Football Manager 2021

Villaphan04

Jacob Ramsey turned out quite good in a version I played before though had him on loan 3 seasons in Swedish league but VIlla want bring him back.

Then again Villa always seem to get relegated in the 1st season or 2

Doing OK in my Bath save. 

Was top of the League for about 2 months. Then my form fell off a cliff. Only lost 2 in a run of 10 without a win but too many draws. 

I've dropped down to 8th though now I'm 10 games unbeaten again (though it is counting a fair few of them draws that also led to the 10 without a win headlines). I'm flirting with the National League South Playoffs but my squad ain't good enough to go up and I've got no money. Board wanted to avoid relegation, so least that will happen. 

Squad management in the lower leagues is tough. Everyone is on a 1 year deal or less, so it's like a revolving door of players coming in and out. 

I think I'm gonna be spending a good few hours scouting later as half my team will probably leave. 

After not playing the game for years, I'm getting the bug back! 

• Like 1

My Villa save is going fairly well first season. I managed to raise some additional funds by selling Elmo for £1m and got him off the wage bill. Adjusted the budget and managed to get Ajer for £5m up front and the rest in instalments and add ons totalling £16m. 

Played 6 in the league. Already played Utd  away, Arsenal away, Liverpool at home and Chelsea at home. Got draws at OT and Emirates. Lost to Chelsea and Liverpool narrowly, and I’ve beaten Sheff U away and Wolves at home. 

Grealish seems to be a right moany bast*rd tho. Never happy with team talks, sale of players, team meeting at the start the season, any interaction. Even welcoming a new signing he told me to p*as off. Hoping as my reputation grows he stops being a word removed. 

After the window closed after me trying to offload Steers wages all summer, Brighton come in with a bid for Heaton out of no where. Negotiated so he’s going in Jan for 11.75m and his 50k wages off the books. Now got £10m to play with in Jan. Will come in very handy!

• Like 1

On 19/02/2021 at 08:50, UpTheVilla26 said:

Any heads up on how to build a tactic? I don't want to go the route of finding one online and destroying everyone. 

I missed this at the time you posted it, so others may have picked up on it, but in short, you don't need to go downloading tactics anymore (although you still can) because the game had a pretty comprehensive set of preset tactics ready to use. There's a couple in particular that are really good, I just started a new unemploymed lowest reputation save with Spennymoor, and have had two consecutive promotions to league two. I won't mention what the tactic is, unless you want to know. 

My Dorking save is still going, still haven't cracked top 6 of the Prem, but do have the England job. 

• Like 2

Mobile seems so different than the other version. 
Ive competed a fair few seasons on it, and it’s proper old school. I don’t have to change my formation every game etc. Just stick 11 players in and run it. I always rotate my squad where I have 2 starting 11s so no burn out. 

I did a long run: started at Barca (so easy, massive bank balance and already quality players). - Won league and Europe twice. Won World Club Championship then resigned. 

Got offered Arsenal job after first game of season, then having lost to forest first game of season. I won the league twice, UEFA cup first season and European cup second. Resigned

Got offered Milan job, won league and European cup twice. Resigned after world club championship win. 

Applied for England and France jobs after the World Cup where both had gone out in first round. France offered straight away so I took it, 4 months later England replied I declined. 
I won the euros but it’s boring, so few games. Resigned

Season stared and after 10 games I eventually got offered the Arsenal job again, they played 10 won 5 lost 5, Spurs were 10 from 10. Second game in charge was Spurs beat them 4-0. I buy a lot of 16/17 yr old wonder kids, so they were just coming into their prime from my first time there. One the league by one point, lowest total I’ve seen 81 points. Won the league and Europe next season. Resigned. 

Took ages to be offered a role, expressed interest in Villa as they were struggling having just been relegated again. Eventually got the job, with 12 games gone and then on a 5 game losing run. Won first 12 games in a row. Only losing once for the rest of the season and won the league. Second season, Jacob Ramsey who’s attributes weren’t great and was just a backup, went on a mental run from number 10, scored 18, assisted 25 as we surprisingly won the league by 2 points

28 games into my first season with Villa and I’m sat in 4th place, 3 clear of Arsenal in 5th. Looking good for at least a Europa spot, which is surprising.

Grealish’s mood is better but he is angling for a move, contemplating wanting to move to a bigger club. Just you wait Jack, we’re on a journey here. We will have world domination soon. 

Managed to sign Tete from Shakhtar in January who’s impressive. Also loaned Curtis Jones who’s good. 

The home straight final 10 games looks favourable, only Man City to play to fear. Could sneak CL first season, which I’m not sure I want. I’d like a crack at the Europa first. 

• Like 1

Had a decent dortmund game on the go, finished 2nd in the 1st season but won the cup and the europa league, got a ton of money in the bank some great youngsters 

Moukoko signed his first Pro contract, 1 year deal... He won't discuss a new contract because he only recently signed one, in Jan he's agreed to join valencia, not sure whether or not to bin it off, pissed off at it

Quite happy with my squad so far. Just starting my second season. Finished 5th first season. Additionally to the below screen shots I still have Mings, Martinez and Douglas Luiz too. Sold El Ghazi, Traore, Heaton and other for funding first season.

0-FA506-B1-68-CC-48-FC-85-F9-930-CA57-E7

735-AB216-AFCA-439-D-873-B-D6743-D16-F06

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Taken over the world with dortmund in 2024

I carried on despite the kid leaving on a free, had a big battle to keep Haaland from leaving on a free too but threw a huge amount of money at the team and he stayed 

Onana

Kimmich demirhal skrinnrair cucurella

Villar camavinga

Aouar

Sancho haaland grealish

Bench of kaio Jorge, koopmeiners, pino, Bellingham, milenkovic savic

Haaland scored 50 and 51 league goals in the last 2 seasons, over 70 and 67 in all competitions, went unbeaten in the last season setting a new points record (and won the league by 3 points...)

Finally a team with great regens every year too although lots of Australians for some reason 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I carried on despite the kid leaving on a free, had a big battle to keep Haaland from leaving on a free too but threw a huge amount of money at the team and he stayed 

Onana

Villar camavinga

Aouar

Sancho haaland grealish

Haaland scored 50 and 51 league goals in the last 2 seasons, over 70 and 67 in all competitions, went unbeaten in the last season setting a new points record (and won the league by 3 points...)

Finally a team with great regens every year too although lots of Australians for some reason 

I did a Dortmund save and loved it. Really enjoyable, Haaland is like a cheat code isn’t he. Superstar. 

• Like 1

I’m just about to start my 3rd season with Villa and been flying. Finished 5th first season. Win the Europa League and finished 4th second season. 

Grealish has been phenomenal for me. Last season got 18 goals and 15 assists. Got Edouard and Esposito up top and both score for fun. 

Trying to retain an English core, I’ve signed Declan Rice after W Ham got relegated so had him for half a season after getting him in Jan for £28m. Got Dele Alli but struggling to get him firing. I’ve just picked up Joe Gomez too after Liverpool went big on Demiral, so he was listed. Signed Nick Pope too to compete with Emi  

Somehow, and I am delighted and amazed. I’ve just picked up Moriba on a free! He wouldn’t talk to me until end of May. Despite me touting his as top target and him being ‘desperate to make the move happen’. Literally tried to approach to sign every few days. Nabbed him end of May 2022 to come July 2022. Excited to see him in action. Never had him before. 

Also, got Moukoko on a free. He’s not coming until Jan 2023 once he’s 18. It’ll only be an 18 month deal once he arrives due to age again, but will move heaven and earth to tie him down longer. 

This save is shaping up nicely! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Onana

Villar camavinga

Aouar

Sancho haaland grealish

Kimmich at RB just feels wrong even if he can do it with ease. 

I think he's the best RB on the game, not much competition though, got rensch as his back up he's been a good buy from ajax

Probably the most pleasing thing on the save is signing grealish as a 93 scouted world class signing, outperformed sancho in his 1st year

sancho got something like 12 goals and 17 assists rated 7.36 but didn't make nunos euros team as he didn't show enough 😂 the England team is dross compared to my pre update save in which they were incredible 

First time I've signed camavinga too, on a free, he's the real deal, can play every midfield position and rated at least 4 stars for them, most of them rated 4.5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I think he's the best RB on the game, not much competition though, got rensch as his back up he's been a good buy from ajax

Probably the most pleasing thing on the save is signing grealish as a 93 scouted world class signing, outperformed sancho in his 1st year

sancho got something like 12 goals and 17 assists rated 7.36 but didn't make nunos euros team as he didn't show enough 😂 the England team is dross compared to my pre update save in which they were incredible 

First time I've signed camavinga too, on a free, he's the real deal, can play every midfield position and rated at least 4 stars for them, most of them rated 4.5

I’ve got Rensch at Villa. He can play anywhere across the back 4 and use either foot. Great versatility. I’m reluctant to play him centre back tho as he’s only 5’10”, but he’s great cover to have!

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I've not played 21 yet (haven't finished a save on 20) so can't say how good he is at RB, I'm just going off real life where he is a world class midfielder. 

Spent season 1, 2 and 3 at Wigan. First season lost the L1 playoff final, second season won the L1 playoff final, third season finished 2nd in the Championship.

Villa offered me the job and I can never turn it down. They also just got promoted back to the Prem in the 4th season in 2023/24.

Grealish has gone to Watford weirdly, and McGinn wanted out so I let him go to Norwich.

Starting to put a decent team together but there are some strange players that were bought before I arrived... Lascelles, a 31 year old Felipe Anderson, a 30 year old Fred and Ashley Barnes 😅

Luckily Watkins, Mings, Martinez, Traore and Luiz are all still there and doing well for me. Managed to sign Bergwijn who was fuming when McGinn left two days later and has been pretty average for me. The absolute standout player though has been Aaron Ramsey who is now receiving £50 million bids from the big teams and will soon become my best player.

7th in the league with 3 months to go... which I'll no doubt get through tonight.

Â