Pre-match thread

Tomaszk

Be an interesting team to pick. It's Allardyce so do we leave Hause in for aerial dominance even if Konsa is fit? Same with Elmo, he's good in the air and didn't really put a foot wrong yesterday, do we give Catty Mash a nice long break so he's raring to go on Boxing Day? Marv didn't really do anything wrong but Luiz just brings more going forward so he's back in. Barkley starts if he's fit and could make the difference, and it'd be Traore making room for him for me. Barkley can have an hour and Traore the last 30 since Barkley might struggle with the 90 coming straight back in. 

Were not going to win every match and I thought four points would be a solid haul from these two games. Need the win now to make that happen. 

Edited by blunther

7 minutes ago, blunther said:

do we leave Hause in for aerial dominance even if Konsa is fit?

do we give Catty Mash a nice long break so he's raring to go on Boxing day?

No and no. 

Konsa and Cash have been fantastic this season and have been rested enough. They both have to start.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

No and no. 

Konsa and Cash have been fantastic this season and have been rested enough. They both have to start.

Ye Cash was suspended, not injured so needs to go straight back in.

Hes only played about 3 games in the last six weeks. 

• Like 1

Personally I think there's an argument for Elmo being more effective than Cash due to his crossing ability. But I'm happy with either and Cash is probably quicker at getting back to cover.

Konsa definitely goes back in for Hause. Hause was very good last night but Konsa hasn't done anything to lose his place. He could well still be unwell though depending on the illness.

Having Douglas back will be great. Barkley back will be massive.

image.png.90792a112117a8b1a3f3416a4f25bf04.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Personally I think there's an argument for Elmo being more effective than Cash due to his crossing ability. But I'm happy with either and Cash is probably quicker at getting back to cover.

Konsa definitely goes back in for Hause. Hause was very good last night but Konsa hasn't done anything to lose his place. He could well still be unwell though depending on the illness.

Trezeguet is out I read. 

7 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Very doubtful I'd say. Not involved at all last night so can't see him starting this one. It's got the feeling of Jack's mysterious, never ending injury about it. I'd be shocked to see Barkley here.

Is he back in training do you know?

3 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Very doubtful I'd say. Not involved at all last night so can't see him starting this one. It's got the feeling of Jack's mysterious, never ending injury about it. I'd be shocked to see Barkley here.

I think the best case scenario is he makes the bench. 

For me Luiz, Cash and Konsa all come back in if fit. I thought Marv, Elmo and Hause played well last night but Luiz, Cash and Konsa have the shirt for now and should keep it. 

I'd think we will start with:

Martinez

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

Luiz

ElGhazi McGinn Traore Grealish

Watkins

I wouldn't be against replacing Traore with Ramsey. 

Still pissed off. Need to slap these tesco arseholes on Sunday. Hope to god we've been working on finishing in training.

Emi

Cash         konsa        mings      targett

Doug

SJM         barkley

Traore               watkins          jack

If no barkley play ramsey

18 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

When Dean was interviewed pitch side post match I think he said “should be fit” but I’m not holding my breath.

5 hours ago, darrenm said:

I like the 1957 cup final kit usage in your diagram

4 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Hamstrings can be like that, especially once the weather gets cold. One day it feels great then the next morning it will be tight. Once you do a grade 1 tear avg recovery is a month so Ross is still on track.  

Nakamba over Ramsey for me in midfield if Barkley is out.

Play Luiz and McGinn box to box.

Reasoning being we need more physicality in midfield and Nakamba is stronger than Ramsey and won't get pushed off the ball as easily.

Edited by villalad21