Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

The English Football League says that it will be making enquiries with Birmingham City Football Club following the revelation by RFA earlier this week that Cambodian diplomat Wang Yaohui secretly controls an eighth of the club’s shares.

Under English Football League regulations, Birmingham City is obliged to disclose both to the league and publicly the identity of any person who directly or indirectly holds “any Significant Interest in the club.” Birmingham’s ownership disclosure does not name Wang, something that could cause problems for the club...

Former associates of Wang, who asked not to be identified citing security concerns, confirmed to RFA that Wang was Dragon Villa's beneficial owner. The statement is also echoed in other affidavits lodged as part of the Singapore court case. Records also show that Dragon Villa has been involved in the ownership networks of several other Wang-linked enterprises.

Should the EFL find the club violated regulations by failing to disclose Wang’s control of Dragon Villa – and therefore 12.8 percent of the club – then Birmingham City could face sanctions from the league.

Radio Free Asia

How much does Big Dong own, about as clear as mud

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

There's a bluenose on the EFL board isn't there? They could go into administration and only be deducted 1 GD.

Yeah but if they get a simple punishment then the likes of reading and derby might take legal action against them. They will be watching closely. 

• Like 1

The EFL don't decide point deductions, it goes to an independent panel.

This is something different though, I think it's unprecedented, can't think of another instant where a club has been owned by someone that hasn't been declared to the EFL or anyone else, as I said it's worse because if he had have taken the fit and proper persons' test he would have failed it, so it could be viewed as him concealing his identity for that purpose.

It might help them in the long run, because will probably help them get new owners, as the owner is seemingly not only in trouble with EFL, but HKSE, and the law in several different countries, but in the short term I can see the EFL or whoever makes decides the sanction coming down really hard on them, they won't want future dodgy owners thinking they can do something similar and if they get caught the punishment will be lenient.

SHA the gift that keeps on giving. It’s kept me amused for decades! Harsh punishment yes but not so strong as to put them out of business - I can’t think of a better place to give me a good belly-laugh. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

SHA the gift that keeps on giving. It’s kept me amused for decades! Harsh punishment yes but not so strong as to put them out of business - I can’t think of a better place to give me a good belly-laugh. 

The only let up in this what’s that period in the 70s when we could not beat them for ages.The antichrist tripping over his shoelaces on one occasion and getting a very dodgy penalty in front of a packed to the rafters Tilton and strangely roomy rest of the Sty

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The only let up in this what’s that period in the 70s when we could not beat them for ages.The antichrist tripping over his shoelaces on one occasion and getting a very dodgy penalty in front of a packed to the rafters Tilton and strangely roomy rest of the Sty

I was there for that one with my dad and he got tickets for the home end by mistake.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed us sneaking out when that penalty was given, but before it went in we were out the ground and half way to the car. I must have been about 12 or 13.

Being in close proximity to so many knuckledraggers was horrendous. Ugh. Unwashed vermin.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I was there for that one with my dad and he got tickets for the home end by mistake.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed us sneaking out when that penalty was given, but before it went in we were out the ground and half way to the car. I must have been about 12 or 13.

Being in close proximity to so many knuckledraggers was horrendous. Ugh. Unwashed vermin.

Amazing coincidence, my dad’s mate who worked at Lucas who was a nose got tickets for the Kop so we were there right at the front that day as well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Amazing coincidence, my dad’s mate who worked at Lucas who was a nose got tickets for the Kop so we were there right at the front that day as well. 

We were late arriving and got stuck way up the back.

They really don't like us very much do they 🤣

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I first went to a SHA v Villa match at the Sty in the 70’s and sat in the railway end on more than one occasion - not sure if we were allocated it but seem to remember it being a mix. I was around 9 or 10 at the time and remember walking back to the car and having to dodge all the bricks and bottles being thrown at us. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Met him when I was a steward at VP and he was sheff wed manager. It was my first game and i was nervous. I was stationed on the old players lounge where the away team coach reversed alongside. He was annoyingly friendly and nice to me as he walked by.

Git !

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's from Stoke give him a chance 

Is there not 24 teams in that division then?

Â