Formula One - 2021

BOF

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

How can F1 be managed in such an amateur way?  It's an absolute joke.

I mean they hold races in some of the worst regimes in the world because money. Them making dodgy calls in races is hardly out of character. It's a shit business.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Race result and something else. 
The race didn’t restart within the rules, last unlapped car had not passed when the safety car came in. 
Seems like a clear foul.

Yes that will be the basis of their appeal, but are they appealing to those who made the decisions already, if so can't see that being successful.

Are F1 going to want to take the title of Max no it's been awarded, it will make a mockery of the sport and Masi has already done that.

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

So it was Ricciardo denied the chance to race Vettel and Leclerc infront of him. Obviously slim chance but could have meant an extra point for McLaren.

So would have made no difference to the driver or constructor championship, but still seems unfair.

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

So would have made no difference to the driver or constructor championship, but still seems unfair.

Yeah of course, but it’s not the point really, rules are rules. You don’t not let them race just because it’s over, imagine finishing a football match early because a team are 4 up.

edit; or finishing the season and not playing Villa vs Wolves on the last day because 1-7th and 18-20th are decided. It’s the absolute opposite of ‘racing’

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Good to appeal, Masi has effectively asked the guy leading the race by 13 seconds to slow down to let the guy in 2nd place to go in for fresh tyres and then wait for him to pull side by side and then start the race.

Spot on. I think this is the crux of it alongside the race officials not following their own rules. It’s put a huge cloud over the ending of what was a great season up to this last moment. A real shame.

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So well deserved having a 15 second lead eroded on a plate for him. 

The hollowest of hollow victories. 

Blessed Max. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Not checked this but sounds bang on

This is what Sky said. The safety car should come in the lap after the FINAL unlapped car has passed. 

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Spot on. I think this is the crux of it alongside the race officials not following their own rules. It’s put a huge cloud over the ending of what was a great season up to this last moment. A real shame.

Brilliant season spoilt by rules and regs being manipulated, see other football - VAR and the he's gone threads, anywhere there is big money, there is corruption.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is what Sky said. The safety car should come in the lap after the FINAL unlapped car has passed. 

Yes, crikey, I cannot see how F1 can put this right without looking any worse then they do already today. A crying shame after such a good season.

that finale was either incompetence, corruption, or both.

What makes it even funnier, is the reverence shown to Red Bull.

I mean, you are all racing in a championship where the team like Mercedes, Ferrari etc showcase their ability, trying to prove they are the best and most advanced car makers in the world......... but F1 quite like supporting a high sugar and caffeine drinks company which doesnt build cars at all lol..........maybe Red Bull need to start building cars.

Anyway, the situation was a clear and obviously break of the rules, what happened has never ever been done before and broke the regulations.

I dont see anything changing though, the FIA wont rule against itself, would anyone actually expect an outcome which changes anything?, i wont be holding my breath.

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes, crikey, I cannot see how F1 can put this right without looking any worse then they do already today. A crying shame after such a good season.

I thought that when they said no cars would be allowed to unlap themselves :lol: 

Michael Masi: hold my beer.

• Haha 1

If the FAI don't stick to their own rules then doesnt it go to a arbitration? Maybe the race result will be voided or finished early. It's such a shame that it's come to this over the confusion caused by poor decisions made outside of racing , Hopefully Max gets to celebrate his win but I fear the worst tbh.