Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Match Polls  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/11/20 at 23:59

Just now, villa4europe said:

Reminded me of gabby vs blues years back

He touched the ball, he didn't win it, he moved the ball off trezs toes to half a yard in front of him and then kicked him taking him out 

Its a **** foul 

Yep, Roger Johnson on Gabby and Milner scored the penalty. He touched the ball but if he didn't also take Gabby out, Gabby would have scored. Similar thing today, except this one was more blatant.

What is this got the ball nonsense? So, if you do a two footed lunged at knee height, breaking the opposing players leg it's okay if the ball brushes your foot?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IrishVillain said:

Can someone explain to me how 'getting some of the ball' matters, if your follow-through stops a goal-scoring opportunity?

It doesnt. 

If you only had to 'get the ball' our defenders could just wipe out every attack into our box. 

Just slide tackle straight through the striker, totally wipe him out and as long as you touch the ball at some point its all fine. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Not bothered about the penalty.

We didn't deserve anything for that performance.  Never looked up for it until it was too late.

Smith really struggles to motivate the team against lower league teams for some reason.

Very frustrating.

We are not very good against teams that play on the counter are we. Our home form is showing real cause for concern. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

Trezeguet was **** shite, I can't believe he's winning the MotM vote. There'd be a player there if he wore his boots on the right feet. His atrocious finishing cost us the game. 

Trezegeut was ace to day.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Just now, avfcDJ said:

If a goalkeeper comes to claim the ball and half punches it but punches the striker taking him out, it’s a foul, even if he got the ball.

This was a penalty.

It's not even that, the ball hit him despite his movement. His movement was a kick on Trez! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Trezeguet was **** shite, I can't believe he's winning the MotM vote. There'd be a player there if he wore his boots on the right feet. His atrocious finishing cost us the game. 

I think it's more a reflection on just how shite the rest of them were, tbqh.

Just now, MCU said:

Go and beat Arsenal as comfortable as we did then lose to Brighton who really aren't anything special. The whole season is going to be like this.

As long as we progress.  There are always games like this in our season.   However the lack of strength in depth is a worry.  I for one can't wait to have Wesley back.

Obviously robbed by some bizarre refereeing at the end, but generally a victim of our stars being chinned and a paper thin bench. Traoré still not up to speed but I wouldn’t write him off  yet, Trez finishing is really not great, Ollie looked a bit rusty and not a fan of the nonchalant Mings either. 

Today really showed how much of an impact Barkley has and that we have work to do in Jan. Not the end of the world though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

His balance is one of the worst I've seen in a professional footballer. It's literally like he's pissed sometimes.

Just now, richp999 said:

It doesnt. 

If you only had to 'get the ball' our defenders could just wipe out every attack into our box. 

Just slide tackle straight through the striker, totally wipe him out and as long as you touch the ball at some point its all fine. 

A big misomer is that if you get the ball it can't be a foul. No such rule exists. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Look at March's reaction. He know he's **** up. It's utterly shambolic to overturn it.

Thats the first time i have seen it.

I don't think the contact is sufficient for him to go down like that.  He has made it look like a dive for me.

• Like 3

Villa weren't good enough today but I don't know what level of Stockholm Syndrome you have to be on to convince yourself that wasn't a penalty

I remember Blues fans all being furious about Roger Johnson conceding a penalty on Agbonlahor in 2010 because he'd got a faint, irrelevant touch on the ball in the process of scything him down, the rules aren't any different today

Lot of players slightly off their game today and it added up, Traore shows flashes of quality but he seems to leave the ball behind a lot

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

No he wasn't he should have scored but he wasn't shite. FFS.

• Like 1

Sort of predictable that it was going to be a struggle today, but the team performance was really embarrassing. Good opening 15 minutes, but poor the rest of the way. No shape, individual mistakes, bad passing, lack of impetus, poor concentration.

"Nations League" (ridiculous) has hurt us.

Losing at home to Brighton is a death blow to European dreams.

We got our first taste today of what Lyon fans seemed to be glad to spit out. Traore very casual. Had a great chance to make a good impression and he chucked it.

Hard to pick a MOTM. Maybe Cash or Targett. Or Martinez.

I remember when players who were clipped inside the penalty box won penalties.

Imagine REVIEWING THE PLAY WITH VIDEO TECHNOLOGY AND REVERSING THE CALL

VAR is going to give me a stroke.

Terrible start to the weekend, I'm really annoyed with all of that.

Â