Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

she was somehow 'a thing' for a whole cycle.

I thought she was alight for the 1 day.  She came across quite well,  seemed like she was quite nice and was trying to help them.
It was super funny and everyone else in the meeting was a class A word removed.   Nice diversion for a day I suggest.

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I honestly think jordan feels sorry for him hence why he cuts him off for making himself look a even biggee bafoon and laughing stock

Yes, he definitely cut him off and said he has no idea why he would come and talk about that stuff.  I think he suspected he was a bit pissed / high and really thought he was going into stuff that definitely shouldn't be made public.  I agree I think he felt a bit sorry for him.  It was a complete car crash of an interview.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

That interview.... if he was anywhere near Villa let alone looking to buy it I would genuinely be going down protesting. 

1. Only come in for 3 years? Really how can you be so sure? What if no one wants to buy you out in 3 years; are you going to simply shut up shop?

I do wonder if he's given the game away here and it is as was rumoured; he's the face, until the Gollivan entity can get it of West Ham

As you say, when he's made it public the money is coming from Sullivan, the EFL shouldn't be allowing this to go through.

Somehow, I suspect it might go through and they'll have some promising West Ham players on loan next season

That video that's been posted on here apparently isn't the whole thing, some of it had to be cut out for legal reasons as Bassini was making accusations that could have got him or the show in trouble.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I do wonder if he's given the game away here and it is as was rumoured; he's the face, until the Gollivan entity can get it of West Ham

As you say, when he's made it public the money is coming from Sullivan, the EFL shouldn't be allowing this to go through.

Somehow, I suspect it might go through and they'll have some promising West Ham players on loan next season

Shouldn't be allowed full stop if Sullivan is involved (and remains involved with West Ham). I would be surprised they would go back to SHA, I thought Sullivan and Gold were West Ham "fans"... 

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is a good point actually and something that could be a problem. Sullivan wont want them going down if he invested in them (not offically but thats what it is) so he will try help them by loaning them west ham youngsters and fringe players on low fees.

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

I can't believe they've got a Changing Rooms Ground?  Magnificent.

If it's such a mess as he says I would have thought Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen would be the man to fix that up.

He doesn’t drink in town

mate 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

Shouldn't be allowed full stop if Sullivan is involved (and remains involved with West Ham). I would be surprised they would go back to SHA, I thought Sullivan and Gold were West Ham "fans"... 

Isnt the rule that they cant be in the same competition as a conflict of interest 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Isnt the rule that they cant be in the same competition as a conflict of interest 

Nope

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/appendix-3-owners-and-directors-test/

Disqualifying Condition' means all or any of the following:

Associations between clubs:

(a)           either directly or indirectly being involved in, or having the power to determine or influence, the management or administration of another Club or Premier League Club unless a dispensation in respect of the same has been granted by the Board in accordance with Regulation 110;

(b)           either directly or indirectly holding or acquiring any Significant Interest in a Club while at the same time either directly or indirectly holding any interest in any class of shares or securities of another Club unless a dispensation in respect of the same has been granted by the Board in accordance with Regulation 110;

So the crux of it will come down to who is a Relevant Person, bound by this test

Relevant Person’ means in respect of any Club any individual Person (and not any Entity) operating the powers that are usually associated with the powers of a director of a company incorporated under the 2006 Act (as a Company limited by shares or by guarantee).  Further, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following individuals shall in any event be deemed to qualify as a Relevant Person:

(a)   a director as defined by Section 250 of the 2006 Act;

(b)   a shadow director as defined by Section 251 of the 2006 Act;

(c)   a person registered as a director or secretary of the Club with the Registrar of Companies;

(d)   a person for whom a Form AP01 (to be filed with the Registrar of Companies) has been completed in relation to the Club;

(e)   a person who has been elected to become a director of the Club at a meeting of the board of directors of the Club;

(f)    a person who has been elected to become a director of the Club at a meeting of the members of the Club;

(g)   a person in accordance with whose directions or instructions the persons constituting the management of the Club are accustomed to act;

(h)   any Authorised Signatory;

(i)    any duly appointed signatory (as that term is utilised in Regulation 46.1);

(j)    any 'chief executive' officer, 'general manager', 'chief operating officer' or any other person undertaking any duties which would objectively be considered to be equivalent to those roles;

(k)   any person appointed by those with Control over the Club to represent their interests in the management of the Club; and

(l)    a person who has Control over the affairs of the Club,

I'm not qualified to have a strong opinion on this, but it seems to me that L is a nice catch all for "a shifty bugger who's funding this venture with 10s of millions of pounds while pretending not to be the real owner."

It just doesn't make any sense, he comes on air, announces how they are bending the rules, potential signings, like wtf was that rambling about an Arsenal kid signing. Deffo on some sort of narcotic, 

Is it even allowed to have another chairman fund most of a deal so he can buy it after it's been kept safe by someone else in the future?.

What is happening? Even for the blues, this is next level corrupt and small time. 

Craig Gardner? builders? Orvil the green puppet. ... I just don't know whats real anymore.

Someone at the EFL ...'erm boss, you know that application we just got from Bassini' theres an interview on talk sport.... (plays video) .... deserves a chance right? says he's got a point to prove.

Pass from me...whos with me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A few things don't add up about Sullivan's so called involvement,

Not sure why he'd use Bassini of all people as a front

If I've read that Almjair article right then it's a very bad deal for the buyer, they only get twenty-once percent, but will be liable for expenditure and losses of the stadium, first team, and women's team, and bearing in mind as a club they're losing a lot of money, I think I read recently as much as £5m a month.

Seems doubtful to me that if Sullivan or any serious buyer was behind the takeover they would agree to that, especially as their current owners are in so much trouble that it probably won't be long before the club can be picked up much cheaper and on much better terms.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sullivan's only involvement is that he or one of his companies has agreed to borrow Bassini the money, but Bassini is using Sullivan's name in an attempt to give to give his bid more credence.

I suspect we will never find out, as I doubt this will actually go ahead, seems too similar to the situation Bassini was in just before he was supposedly buying Bolton, and he mentioned in his interview issues with their current majority shareholder, I presume he means the EFL investigating Wang, which I'm guessing might complicate things.

Â