Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Match Polls  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/11/20 at 23:59

19 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Felt to me like Grealish, mcginn, Luiz and Mings were a bit jaded. Only 5 or 10% off their usual but in the premier league it makes the difference. Although this is massively contradicted by Trez had also travelled for internationals. He was everywhere but his end product was poor.

Definitely jaded, was a sluggish performance where normally we are zipping around the pitch.

• Like 1

Thought traore looked a bit out of synch tbh, he did his own thing but didnt play with the team so much. Hopefully he has the intelligence to be able to change that with games.

Thought we threw that away after we equalised....we took our foot off the gas and became sloppy.

Cash was brilliant today for me, perfect full back game. He did not deserve to lose that.

I think because Barkley got took out by Brighton, that up till then we came on with a gameplan. Brighton knew what they were doing taking Barkley out early, it would then leave them with just Grealish to concentrate on. Marking which they did by adding two and sometimes even three players to running at him.

Tiredness kicked in because of all the internationals we had just were knackered.

After today we now know we need more players so that we can rest players we rely on every game. Adding international football is killing our players added with a long season. We need to add more players we can rely on and I'm sure come January we will be looking to spend more on a few more players to inject much needed freshness, ability and stamina to the squad.

• Like 1

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

Do you really think what the Brighton player did was at all comparable to these situations?

No one's saying that getting the ball doesn't mean it can't be a foul(or if they are, they're dumb). The problem is whether its considered careless or reckless enough. Can you look me straight in the eye and tell me what the Brighton player did was anywhere near as careless or reckless like the two footed, studs up, out of control lunges and american football tackle you've given above?

Where did I say what he did was as bad as some of them? The point I was making was TOUCHING THE BALL IS IRRELEVENT IF IT'S A FOUL. He clearly trips Trezeguet and the contact on the ball is accidental and not enough to dispossess him.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Had a bad feeling before the game because Brighton were due a result and when a team are looking to improve their form we usually oblige.

Another weirdly random game though, we were simultaneously lucky not to concede more and unlucky not to score more. We deserved a point and had it stolen from us, so it's hard to feel anything but shit about that.

We are a proper Jekyll and Hyde team at the moment, which is better than just being rubbish, but also really frustrating when they have shown they are capable of so much more.

Your first line is an epitamy of the trait of our game....sure the internationals have affected us.....but we are like that, against teams like that.

With the personnel we have, its a trade off for the spectacle we muster....i don't see a change anytime soon....and i think it will happen again.

maybe, why i get excited at clean sheets.....it could have been 5-5, but it could also have been 1-0 and i would have taken that all day long.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

That decision by the ref today could cost us our PL status. There are fine margins in the relegation scrap.

You could be right 

However reality is, at current status, it's more likely to cost us a European spot than our PL status.

• Like 1

Just now, pacbuddies said:

That decision by the ref today could cost us our PL status. There are fine margins in the relegation scrap.

Nah we’ll stay up. Wont even be in the scrap. 

I bet If the ref hadn’t given it and VAR made him have another luck he would have then decided to give it. 

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Do you really think what the Brighton player did was at all comparable to these situations?

No one's saying that getting the ball doesn't mean it can't be a foul(or if they are, they're dumb). The problem is whether its considered careless or reckless enough. Can you look me straight in the eye and tell me what the Brighton player did was anywhere near as careless or reckless like the two footed, studs up, out of control lunges and american football tackle you've given above?

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Where did I say what he did was as bad as some of them? The point I was making was TOUCHING THE BALL IS IRRELEVENT IF IT'S A FOUL. He clearly trips Trezeguet and the contact on the ball is accidental and not enough to dispossess him.

Just to add to my point. The reason I posted those gifs is because lots of people (some on here but mostly on Twitter/TV) are saying if you get the ball it can't be a foul. I was simply trying to show how bad that logic is. Of course the foul was nothing like any of those.

Rather lose to Brighton then one of title chasing rivals, always were going to struggle today with so many players playing a zillion games in the last week, kind of unfair really.

But we didn’t lose a 6 pointer so that’s something. 

Edited by Tommo_b

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

So what about when rice got the ball before KDB in the England game, but he still conceded a free kick.....what about when follow through's are given as fouls despite touching the ball first......the game is in danger of disappearing up its own forensic arsehole.

if that had been at the other, no way would I have expected to get away with that.

it was totally pedantic imo and a search not to give it.

Gave it a year but now I'm thoroughly sick of VAR. I'd rather have the clear and obvious errors than this forensic bullshit. 

Really dont know how tres is winning the motm. Yes he tried hard, but as one of our forward players to miss the target with 3 shots is unacceptable. 

He gets even one of those on target we get a point at least!

6 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Eh? It was end to end mate. They could have scored more and we certainly could have too. Can’t understand anyone saying we didn’t deserve anything from that. We were cheated at the end from a deserved point. That was a good performance from both sides. Should have been 2-2

Spot on. I thought we were great and they were pretty good too. Decent game. We could have scored 5 or 6 on another day. We even played well considering all of our best players were knackered from international duty and Grealish had a rare off day, showing we don't only play well when he does.

• Like 2

Just now, Nigel said:

Really dont know how tres is winning the motm. Yes he tried hard, but as one of our forward players to miss the target with 3 shots is unacceptable. 

Who else deserves it? 

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

That missed sitter in the first half alone should be enough to cost him MOTM.

• Like 1

Â