Match Thread: West Brom v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I wouldn't. Engels hasn't played in how long and is way too slow at this level. Wasn't his last game the one he gifted the win for spurs. 

Fair enough about Engels, though I'd still consider taking Hause off. (Maybe Elmo?)

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Seeing it already, the issue with the red for them and the yellow for us is the bitter baggies believe they've been robbed or done over by the ref

The only doing over is by us, we were comfortably the better side before the red, they're **** shit

Now just got to put them to the sword 

You're underestimating them. They're feeling robbed because Martinez wasn't sent off for the handball.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Where are they digging these pundits from 

"There we 2 red cards in that half - one that was given and one that wasn't"

There's only feckin one then !!!

maths for optimists

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Watch the replay of Livermore - he deliberately cocked his leg before lashing out at Jack with his studs. I'm just glad he didn't break his leg or ankle.

He's tried to do him there out of frustration. 

100% red, glad Jack walked away from it. 

Edited by Herman22
  • Like 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

You're underestimating them. They're feeling robbed because Martinez wasn't sent off for the handball.

They've got their victim narrative. Big Sam the genius and saviour of football robbed of perfect debut.

Just now, hippo said:

Where are they digging these pundits from 

"There we 2 red cards in that half - one that was given and one that wasn't"

There's only feckin one then !!!

It’s amazing to read how the different pundits on the different channels are calling it.

Keown on BT agrees with it being a red. The ex-ref (Dermot Gallagher I think) also said it was a red but the Villa one wasn’t because Hause didn’t lunge in where the rules are clear.

Just now, astondalston said:

Need to work on runners to pick up the second ball after crosses into the box. Wheres the midfield following up??

agreed, Watkins is so isolated at times that expecting him to do anything is asking for too much really.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

The only people who can mess this up now.....is us.

we need to meet some of these crosses in the middle of the goal area.

Yup your right.

Were not doing enough to put alot of these crosses away and again we may have alot of guilt partys tonight.

Not good enough I'm afraid, even if we win while WB are down to ten.

Edited by Dave-R