Pre-match thread

Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

The only worry I have about this game is fatigue from playing Thursday. We have a better team than them.

True, but hopefully Barkley, Cash, Konsa, Trez and Luiz can walk into the team and they are fresh!

If Barkley is still not fit i'd like to see this team

................Martinez............

Cash..Hause..Mings..Targett (Konsa still out with illness i presume)

................Nakamba.............

.............McGinn..Luiz.........

El Ghazi....Watkins.....Grealish

Yes Luiz in the box to box role. One of our more skillful players and i'd like to see him linking up with Jack and Watkins further up the pitch

Edited by villalad21

17 hours ago, Mic09 said:

True, but hopefully Barkley, Cash, Konsa, Trez and Luiz can walk into the team and they are fresh!

Trez definitely won't be back as he is out until the new year.

Cash and Luiz are nailed on to come back in and I'd hope at least one of Konsa and Barkley will be. If Barkley isn't back then I think Ramsey will come in and we'll go with the same side that started against Wolves which means four fresh players that didn't play on Thursday. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Could be a good game for Hourihane like Thursday would’ve been.  He’s very effective against pants opposition where we’re on the front foot.

Very good point. I think Hourihane would be useful in a game like this where we might struggle to break down the defence. Traore took a couple of free kicks against Burnley and they were wasted, El Ghazi would’ve scored if not for a worldie of a save though. Conor would be dangerous from those free kicks and from corners

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Trez definitely won't be back as he is out until the new year.

Cash and Luiz are nailed on to come back in and I'd hope at least one of Konsa and Barkley will be. If Barkley isn't back then I think Ramsey will come in and we'll go with the same side that started against Wolves which means four fresh players that didn't play on Thursday. 

The illusion of a squad! 😆 

• Like 1