Diet and Weightloss

Seat68

6 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I've fell off the wagon this morning and ordered myself a Greggs breakfast, I took @Demitri_C's advice and went on a keto diet, I haven't broke it once in 17 days (aside from my Friday night curry but I've even swapped out the rice and naan so even that isn't too bad)

Since really starting to watch what I'm eating on the 15th (17days ago) I've dropped 16lbs, I initially lost an absolute shed load in just the first few days but that (I'm guessing) was all water weight and its slowed down to a more sensible level now.

Anyway's I reckon that I'm more than due at least one little cheat meal for breakfast, I'll be back on it after my breakfast.

Congratulations mate thats brilliant lee 👏

When you do clean keto if you do it properly along with intermittent fasting you will lose a tonne of weight. It gives you more energy and you generally feel good because of the ketones your body runs on which is better than sugar/glucose.

My advice as tempting as it is to have cheat meal dont! Stay strong and do it for 4-6 weeks.

Im currently on it and plan to do it until xmad eve before coming off. That way if i put a few pounds over xmas it wont do too much damage. One bad meal can cause a few days of damage fod all the hard work you done. But it all depends how much you want to lose?

On 19/10/2023 at 16:31, Rugeley Villa said:

Lost 7Ibs in 4 days from not eating chocolate 

I understand that that will be mostly fluid.

A pound of body fat contains around 3k calories, that is why diets are so arduous - so much sacrifice for so little weight-loss.

I would say that if you have a target weight, you should allow yourself around 12-15 calories per pound of that target, and avoid the starve and binge cycle.

As Les Crane told us back in the day, "Be gentle with yourself!".

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Congratulations mate thats brilliant lee 👏

When you do clean keto if you do it properly along with intermittent fasting you will lose a tonne of weight. It gives you more energy and you generally feel good because of the ketones your body runs on which is better than sugar/glucose.

My advice as tempting as it is to have cheat meal dont! Stay strong and do it for 4-6 weeks.

Im currently on it and plan to do it until xmad eve before coming off. That way if i put a few pounds over xmas it wont do too much damage. One bad meal can cause a few days of damage fod all the hard work you done. But it all depends how much you want to lose?

I don't mind a few days of damage to be honest, 16lbs is pretty massive in the space of time I've been doing it and I haven't so much as had a slice of bread lol 

I reckon I've earnt that little breakfast treat, I'll be back in the gym tonight if I can and just get straight back on the hoss.

I'm going round to see a mate on Saturday as well so it'll probably be nigh on impossible for me to stick to it then, but again, I'm not in any rush, I reckon one cheat meal every 3 weeks is pretty acceptable and Saturday is just one of them things I can't get out of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

I don't mind a few days of damage to be honest, 16lbs is pretty massive in the space of time I've been doing it and I haven't so much as had a slice of bread lol 

I reckon I've earnt that little breakfast treat, I'll be back in the gym tonight if I can and just get straight back on the hoss.

I'm going round to see a mate on Saturday as well so it'll probably be nigh on impossible for me to stick to it then, but again, I'm not in any rush, I reckon one cheat meal every 3 weeks is pretty acceptable and Saturday is just one of them things I can't get out of.

Well done mate, that's excellent progress. I'm combining keto with running three to four times a week at the moment, and have my first 10K next week, a night race at Rutland Water. I find I have so much more energy on keto, knocked out a 24 minute 5K on Monday night which is my best ever. Want to lose another half a stone before Christmas if possible, as I expect the odd mince pie may make it past my lips.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Risso said:

Well done mate, that's excellent progress. I'm combining keto with running three to four times a week at the moment, and have my first 10K next week, a night race at Rutland Water. I find I have so much more energy on keto, knocked out a 24 minute 5K on Monday night which is my best ever. Want to lose another half a stone before Christmas if possible, as I expect the odd mince pie may make it past my lips.

Thats brilliant 👏 

I always notice when i dont have sugar i feel so much more energised when on keto. When i start slipping back to sugar i never feel as good.

I know the answer dont eat sugar but i do have a sweet tooth and like something sweet. I dont really like the keto desserts as they are abit hard and dry. My mum though makes some unbelievable keto desserts

Her ferro roches are unreal 

Keep it up and you will lose that weight in no time!

7 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

A pound of body fat contains around 3k calories, that is why diets are so arduous - so much sacrifice for so little weight-loss.

I would say that if you have a target weight, you should allow yourself around 12-15 calories per pound of that target, and avoid the starve and binge cycle.

This is why I regularly respond to people excitedly saying their big/quick losses that it will likely slow down and that it's normal. 

I've known loads of people who get super excited on the instant success than completely deflate and quit when it naturally slows.

It's one of the main issues with keto. Water is held by carbs, so by cutting carbs you naturally drop even more water weight. The initial response looks amazing but it isn't real. 

When you stop dieting or reintroduce carbs you'll add all the water weight back on again. Especially if you then go back to normal eating.

Which is why a proper maintenance phase post diet is crucial to limit the bounce back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

This is why I regularly respond to people excitedly saying their big/quick losses that it will likely slow down and that it's normal. 

I've known loads of people who get super excited on the instant success than completely deflate and quit when it naturally slows.

It's one of the main issues with keto. Water is held by carbs, so by cutting carbs you naturally drop even more water weight. The initial response looks amazing but it isn't real. 

When you stop dieting or reintroduce carbs you'll add all the water weight back on again. Especially if you then go back to normal eating.

Which is why a proper maintenance phase post diet is crucial to limit the bounce back.

I cant speak for others but i can come off keto and have a normal amount of sugar etc and i dont put on stupids amount like i use to. At worst wi be a couple pounds but then regulates itself after a few days aftee doing some walks or exercise.

If you come off keto and just go on fall implosion mode of course your going to put on weight but that will be with any diet not just keto. Ive found with keto you can can come off for a while but as long as you eat reasonably and still have a few bad things your wright wont go crazy.

The worst for putting weight back on quickly are these shake diets. As soon as you go back to food your weight **** explodes again

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Yeah probably mate which coincides with the quick weight loss . 14 stone is probably my ideal weight but it wasn’t the weight so much that was bothering me it was the ridiculous consumption of chocolate . I only allow myself one big bar on a Saturday now and in all honesty my craving and pretty much gone which was probably the sugar craving more so than anything .

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats brilliant 👏 

I always notice when i dont have sugar i feel so much more energised when on keto. When i start slipping back to sugar i never feel as good.

I know the answer dont eat sugar but i do have a sweet tooth and like something sweet. I dont really like the keto desserts as they are abit hard and dry. My mum though makes some unbelievable keto desserts

Her ferro roches are unreal 

Keep it up and you will lose that weight in no time!

Do you not have sugar in coffee? What do you replace for bread and what would you take for lunch out at work. Might try this, don't really need to loose weight, although a couple of kilo wouldn't hurt, as I'm just over my standard, but would like to get a bit more energised and less lethargic. Also is it just water in the day?

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah probably mate which coincides with the quick weight loss . 14 stone is probably my ideal weight but it wasn’t the weight so much that was bothering me it was the ridiculous consumption of chocolate . I only allow myself one big bar on a Saturday now and in all honesty my craving and pretty much gone which was probably the sugar craving more so than anything .

Eating that much sugar can lead to insulin resistance, which can lead to type 2 diabetes.

If your target weight is 14 stone (89kg) you can eat an average of 2700 calories a day, which doesn't amount to masochism.

People trying to live on a 1000 calories a day, are certain to fail in the long run.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What height are you? 14 stone isn't really anybody's ideal weight.

15 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Eating that much sugar can lead to insulin resistance, which can lead to type 2 diabetes.

If your target weight is 14 stone (89kg) you can eat an average of 2700 calories a day, which doesn't amount to masochism.

People trying to live on a 1000 calories a day, are certain to fail in the long run.

I thought the sugar and diabetes link was down to putting weight on from the sugar intake which increases risk of diabetes and cancer. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

5’11  

14 stone imo is a decent weight for me. I do an active job and work out plus eat quite healthily I think.

Ok. If you are happy and feeling healthy that's what matters.

One of my favourite YouTube fitness channels has released a video on Keto today, which seemed.good timing based off this chat:

Very knowledgeable guy and doesn't have a lot of the BS you get with other influencers (does push his app/training programs but not too much). Can be quite funny too. 

He covers why keto is good for weight loss, some of the issues people face and how you can exit it without undoing all the good work.

I'd recommend giving it a watch (plus any of his other videos which catch your eye).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I thought the sugar and diabetes link was down to putting weight on from the sugar intake which increases risk of diabetes and cancer. 

I think it is being over-weight which causes type 2 diabetes, not the other way round.

Something like one in ten men in the UK suffer from diabetes, which adds up to almost 4 million people in the UK who are diabetic.

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Do you not have sugar in coffee? What do you replace for bread and what would you take for lunch out at work. Might try this, don't really need to loose weight, although a couple of kilo wouldn't hurt, as I'm just over my standard, but would like to get a bit more energised and less lethargic. Also is it just water in the day?

I dont drink coffee tbh. I just stick ti water. I drink water and my electrolyte powder until 12 then i just go to lunch.  I domt bother with breakfast as its all shit really (cereals bread etc not my kind of thing)

Yeah basically keto is no carbs (so no bread pasta spagetti rice potatoes) also no sauces.

However the key is eat FAT. So for example fatty meat like steak, burgers (without bun but u can have cheelse) boneless chicken thighs etc.  Have it with vegetables  or salad (ensuring some healthy fats like avocado or olive oil for example)

Also big key thing is dont eat late. Make sure your last thing you eat is 8pm latest

• Like 1

Â