Football Manager 2021

Villaphan04

Anyone had any experience with Vandevoort?

He’s got a 23.5m release clause on my save which seems reasonable. Pope is my number 1 and I’ve just sold Martinez for £25m. Vandevoort happy to sign up as back up as started talks, just need to finalise it. Then long term number 1 moving forward as I’m sure he will soon surpass Pope. Is he worth it?

He's the no1 ranked wonderkid, I've bought him a couple of times but not played long enough for him to hit over 25 and really see how good he gets, he's definitley ok, out of all the youngsters he's the one that's consistently in the game, a lot of the other highly ranked ones don't always appear iturbe and Ivan martinez for example are only ever on it if I have Spain loaded, gasparini never scouts well, svilar on loan has worked for me a lot 

Livakovic is my go to keeper, he's the current rajkovic / Mexican keeper / enyeama 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's the no1 ranked wonderkid, I've bought him a couple of times but not played long enough for him to hit over 25 and really see how good he gets, he's definitley ok, out of all the youngsters he's the one that's consistently in the game, a lot of the other highly ranked ones don't always appear iturbe and Ivan martinez for example are only ever on it if I have Spain loaded, gasparini never scouts well, svilar on loan has worked for me a lot 

Livakovic is my go to keeper, he's the current rajkovic / Mexican keeper / enyeama 

I signed him in the end. He’s pretty much on a par with Pope and 9/10 years younger. 

Had Livakovic in my Dortmund save and was class, but he’s at Norwich now so would be a hefty fee. Was in the market/had funds when he moved as wasn’t a priority so missed the boat. 

On 19/03/2021 at 10:11, villan-scott said:

I’m just about to start my 3rd season with Villa and been flying. Finished 5th first season. Win the Europa League and finished 4th second season. 

Grealish has been phenomenal for me. Last season got 18 goals and 15 assists. Got Edouard and Esposito up top and both score for fun. 

Trying to retain an English core, I’ve signed Declan Rice after W Ham got relegated so had him for half a season after getting him in Jan for £28m. Got Dele Alli but struggling to get him firing. I’ve just picked up Joe Gomez too after Liverpool went big on Demiral, so he was listed. Signed Nick Pope too to compete with Emi  

Somehow, and I am delighted and amazed. I’ve just picked up Moriba on a free! He wouldn’t talk to me until end of May. Despite me touting his as top target and him being ‘desperate to make the move happen’. Literally tried to approach to sign every few days. Nabbed him end of May 2022 to come July 2022. Excited to see him in action. Never had him before. 

Also, got Moukoko on a free. He’s not coming until Jan 2023 once he’s 18. It’ll only be an 18 month deal once he arrives due to age again, but will move heaven and earth to tie him down longer. 

This save is shaping up nicely! 

You won’t be disappointed in Moriba, I’ve had him every save. One of the best in the game.

Finding new update a little frustrating when it comes to transfers. I have to bud way over valuation for anyone to be accepted. 
Computer bids really low for my players (in one season Utd bid £8m for Jack against a value of £90m). Then the players get disappointed when you don’t accept. 
Also, players moan not playing enough (my squad is far too big, filled with wonder kids). You agree to putting them on transfer list, an offfer comes in, you accept it and the player then declines the contract and doesn’t move. This seems to happen a lot, for example I agreed to sells Mings, had accepted 4 offers from the likes of Madrid, Juve and Milan. He turned it down. 3 months later he agreed end of contract deal to join Barnsley. It’s so frustrating 

• Like 1

I’m not sure if it’s luck or what’s happening, but on my Villa save I have managed to sign Ilaix Moriba, Moukoko, Musiala on free transfers already. Just come to January 2023, and just agreed the deals to sign Camavinga and Juan Miranda on free transfers for the end of their contracts in the summer. 

Quite ridiculous really. Never had anything like it before  

Still need a good right back though.

Reasonably priced good right backs are like rocking horse shit. 

Chelsea have got Odriozola for sale for £12m so might pick him up for a couple of seasons. 

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Haaland just scored 9 in a game for me vs freiburg

28 goals in 13 league games 

Never had a player scoring like him in 20 years of playing FM, couldn't even get messi and Ronaldo doing this despite several attempts 

9 in a game. Wow. Most he got for me was 6 in my Dortmund save, but 9 in a competitor fixture is crazy! Fair play. He’s still at Dortmund on my Villa save. I’m growing so hoping our paths come together and I can bring him to Villa 😅

Edited by villan-scott

Team put 12 past hamburg 2 weeks later, sancho getting 6

Could turn in to a good catch fergie save, I have lost a league game though for the first time in a season and a half, means after 18 games I've lost 1 and drawn 1, 3 points clear of bayern, 4 clear of leipzig

Hertha Berlin just beat man City 4-0 to win their CL group too (meaning I've got city in the next round) they buy an £80m player every summer, zainolo was definitely one can't remember the others 

On 23/03/2021 at 12:41, mikeyp102 said:

You won’t be disappointed in Moriba, I’ve had him every save. One of the best in the game.

Where do you play him? The game reckons he's better as a playmaker of some description, but in my first season for Barca he'd get a goal outside the box every 3 games as box to box.

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Where do you play him? The game reckons he's better as a playmaker of some description, but in my first season for Barca he'd get a goal outside the box every 3 games as box to box.

I play an adjusted 4231 and he’s in the midfield 2, both midfield 2 are set with the role of central midfield so go forward and get back. 

3 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

His long shots are a thing of beauty. He’s rattled a few in for me. Extra satisfying off the woodwork too. He’s quality. I play him as either advanced playmaker attack in a CM 2 or AP behind a striker. 

Haaland finished on 90 goals for the season, 89 in 44 games for me but then only 1 in 10 for Norway 

Did the treble and became the most successful manager in bundesliga history, think I'm 4th for Germans* and 10th overall so yeah I go after fergie

*anyone else just make themselves the nationality of the league? I can't be bothered with the game mechanics of not speaking the language 

Edited by villa4europe

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Haaland finished on 90 goals for the season, 89 in 44 games for me but then only 1 in 10 for Norway 

Did the treble and became the most successful manager in bundesliga history, think I'm 4th for Germans* and 10th overall so yeah I go after fergie

*anyone else just make themselves the nationality of the league? I can't be bothered with the game mechanics of not speaking the language 

I usually end up bouncing about from club to club until I end up at Villa (working with only newgens) or retire. As such I'll give myself a 2nd nationality (usually Spanish). Current save -(fm20) went Dortmund, Real, England, Villa where we're now top team. I'm getting bored though as above Fergie now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Don't think I've ever overtaken fergie without being the national team manager or in a country with only 1 cup so doing it with dortmund will be hard 

I am about 15+ years in (Mbappe is 35 odd) and Modric has been Arsenal manager for 3 years or so. I won trophies with all clubs (fluked the Euro's with England) and have multiple Champs League's and La Liga from the 6 or 7 years I spent at Madrid (basically a cheat code). Only other times I've overtaken Fergie is on 20+ year saves. 

On 20/03/2021 at 17:36, villa4europe said:

Ochoa?

• Thanks 1

Chrisene from us is class at wb. 
Ive gone proper youth on this save, from our youth team in my squad I’ve got Zwych, Onodi, Chrisene, Chukwumeke Barry, Ramsey x2, Wright, Hutton (regen) and McBride. Sold Bogarde for £20m without ever getting near first team

84-BF9474-F4-D1-4309-9964-14213-FCAE753.

First Champions League Final with Villa in my first season in the competition. Absolutely crazy 6-6 draw in the final against Dortmund and lost 4-3 on pens. Grealish missed pen number 5 which would have won us the CL 😫

Priority number one for the summer is improving the defence!

• Sad 1

Â