Football Manager 2021

Villaphan04

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone playing as villa have some of the youth set up make it? Barry, carney etc

Tempted to start a Villa game but don't want it to be grealish + 10 new players after 2 seasons

The ratings for the youth team are not good but that could be my coaches

Unfortunately touch doesn't have an editor so I can't increase their potential 

Not gonna set the world on fire but there are some players who make good squad guys/cup game squad. Plus helps with your home-grown numbers when in Europe ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone playing as villa have some of the youth set up make it? Barry, carney etc

Tempted to start a Villa game but don't want it to be grealish + 10 new players after 2 seasons

The ratings for the youth team are not good but that could be my coaches

Unfortunately touch doesn't have an editor so I can't increase their potential 

Barry had one season as a bit part player scoring around 10 then went on loan to spurs, barely played and they bought for him £100m and barely plays.

Chukwuemeka is really good, although it’s taken until 5th season for him to break into first team, following some successful loans.

Sold Jacob Ramsey for £30m

Aaron Ramsey plays a lot for me, his loan first season wasn’t giving him games (only one) so I recalled him and he’s been in first team squad ever since. 

Ben Chrisene at LB is probably the best, again had a few loans, but now worth £60m+

Bogarde is also in my first team, he’s ok, but mainly only plays as I’ve never found a good lcb 

Manton is coming through in dm, can’t remember if he’s there or a regen though 

Make sure you keep requesting affiliate clubs until got the max (3). Then keep sending players to them. They reject them at times, but then follow it up a few weeks later and normally go through, especially if you offer to other clubs on loan in interim and no one wants them

Edited by mikeyp102

Anyone finding that since the latest patch on Friday that oppo goalkeepers are getting motm more often? They're keeping so much more out, seems more difficult to score now. Not sure about touch, but this is happening on the full version.

Decided to try the challenge mode, basically save a team from relegation battle. 

Did it with Arsenal, start game 18th, with 12 games left, 6 points adrift. Pretty easy, won 8/10 to secure safety with 2 games left and in 9th. 

Tried it again with Fulham, a bit harder but survived with 1 game to go. 2/3 of the first games were against relegation contenders Albion and Burnley, lost both but then beat City and Liverpool. Had the most random game against Villa, Fulham took the lead, then before the 20 minute mark Jack Grealish scored 5 from centre mid(never seen anything like that before). Then I didn’t score until 70th, minute where I preceded to score 5 and win 6-5. 

Just did a restart as international manager won Euros with England, Grealish scored in the final.

2 seasons in with villa, finished 8th in both, inconsistent results give me a consistent finish, can beat top of the league then lose to the bottom its completely random, Watkins finished top scorer on 18 despite never feeling prolific he just kind of grinded it out, bought a new defence in the 2nd season but they've been poor

Martinez

Jedvaj milenkovic tomiyasu wijndal

Ugarte

McGinn tonali

Stengs Watkins grealish 

Carney and bogarde around the squad hoping Barry will be too in season 3 but need a new midfielder and probably a top striker if I can get one but I'm regen hunting, got an Argentinian kid coming in 2 years who was scouted at 86 and cost £1.2m, English winger from dortmund arrives this summer 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Ended up starting a season with Villa. Annoying me that I’m finding little bugs in the game.

Made it through to the QF of the League Cup and 7 points from 3 games in the league but had a soft start (Leeds, BHA & Fulham)

Not much transfer activity. Brought in an ex-Barcelona CD in Tarin and sold Elmo.

Managed to get Lincoln promoted to the Championship via the playoffs first season (lost 5 of my first 6 in the league and finished 1 point off autos). 

First two games were West Ham away (won 2-1) and then got absolutely pumped by Villa 6-1 at home. Neither teams have sold a player so I just got torn apart by Villa in particular, Grealish went off at half time and then still put another three past me in the second half! Gonna be a long season!

I'm in year 5 of my villa save and coming to the usual grinding halt, still incredibly inconsistent, finished 10th in the league giving me 8th, 8th, 7th and now 10th, did win the league Cup though in year 4, got a good squad just can't seem to do anything with them, still beat top one week lose to bottom the next and throw in some 5-0 defeats to man City or Liverpool every year, beat valencia 2-1 away from home in the EL semi final then lost the home game 4-0 

I'm not usually to complain about FM being broken, apart from when I play a Villa save, they never seem to work for me, try one every year and always quit it before 5 seasons are finished 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MNVillan said:

This is my first foray into FM and hell, I’m having a tough time.

What is it your struggling with? You can outsource some of it to your assistant manager (I do training and pitch side/opposition tactics as I've become lazy). Just make sure you've got a good one (high tactical knowledge etc). 

Alternatively, you can usually download a training programme or some decent tactics and they always help. 

Got bored of Villa as had won the league and Europe 3 yrs in a row.

Started with Chelsea, the squad is so unbalanced, but huge. Couldn’t get a team synergy at all, even started playing same team across league cups and Europe. Got to Europe quarter final, got humped by Madrid and got sacked, just as I was starting to get some synergy. 

Started with Arsenal, they have some really really good young players. First signing Jack, for £45m. Won the league and uefa cup. Then stripped all the older squad out and bought in more younger players. Coasted to the domestic triple and European Cup. Oldest player was Jack at 27.

Third season won league and Europe again. At end of season Barca bud £164m for Jack he wouldn’t stay having turned down lower offers.

On 23/12/2020 at 22:18, villa4europe said:

2 seasons in with villa, finished 8th in both, inconsistent results give me a consistent finish, can beat top of the league then lose to the bottom its completely random, Watkins finished top scorer on 18 despite never feeling prolific he just kind of grinded it out, bought a new defence in the 2nd season but they've been poor

Martinez

Jedvaj milenkovic tomiyasu wijndal

Ugarte

McGinn tonali

Stengs Watkins grealish 

Carney and bogarde around the squad hoping Barry will be too in season 3 but need a new midfielder and probably a top striker if I can get one but I'm regen hunting, got an Argentinian kid coming in 2 years who was scouted at 86 and cost £1.2m, English winger from dortmund arrives this summer 

Wijndal turned awesome in mine. If you can Aaron Hickey in he’s class as well.  Gvardiol, Konate or Saliba are all class at CB. 
Get Ilaix Moriba in from Barca B, one of the best cms I’ve had 

I got gvardiol for season 5 as my back up CB

Tomiyasu is a beast, got juve bayern etc bidding £80m for him 

I'm better this year, did let 3-0 leads slip vs City and Liverpool but doing OK vs everyone else 

Ugarte and tonali have developed enough for me to be able to play them in a CM 2 and push Jack up to AMC, stengs was disappointing so he's gone 

On 02/12/2020 at 12:03, hogso said:

I'm toying with the idea of buying a new ipad (ours is years old and can't run stuff properly) just to get Touch and scratch that itch a bit more. 

I did this, great investment, absolutely ideal for when I've had a free half hour here there and every where over the last few weeks whilst being off work with the kid. 

Jumped straight in to a lowest rep lowest division English management game. Picked Dorking Wanderers for a couple of reasons, a great badge, and a pretty meteoric rise to Vanarama South, with something like 3 promotions in 5 years in real life. 

6 seasons in I'm in League One, and it's now pretty tough. Survived by 6 points in my first season there, and off to a pretty ropey start this time out (1/2/4). I'm trying to avoid OP'd loan players to develop my own young signings to cash in...this is working well insofar as getting the team to league one and selling players to make money (I went from being constantly in debt up to league 2 to having £1.6m in the bank currently), but it's not working when I want to keep winning, as all the youngsters who come in will only sign with minimum release clauses, which within a season are triggered.

These are actually the kind of issues I like though, the purpose of the save is to be very longterm, like 30+ seasons, so grinding a bit to build rep before pushing for promotion again I don't mind too much. I also like seeing how my youngsters careers pan out who I've sold. 

Touch has a few odd quirks though doesn't it? I love that is runs fantastically well and is super quick, but the complete removal of team talks is a bit weird, makes sense in the mobile version, but it being absent here entirely rather than it being optional is a strange one to me. Doing the sort of save I'm doing I also miss the growth of facilities through board requests, you can do it for youth and increase scouting range, but there's nothing for training or corporate. Trimmed down versions of training and stuff is just great, though. 

On 31/12/2020 at 10:06, Milfner said:

Managed to get Lincoln promoted to the Championship via the playoffs first season (lost 5 of my first 6 in the league and finished 1 point off autos). 

First two games were West Ham away (won 2-1) and then got absolutely pumped by Villa 6-1 at home. Neither teams have sold a player so I just got torn apart by Villa in particular, Grealish went off at half time and then still put another three past me in the second half! Gonna be a long season!

So despite that horrible start, this somehow happened...

I’ve never had a season like it, let alone with a team with the smallest budget in the league and their first season after promotion. 

The summer transfer window was a total grind, I have two maybe three borderline starters for the prem. Played my first two games and lost to Everton and Spurs. My next two are United and Chelsea. Gonna be a long season, don’t think I’ll be surviving. 

0040FDF9-B75A-4192-9B10-530FE918234D.jpeg

The summer transfer window was a total grind, I have two maybe three borderline starters for the prem. Played my first two games and lost to Everton and Spurs. My next two are United and Chelsea. Gonna be a long season, don’t think I’ll be surviving. I got turned down by so many players in just ridiculous circumstances. Players wanting 80k a week off me to play in the Prem, but then accepting 15k to play in the championship. I get I have a very low reputation team, but that would simply not happen irl. Must've happen 5 or 6 times at least.

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Milfner said:

So despite that horrible start, this somehow happened...

I’ve never had a season like it, let alone with a team with the smallest budget in the league and their first season after promotion. 

The summer transfer window was a total grind, I have two maybe three borderline starters for the prem. Played my first two games and lost to Everton and Spurs. My next two are United and Chelsea. Gonna be a long season, don’t think I’ll be surviving. 

0040FDF9-B75A-4192-9B10-530FE918234D.jpeg

The summer transfer window was a total grind, I have two maybe three borderline starters for the prem. Played my first two games and lost to Everton and Spurs. My next two are United and Chelsea. Gonna be a long season, don’t think I’ll be surviving. I got turned down by so many players in just ridiculous circumstances. Players wanting 80k a week off me to play in the Prem, but then accepting 15k to play in the championship. I get I have a very low reputation team, but that would simply not happen irl. Must've happen 5 or 6 times at least.

I'm 2nd in my game in the first season in the premier league. My squad has a mix of championship and very lower prem level players. I just keep picking up points. I don't even know how it's happening. I've never seen anything like it. Everything tell me i should be getting beat by 3 or 4 every game.

I think i had about £20m to spend and most went into getting better wages for free players. My wage budget is £19m per year  😂

kidds.png

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2

I don’t think I’ll be as fortunate. Started the season with five defeats from five (although I did play Everton and United away and then Chelsea and Spurs at home to begin). The 1-0 defeat at home to Burnley stung though. I tried to go more defensive for the Burnley game but just created nothing, whereas I’d scored 6 in the previous 4. Think I’m just going to have to let them play, if we get hammered here and there so be it. 

Â