Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

Just now, rjw63 said:

No they really wouldn't.

I know they're **** stupid but there's no way they'd pay money to something that they hate so much it controls their lives.

I don’t mean current fans. I mean in general if the club never existed! 

Or if they fold, future generations. We need BCFC. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t mean current fans. I mean in general if the club never existed! 

Or if they fold, future generations. We need BCFC. 

I need BCFC like I need Herpes. If they had never existed, then all those fans would most probably have gravitated to either us or the Baggies.  If they go out of business now, then the current lot can see their grandkids walking around in their Villa kits. Oh the agony 😂😂Either option is a win for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We need BCFC. 

There's plenty of comedies on Netflix, we don't need these words removed. 

😺

• Like 1

On 06/06/2022 at 12:10, useless said:

One of the reasons all this stuff around Wang Yaohui is a grave concern for them, If he ends up in a situation where he can no longer put money into the club, which is only a matter of time by the sound of things, then they could end up in a situation similar to us just before Edens and Sawiris came in, they desperately need a takeover.

Their situation would be similar, but far worse though.... as they don't own the stadium,  the stadium is falling down, they don't have a once in a generation star to potentially sell or keep and see them avoid relegation, and their fan base is far smaller than Villa's. There is nothing encouraging a buyer to come in and save them. They're so ****ed 

Edited by MrBlack

Their fans seem to be hanging onto the hope that it's going to get to the stage where their owners have no choice but to sell them, similar to the situation Xia got into with us, but no guarantee that they would get a decent owner that way. Their situation looking very grave at the moment, unless there's a decent owner behind the scenes looking to save them, surprised the mainstream media haven't picked up on it more.

Even if they do get a new owner with good intentions, they still face the possiblity of sanctions in the short term for being owned by someone for the last four or so years that hasn't taken the fit and proper person's test, unless there's a bunch of championship clubs due points deduction, then I think there's a good chance they could go down next season as they're in complete limbo until the ownership issue is sorted and by all accounts even if that was to happen as quickly as possible it still wouldn't be done in time for the start of the season

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

How would everyone here feel if SHA went bust?

It would be hilarious initially, but long term it would be soulless… it’s not quite the same feeling shitting on the Tesco Bags than shitting on the Bluenoses   

they would just start a new club so they wouldn't go away

being in the championship is still too close for comfort though. i'd love them to be relegated. ideally to national league so we cant even play them in the efl cup

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

they would just start a new club so they wouldn't go away

being in the championship is still too close for comfort though. i'd love them to be relegated. ideally to national league so we cant even play them in the efl cup

But why would you want to play them? It’s been an easy 6 pointer for decades. Also you get a free freak show when their fans come to visit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

But why would you want to play them? It’s been an easy 6 pointer for decades. Also you get a free freak show when their fans come to visit. 

I don't want those dirty freaks setting foot in Villa Park. Ever.

10 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

runs of results come to an end one day. we will beat utd at home at some point it'll happen. i'd rather not give them the chance

and it's not been an easy 6 points for decades. only once in the 3 seasons in the championship did we do the double over them, and only 3/7 of the prem seasons

watching them from afar is much more fun. derby matches are only enjoyable at the final whistle once we've won. the rest of the day is shite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It would be hilarious initially, but long term it would be soulless… it’s not quite the same feeling shitting on the Tesco Bags than shitting on the Bluenoses   

Indifference, mostly. Every club needs rivals, but as it is they don't provide any level of rivalry and I can't see how they will again for many years, and that's assuming they have plenty of good fortune. All they are at the moment are pantomime villains.

It's fun to chuckle at their misfortune mostly due to how they responded when we were circling the drain, but ultimately it doesn't matter what happens to them.

• Like 1

Wet, after pissing myself laughing. 

Ring able to drink in town would be a strange feeling

mate

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

I don't want those dirty freaks setting foot in Villa Park. Ever.

This. It's bad enough reading about them attending VP for kids footy tournaments or weddings/xmas functions with clear intent on causing damage or similar anti social behaviour. 

But...

If you could guarantee that we batter them 10-0 every time we played them then perhaps I'd reconsider having em back at our place but overall, they are proud to be the Millwall of the Midlands and it would be too toxic to go to.

Let them languish in the vanaramamamamama league for the next 40 years. That'd do for me.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

I'd still like them to exist in some form, but stuck in League Two - always nice to have a look over your neighbours fence to have a giggle at the state of their shed with holes in the roof and the door hanging off just after you've just got yourself a top of the range shed the size of a living room. 

The presumption is that the few thousand fans they get turning up each week are the hard-core support (the town drinkers, SOTV, MATE etc etc).

So those are most likely to "defect" to a phoenix club if one were to be created when they get disillusioned with the current one. This would see their gates at the Sty fall even further, resulting in less income, whilst the new club probably wont have a ground big enough to accommodate the supporters.

Potentially delightful.

• Haha 1

Â