Weekends Football 16/17 January

andykeenan

6 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Apparently it's a bit of an elephant in the room that he's been nowhere near as good since they moved to a back four and Nuno up until now has avoided the awkward situation of dropping his captain.

I think they just need to switch back to 3 at the back and work from there.

Wolves were absolutely lacklustre in the last 20 mins.  Soft pens for Albion though.

I thought Semedo being denied a foul because he was brought down after the ball was out of reach to be a bit strange, given that was the same scenario as the Robinson penalty.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I must say, I thought Sam would have them looking better than they are and picking up the odd points here and there. They look dead and buried. It would take something very special to turn them around now.

As I wrote that I knew it was risky being HT :lol: 

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

People writing WBA off under Fat Sam have done so prematurely 

They have been atrocious before today though. Bartley played well in his first start. Robinson starting helped as he works his arse off. Snodgrass was a good buy and has work ethic, quality and is a leader on the pitch. If they (competently) replace Sawyers and Livermore I think they improve drastically as a team from where they were a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Well they have lost their home games by combined score of 12-0 so far.

No chance of staying up unless they win 5-6 of what's left at home.

They have to be in touching distance of them when they play Brighton and Newcastle at the end of feb

Same with us last season, it's not "must win 6 games" or "must get 35 points" it's just don't lose sight of those that are also playing shit 

Got Fulham and Sheffield in a few weeks too

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They have to be in touching distance of them when they play Brighton and Newcastle at the end of feb

Same with us last season, it's not "must win 6 games" or "must get 35 points" it's just don't lose sight of those that are also playing shit 

Got Fulham and Sheffield in a few weeks too

Shows the difference in points as pretty sure we have about 21 points at this stage of last season yet were pretty much in bottom 3.

They still need another 7 wins to be o.k I reckon given we stayed up on 9 wins last season so big ask. Got Manchester clubs and Spurs in their next 6 so they could easily be adrift again by start of March.

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

They have been atrocious before today though. Bartley played well in his first start. Robinson starting helped as he works his arse off. Snodgrass was a good buy and has work ethic, quality and is a leader on the pitch. If they (competently) replace Sawyers and Livermore I think they improve drastically as a team from where they were a few weeks ago.

Doesn’t matter. People should have seen enough of what Sam can do with sides to know he will improve them.

People have written them off based on his first few games without any thought about his past performances. 

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Well they have lost their home games by combined score of 12-0 so far.

No chance of staying up unless they win 5-6 of what's left at home.

If Brighton lose today they are 3 points behind them with a game in hand.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

If Brighton lose today they are 3 points behind them with a game in hand.

Yes Brighton are an incredibly overrated team so they'll be down there all season.

I meant Fulham will also continue to move up the table given they're a point ahead of West Brom with a game less and they've been outstanding v Spurs and Liverpool in recent weeks so it's not just Brighton to catch for WBA but Fulham aswell.

Got the feeling Brighton will win today as Leeds got Casilla in goal again.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yes Brighton are an incredibly overrated team so they'll be down there all season.

I meant Fulham will also continue to move up the table given they're a point ahead of West Brom with a game less and they've been outstanding v Spurs and Liverpool in recent weeks so it's not just Brighton to catch for WBA but Fulham aswell.

Got the feeling Brighton will win today as Leeds got Casilla in goal again.

Fair point re Fulham.

Im not saying WBA will stay up just that talk of them being down already on the back of a couple of heavy defeats is premature as today has shown. I think Brighton will go personally.

Â