Formula One - 2021

BOF

One of my good friends went to school with Lewis Hamilton (and Ashley Young FWIW).  I remember him telling me ages back that Ashley Young was a top guy, really nice but that Lewis Hamilton is an absolute clearing in the woods.

That has forever clouded my view on Hamilton and shit like this just validates it B)

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

One of my good friends went to school with Lewis Hamilton (and Ashley Young FWIW).  I remember him telling me ages back that Ashley Young was a top guy, really nice but that Lewis Hamilton is an absolute clearing in the woods.

That has forever clouded my view on Hamilton and shit like this just validates it B)

I have held the opinion for a long time that nobody in F1 likes Lewis. Not the drivers, not the teams, not the broadcasters.

They clearly have enormous respect for his driving skill but universally dislike him as a person.

13 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Max can go **** himself.

Agreed,  started pole,  made about 3 mistakes by the time they got to the corner in question.

If he started properly and didn't have the small loss of grip and wiggle on the right hander then he is in front and the wheels can't touch.  Even 30-40 cm's would have done it.

I have no sympathy for him at all and it was a "That's racing" type incident.

Lewis is a better driver and Max knows it,  that's the big problem here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I have held the opinion for a long time that nobody in F1 likes Lewis. Not the drivers, not the teams, not the broadcasters.

They clearly have enormous respect for his driving skill but universally dislike him as a person.

Yeah I get the same impression.

I like Lewis as a sportsman, I think he's one of, if not THE, greatest F1 driver ever. But I just don't like him.

I've siad before F1 do loads of great social media content of stuff behind the scenes with the drivers. games and banter etc and lewis is hardly ever involved. Maybe he's just more introverted than we expect but he just doesn't seem to be "one of the guys"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I like Lewis as a sportsman, I think he's one of, if not THE, greatest F1 driver ever. But I just don't like him.

I've siad before F1 do loads of great social media content of stuff behind the scenes with the drivers. games and banter etc and lewis is hardly ever involved. Maybe he's just more introverted than we expect but he just doesn't seem to be "one of the guys"

Whenever he does stuff on his own social media channels it’s either modelling/marketing stuff which he’s getting paid for or training alone.

Its a bit sad he doesn’t have a wife, family, girlfriend or even close friends from what I can tell. He’s fully committed to training to be the best driver and making money via endorsements. 

It's blindingly obvious that Hamilton is a bellend.

He's a fantastic driver, brilliant, but his personality is clearly grim. You can hear it every time he speaks. The fake 'thanks' to the team etc that he can't muster even a modicum of sincerity with, saying the words but with no authenticity behind it... Everything is just him being emotionally distant and 'removed', fake, a veneer badly applied over his actual self.

I wouldn't be surprised to discover he's got an issue like Asperger's.

That's not too far the other drivers are not bellends - Verstappen is obviously a clearing in the woods, Riccardo has that 'jock' nastiness in him, etc. But they feel like they have some understanding of being a social being, whereas Hamilton feels like a robot.

• Like 2

Yup, I do think there is something else with him that he’s shutting out. Maybe he’s gay? Or as @Chindie suggested some form of autism.

When he thanks the team and the fans it never quite rings true as sincere. 

I love Hamilton as a racer but agree with the personality thing. I think he takes himself way too seriously. I'm not sure it's an autism thing, I just think he has a massive ego and can't let his guard down for a second. 

If Lewis does have an autism related issue, then he is barely on the spectrum.

Some people are just born with awkward social skills and struggle to blend in to a normal way of life, they feel massive pressure to just be normal, to be able to have a normal conversation, to have a friend or maintain a relationship of any kind, through the pressure they feel inside.

Something that will be a life long struggle for some, they do not know the difference between saying the same thing many ways, that can come across differently to different people. When someone speaks well, you assume they are normal but inside they had a struggle to say what they were saying and it's impact.

People like this cannot handle emotional pressure well, it will come across to some as that person wears their heart on their sleeve, another may think what they say as just being a dick.

I'm a Lewis fan and I have cringed in the past at some of his words and actions but through my families own experiences I sort of take it as he can't handle the situation and messes up.

Anyway that's my 2 cents from experience, never judge a book completely by its cover, I may be completely wrong as no one really knows but those closest to him.

• Like 3

After the massive storm last week about England players being racially abused it’s in the press that Hamilton has been subjected to the same treatment last night.

I really do despair sometimes, what’s wrong with these people? Find them, let everyone know who they are. Scum.

I see crybabies red bellends the hypocrites have forgotten the times their max crashtappen has cost people good races. Then there's the time he nearly killed Raikonnen at Spa but for Kimis incredible reactions.

Good. I hope Lewis beats him

Re the accident if Lewis turned more towards the right at the speed he was going he would have spun around and hit Max anyway. Lewis was alongside and eased off but Max turned right a little bit too much. 

And how many times this season has crashtappen forced Lewis off?.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

It's blindingly obvious that Hamilton is a bellend.

He's a fantastic driver, brilliant, but his personality is clearly grim. You can hear it every time he speaks. The fake 'thanks' to the team etc that he can't muster even a modicum of sincerity with, saying the words but with no authenticity behind it... Everything is just him being emotionally distant and 'removed', fake, a veneer badly applied over his actual self.

Yeah that's exactly it. None of it feels sincere. That might be me being harsh and that's just how he is, but it always feels like just reeling off the stuff he's meant to say. 

I dunno. He's the GOAT. I should like him more. But I don't.

I'd still rather he won than Max though

Lando is my favourite now.

Disclaimer - Think Max and Lewis are both a pair of prize bellends

I thought so at the time and again - Hamilton was completely in the wrong. It was his perogative to back out of the move as the attacking driver. Max left more than a cars width - in fact there was about two car widths on the inside. He even steered slightly to the left to ensure Hamilton had enough room. Hamilton was missing the apex by about 3ft, I'd argue if max wasn't there he wouldn't have made the corner. The penalty was a farce with how dominant the Merc is. Should have been a drive through at the very least. Impressive drive to come back but to be honest with that car I'd back 4-5 other drivers to do the same. 

Can we also appreciate the Godly luck Hamilton gets - I'm sure he's sold his arse to some sort of malevolent entity in the afterlife. First his rival's teammate is nowhere. Then he punts his rival out of the race without destroying his own car. Then its red flagged and his car is allowed to be repaired. Then he's given a weak penalty. Then Leclerc has engine issues. Then the few drivers ahead of him like Norris have wheel gun issues causing them to lose time in the pits and puts up zero defence when Hamilton behind. Then Bottas takes it dry and says thank you. Then Kimi spins off and holds up Leclerc with Hamilton about 3 secs behind (prob would have caught anyway though). Like that chain of events is so ridiculously unlikely AND its not the first time this season a red flag has bailed him out - at Imola too. That's about a 40 point swing just through blind luck. If it wasn't for his own cock up at Baku it would be pushing 60!

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 1

Yeah the drivers I support the most for sure these days are Leclerc and Norris. I just think Hamilton is the biggest fake the sport has ever seen and Max is just a spoiled rich kid. However anyone making pathetic racist comments can do one. Like there's plenty to dislike about Hamilton don't resort to that 

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

I see crybabies red bellends the hypocrites have forgotten the times their max crashtappen has cost people good races. Then there's the time he nearly killed Raikonnen at Spa but for Kimis incredible reactions.

Good. I hope Lewis beats him

Re the accident if Lewis turned more towards the right at the speed he was going he would have spun around and hit Max anyway. Lewis was alongside and eased off but Max turned right a little bit too much. 

And how many times this season has crashtappen forced Lewis off?.

Exactly. Now I'm no massive Lewis fan but he has backed out of every other scrap this season (Imola, Barcelona) as he is clever enough to realise 2nd place is better than no points but this was basically him saying "no more backing down".

Verstappen was defending very aggressively up until that point. He tries to completely cut Lewis off in to Copse, break the air flow and cause Lewis to lose downforce and then he has a clearer run through Becketts and Magotts and down the straight, holding on to position and probably the win. He misjudges it and ends up pointing for the apex although they are side by side. There is no space to do that, Lewis clips him and no points for Max. His misjudgement has cost him valuable championship points. If he had backed out then he would have gotten points for 2nd place or maybe even fought back to win but his rashness has caused him to get no points. Maybe he will learn from this mistake. However, evidence up until this point would suggest not. That and he will have Horner with his tongue up his ass telling him it was never his fault.

As for Helmut Marko going around the paddock suggesting Lewis should be banned, he is running the risk of looking like a senile old man.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Exactly. Now I'm no massive Lewis fan but he has backed out of every other scrap this season (Imola, Barcelona) as he is clever enough to realise 2nd place is better than no points but this was basically him saying "no more backing down".

Verstappen was defending very aggressively up until that point. He tries to completely cut Lewis off in to Copse, break the air flow and cause Lewis to lose downforce and then he has a clearer run through Becketts and Magotts and down the straight, holding on to position and probably the win. He misjudges it and ends up pointing for the apex although they are side by side. There is no space to do that, Lewis clips him and no points for Max. His misjudgement has cost him valuable championship points. If he had backed out then he would have gotten points for 2nd place or maybe even fought back to win but his rashness has caused him to get no points. Maybe he will learn from this mistake. However, evidence up until this point would suggest not. That and he will have Horner with his tongue up his ass telling him it was never his fault.

As for Helmut Marko going around the paddock suggesting Lewis should be banned, he is running the risk of looking like a senile old man.

He already is. !!!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No way. That insufferable wally 'Crofty' was practically orgasming at the win

I agree with most on here about Lewis' personality. Outside the car he's hardly a great showman. 

Inside the car however, he's one of the greatest racers to have ever lived.

Given his ordinary background as a black kid from Stevenage, I wonder what he's had to sacrifice in terms of normal relationships and activities in order to keep the focus and determination to become the best.

He's like Ronaldo in his commitment to his craft.

The Americans love winners. That's the personality the crave, and they love Lewis. We love a Henman as much as a Murray. 

I wonder when it's all over, when he's finally off the clock, if we'll see a different side to Hamilton? 

• Like 1