below the belt! Hang your head in shame, sir!

troll lol GIF

Edited by SuperTed
Spelling
  • Haha 1

4 points above Wolves with 4 games in hand. And they thought they were pushing on and cracking the CL.

Bad news, dingles, normal order is restored. Relegation scrap for them next season if Nuno goes, I reckon.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Bloody hell. How often do elite sides usually relay the pitch then, any idea? 

Considering the quick paced game you play on a good day it seems mad that your pitch could slow all that down 

Every 5 years or so, but some kind of half arsed job was done by Cellino (previous dodgy owner) and I think we hoped it would hold up.

We play crap at home because we can't string a pass together and spend all game falling over.

Plus, Struijk is not a DM. He has no idea what he's doing.

2 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Every 5 years or so, but some kind of half arsed job was done by Cellino (previous dodgy owner) and I think we hoped it would hold up.

We play crap at home because we can't string a pass together and spend all game falling over.

Plus, Struijk is not a DM. He has no idea what he's doing.

Wonder when you’ll have the pre season to be able to actually do it then. Maybe ground share with Bradford for a bit 😉

Yeah you’re missing Phillips. You expecting another burnout this year Rino? 

15 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Wonder when you’ll have the pre season to be able to actually do it then. Maybe ground share with Bradford for a bit 😉

There's plenty of time this summer unless they move the Euros to Leeds. There was time last year too so sounds like a bit of an excuse from senior management.

Makes me laugh managers giving detailed instructions to players on the touchline before they go on. 

To a man they are always staring at the game, clearly ignoring whatever they're being told with body language just saying "let me out there" 

Mind you it's better than their eyes glazing over whilst a coach flips over pages on a flip chart. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Brighton running riot against Leeds currently. Should definitely be 2 nil up and probably 3 or 4 really. Commentator just said "space all over the shop for Brighton" 

However I doubt Bielsa will do anything about it because it's complete genius. 

Did he forget his magic bucket or something?

It's quite amusing reading some opinions on Rodrigo posted in the summer.

Sorry to single one out OLDVILLAIN, but this is my favourite post due to it being massively pessimistic and having being proved spectacularly wrong.

On 26/08/2020 at 15:31, OLDVILLAIN said:

As much as i hate to say it a "bigger name manager" that big players will want to play for for one.

Bielsa at leeds for example,i hate leeds but he has the drawing power,i mean bringing in rodrigo from sevilla is a huge statement of intent from them..its what we should have been doing.

We could maybe change to postcode of villa park to a london one! but seriously we really need to make our club more attractive to "better" players.

People saying ah well other clubs have not signed anyone yet...we are not other clubs..we barely and i mean barely stayed up last season and if we dont find the right players this season we are definitely going down and we will stay down as well.

Whilst edens and sawaris saved the club and have HUGE aspirations for villa i for one just dont see them putting their money where their aspirations lay do  you to date?

with regard to Chelsea, they have 120m quids worth of recently bought talent on the bench regularly (inc. today), in Havertz & Werner, what were they doing in the summer??, they need to let those huys get some games and settle quickly or that will be seen as a colossal failure imo (for this season).

Yeah they might be top notch next season, but for Lampard to not play 120m worth of newly signed players just boggles the mind.....

33 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

My favourite Chelsea rumour this week is that Abramovich wants to bring Avram Grant in to help Lampard. If they lose to Fulham today it might sound a little less mad.

Not so sure thats even that mad?, Avram Grant had a 67% win percentage for Chelsea, 5th on their all time win percentage list (fyi Mourinho 4th in that list with 67% also)

For info, Lampard is currently 16th or something in that list with 52%, behind Grant, Sarri, Conte, Ancelotti..............Di Matteo.......etc

All after spending 225m in the summer and currently sitting in 10th.........yikes.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Not so sure thats even that mad?, Avram Grant had a 67% win percentage for Chelsea, 5th on their all time win percentage list (fyi Mourinho 4th in that list with 67% also)

For info, Lampard is currently 16th or something in that list with 52%, behind Grant, Sarri, Conte, Ancelotti..............Di Matteo.......etc

All after spending 225m in the summer and currently sitting in 10th.........yikes.

It's the CV before and since his spell at Chelsea that would bother me!

Â