Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

2 minutes ago, turnbull said:

I can only apologise, the road we were diverted along for the SH Highway upgrade must have been a completely different one to what I thought it was. 😏

When I was a kid most of my friends lived close to Cov Road and were Villa fans

All the Bluenoses were mainly from Solihull

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Hey, they were 2 of my favourite pubs as well mate. Used to finish off in the Ben Johnson before making our way to the game. There were hardly any

bluenoses in town those days mate!

Ah the old Ben Johnson. Spent many a happy session there before and after games. Tough pub to make a profit from, especially with so many local businesses closing Landlord used to say it was the football trade kept his head above water. Match days it was always rammed. It’s a bloody burger bar now, should be a law against it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Ah the old Ben Johnson. Spent many a happy session there before and after games. Tough pub to make a profit from, especially with so many local businesses closing Landlord used to say it was the football trade kept his head above water. Match days it was always rammed. It’s a bloody burger bar now, should be a law against it.

Oh no, is it really a burger bar? Shame on whoever allowed that to happen. Yes. They used to get a fair number of customers from Halfords et Al back in the day. A real travesty imo

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sure, but he's not going to be running the football club, he's a minority shareholder who will allegedly be advising on nutrition. He has never been involved in football in any way, he's not going to be giving brilliant input. 

It's PR designed to create a bit of excitement around the takeover (and fair enough, it's worked brilliantly). But this time next year we're not going to be talking about what a massive difference Tom Brady's nutrition advice made to Birmingham City's season. 

So unlike properly run clubs such as Man City, us, Barca, Real, Bayern etc. they are going to take the advice of a former NFL player in nutrition rather than, gee I dunno, actually employ a nutritionist!? 🤣

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

So unlike properly run clubs such as Man City, us, Barca, Real, Bayern etc. they are going to take the advice of a former NFL player in nutrition rather than, gee I dunno, actually employ a nutritionist!? 🤣

Yes, but he’s a proppa nutritionist 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

Remember being in there and it was rammed packed before we went down to the sty for a mid week game early mid 90’s. as everybody exited could not believe how many people were actually in there. We drank in town that night with little issue and Digbeth.🤣

Edited by Follyfoot

51 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Barca?!?!?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Partner with big name sports star who is looking for avenues to promote his nutritional advice/supplements business and hit him for some investment capital (suspiciously no mention of how much). 

Assuming he's even paid for his stake in the club and not simply been awarded it in exchange for his name being associated with them. Like the Andy Murray/Castore tie-up. Or Purslow/Villa.

• Like 1

What is the capacity of their stadium with the stand/stands closed?  How much would it take to rebuild?  I think they will be financially strapped for many a year to come. I mean why would someone invest in them when there are better? options ready to go?  It makes no sense which I guess suits them to a tee. 

27 minutes ago, Withnail said:

What is the capacity of their stadium with the stand/stands closed?  How much would it take to rebuild?  I think they will be financially strapped for many a year to come. I mean why would someone invest in them when there are better? options ready to go?  It makes no sense which I guess suits them to a tee. 

Apparently the game next week is a sell out against Leeds, according to some knuckle dragger who phoned in to the football phone in. Leads will probably take around 5000 which leaves around 8000 vermin

KRO

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive spoken to a lot of people and they dont know who he is.

Only people that follow american sports know who he is. 

He isnt Michael jordan for example

he's been the most recognizable name in American sports over the last decade. 

They’ve basically given Brady a very small free shareholding as payment for a bit of PR. 

Id be worried if I was a Blues fan as they have far more pressing concerns that the owners should be focussing on I.e stadium, training ground, squad, youth structure etc. 

I think the mood around the sty ia positive so i think they will start the season well then hopefulky they do the usual start being shit after 10 games then slide down the table.

I think they will win 1st two unfortunately as swansea always seem to bottle it against them and leeds havent strengthened at all yet so good time to play them.

But on the flip side, if they start poorly expectations are so high with the fans at the moment with the talk they are coming for us (losers focus on catching coventry 1st) fans will turn on eustace very quickly

Â