Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

A few things worthy of note I think;

* They are now 4 points above the relegation zone

* The teams below them have started picking up points

* Another 3 players picked up injuries today to add to their already extensive list

* Pannu is trying to flog off the kids while Clark wants to flog the high earning older players. Should make for a great team spirit when the only players they

can sell are the young players and Clark is left with the ones he said he wanted to get rid of.

* They can't buy anyone

* They seemingly can't afford to get rid of Clark

* The takeover isn't going to happen in time and any new owners are likely is Pandiani and pals (check out what QPR fans think of them)

* Curtis Davis their best player wants out

* Butland is leaving

* Their accounts need to be released in order to complete a sale and when they are they could see them deducted points

* If they aren't sorted then sooner or later they will be in administration

* Carson Yeung's court case is still rumbling on

* They have somewhere in the region of 14 players out of contract in the summer

* This is their 2nd year of parachute payments from the Premier League, so for the next two years they will get £8m a season rather than the £16m they've

got the last two years.

* Despite their financial plight Zigic (the player they beat us to signing cough cough) is still picking up in the region of £52k a week or £2.7m a year and still

has until May 2014 on his contract.

* Despite their financial plight and the need for income, despite ticket offers and a home fixture on New Year's day a grand total of just over 17k turned up

at the Sty today

* Pannu opted to hold out on selling players like Butland (despite the £6m offer from Southampton) thinking they would either a) sell the club before then or that they would get more for the players in January. Unlucky Pannu, you just told the world you need to sell.

I could go on but I think I've said enough, Happy New Year folks!!! I think 2013 could make for quite interesting viewing on the other side of the city.

Fantastic summary Trent, really perked me up on my first morning back in the office :D

While Trent's summary is very good, I think the situation is actually a lot worse than stated. Peter Pannu has basically said their finances are ****, which leaves them minimal options.

1. They find a buyer for the club. Given that to do this they will need to show their books to prospective buyers, which they are charging £50,000 for prospective buyers to see, and then after paying,prospective buyers are withdrawing their interest, I would suggest there is not one single buyer who has seen the books who retains an interest in buying the club.

2. They have a fire sale to raise money to stave off administration (likely option - Peter Pannu has publicly hinted at this). Losing their key players would turn their season south - as far south as Fratton Park.

3. They go into administration. A 10 point deduction would see Blues secure bottom spot, two points below Barnsley and 7 points from safety. Should an administrator be appointed, the books will come out. If they have been suitably molested, as would appear to be the case (with the auditors resigning just a couple of months ago) this would mean a further points deduction of 25 points as per Chester. This would take their points tally down to -6 and certain relegation to the third tier.

As far as I can see (hope), their club is currently worth next to nothing. They recorded a £10m loss for last season against a turnover of £61.4m - of which £45m was player wages. As their profile and league status drops, their revenue will only decrease, which combined with reduced parachute payments and a further reduction in turnover (attendances are down by 10% this season so far) can only result in a greater loss for this season. Insolvency could be on the horizon unless their debts are written off, which it looks like Carson Young is not likely to be doing in a hurry.

I think their eventual fortune could lie somewhere between Portsmouth and Rangers. They appear to be in more of a mess than Portsmouth - Portsmouth were not hiding everything when they went into administration. I reckon relegation is an absolute certainty for them this season. Whether that relegation takes them to League One - or the Conference - one can only hope...

• Like 2

If they drop and keep dropping someone will just buy them for peanuts, because Yeung will not want to lose any more money?

So someone could potentially pick them up for nothing and make the half decent again?

Is any of this true? lol

Pick them up for nothing but would need to spend a shed load on a whole new team just to keep up. They need at least 20m to rebuild the whole team.

Then you have the debt, why would you want to buy them? surely you would eb better off buying any side completely

Why would anyone want them? The last lot though I hated them did a really good job and were hounded out by the fans amid personal abuse, yet the besets fans in the whole wide world still didn't flock to see them. Then Carson had a spin and still they were shit, the stadium empty and they've got into trouble again.

If you were buying a house as an investment would you buy one that needed doing up or one that a couple of owners have tried doing up and made worse and are now desperate to get rid of?

It is hard to imagine what any potential bidder would see as an opportunity with Birmingham, there are far better clubs to invest in out there.

As much fun as it is to laugh at them, I wouldn't want to see anything happen to the club that could jeopardise its long term future. I enjoy our derby matches with SHA and would much rather see them come back up to the Prem than be relegated again, let alone see them hit financial disaster and start again from Blue Square North. Football clubs aren't children - you can't just replace them if yours is rubbish, you're stuck for life!

• Like 1

As much fun as it is to laugh at them, I wouldn't want to see anything happen to the club that could jeopardise its long term future. I enjoy our derby matches with SHA and would much rather see them come back up to the Prem than be relegated again, let alone see them hit financial disaster and start again from Blue Square North.

Not sure many will agree with you on this.

Football clubs aren't children - you can't just replace them if yours is rubbish, you're stuck for life!

Er...I'm fairly sure you can't replace children if they are rubbish.

As much fun as it is to laugh at them, I wouldn't want to see anything happen to the club that could jeopardise its long term future. I enjoy our derby matches with SHA and would much rather see them come back up to the Prem than be relegated again, let alone see them hit financial disaster and start again from Blue Square North. Football clubs aren't children - you can't just replace them if yours is rubbish, you're stuck for life!

**** the blues. That is all.

You Broken Bad, regular_john? You high, bro?

Â