Formula One - 2021

BOF

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

, Max and his old man celebrating like he won it fair n square, beant as **** this is 

That's what I can't square.  How could anyone be happy winning like that. He knows he was well beaten in the race.  He was handed a win by incompetent refereeing, HE didn't win anything. It's like cheating in an exam then believing you're clever because of your qualification. 

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I hate safety car and VSC pitstops. The race leader is often put in a no-win position.

I said in the last race the simple thing is to not allow pit stops under a safety car.  Everyone just keeps their place, it's the only fair way. 

Maybe if you HAVE to stop also take a 10 second penalty or something. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I think they need to make adjustments to the tracks to make it easier to race hard without being able to force the other driver of the track, and then penalise going off the track more severely.

They need to rig the cars up with explosives so if you take someone out you both die in a massive fireball. I think this is the only realistic solution to the issue.

• Haha 1

So it looks like Mercedes have the rulebook and the track evidence in their favour on both protests, with Max getting slightly ahead of Lewis under the safety car and the weird Masi decision to get some cars out of the way - that's going to bring about some big questions for the FIA - this isn't a situation where you can give Max a five second penalty - any punishment means taking the World Championship off him - that's incredibly difficult.

I'm not sure what they do here -  they'll have a massive problem defending themselves because rules have been broken - but they'll have massive trouble doing anything about it because a Championship has been won. 

I guess they could annul it and declare the season with no champion? Rerun the race? Carry the points into next season?

I think what they'll end up doing is burying Mercedes in money and promises and hoping it goes away.

• Like 1

Merc got all the advantages today and didn't win. Now they're protesting. The tears give me a tingly dingly. I know Lewis isn't. It's all Toto.

• Like 1