Football Manager 2021

Villaphan04

I've started a save with Sheffield Wednesday to have a little bit of a challenge and I felt guilty about e-Smith getting the sack when we're doing so well in real life! I've not even made it to the first game of the season yet and keep losing the friendlies. I normally go for a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, but went with a 4-4-2 as Wednesday are relatively strong up top.

It definitely seems to be running faster than last years'. One slight annoyance is I can't work out how to see my player's reactions to shouts as last year you could constantly use 'demand more' and it would always work, now I keep getting to half time and they're all 'feeling the pressure' or another negative effect.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

I’m a few league games in, beat Southampton 5-1 at VP and drew 1-1 with Spurs away. Lost at home to Southampton in the LC on pens 3 days after smashing them in the league. I did make a lot of changes but was against their first team. 

Bertrand Traore is doing well for me. Got 4 goals already. Watkins is out for 3 months so playing Wesley who’s bagged a couple. 

The tweaks with the player interaction and match engine feel good. Really enjoying it so far. 

I absolutely hate the match day build up and actual game day.

Normally takes some time to get used to each new one but with each addition they add things I don’t care about and make no difference to the game. Body language, social media, the way conversations are. 

Maybe as I’ve been playing them since about 2003 all I want to do is scout, sign players and play games. 

Edited by Nicho
  • Like 3

On 14/11/2020 at 17:17, Nicho said:

I absolutely hate the match day build up and actual game day.

Normally takes some time to get used to each new one but with each addition they add things I don’t care about and make no difference to the game. Body language, social media, the way conversations are. 

Maybe as I’ve been playing them since about 2003 all I want to do is scout, sign players and play games. 

This. I started in 93, and they made this way more complicated than it should be. 

Go on to your staff page, go to responsibilities and then give press conferences, training, youth development etc to other people

That'll get you to scouting, signing players and the games 

Fortunately the broken social media thing and the conversations are missing from FM Touch 

I always delegate the repetitive stuff to Ass Man or other staff. Training is overly complicated so I pass that off. Certain press conferences I pass off, as well as tunnel interviews.

I set up scouting and generally go off their reports, but I will have a scout around myself too.

Yeah it's like a version of touch and then depending on what machine you run it on it will be upgraded 

The main advantage I think should be the ability to have it on the xbox at home then on your tablet and also on your phone 

And again I think it's going to be on game pass 🤞 which for me is huge, that's probably the biggest day 1 game pass game ever released 

Definitely enjoying this years beta far more than FM20. Transfers are a bit messed up at the moment it feels like, seems a bit easy to get some of the top players cheap. In season 2 with Arsenal and I've signed Donnarumma on a free, Alphonso Davies and Tonali for both under £20m and I could sign Neymar for just £34m because he won't sign a contract. Do also agree that the new matchday/press conference UI stuff is a bit over the top but other than that I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy this year much more than FM20 which was pretty terrible imo. 

The match engine is so much better. 

• Like 1

Full release today, I’ll be having a little dabble today when I can. 

I’ve done my usual and start with Villa. I’ve got us up to 6th at the end of January and going well. 

One thing I’ve noticed on the beta is the league fixtures seemed messed up. I’d played Liverpool, Spurs and City twice in the first half of the season. Played Liverpool back to back before if even played some teams. Anyone else had strange fixture scheduling like that? I never got round to reporting it. 

The good thing with the above means that my second half of the season ‘should’ be easier. Hoping to finish the season well as I want to upgrade Watkins. He’s decent, but I want someone next level. Can’t seem to attract anyone decent in January, Edouard and Isak are too choices but neither want to come. 

On 18/11/2020 at 21:54, villa4europe said:

Yeah it's like a version of touch and then depending on what machine you run it on it will be upgraded 

The main advantage I think should be the ability to have it on the xbox at home then on your tablet and also on your phone 

And again I think it's going to be on game pass 🤞 which for me is huge, that's probably the biggest day 1 game pass game ever released 

Really? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything about it being on game pass day 1.

I’ve updated to the full version and can’t score for toffee. Played 4 games and gone from free scoring to unable to score at all. XG is decent in each game. Should have outscored my opponent in every game according to that and scored none. 

Anyone else having a similar issue?

I just downloaded this overnight. Normally would jump straight into Villa, but might wait this time to see if there are some bugs that need ironing out first. Instead I'm going to take on Hertha, so hopefully its a bit of fun.

Â